Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  gpenguins 
#1 ·
For personal reasons I'm going to be selling some things coming up here, so I'll start with this puppy.

This is a project I put together some time ago with various parts I acquired over time. It's an Ibanez RG550 modeled after Steve Vai's "Green Meanie" Charvel. It's got a blue Dimarzio Evolution pickup in the bridge position, a pink Dimarzio PAF Pro from and original Jem in the neck, and the middle is a stacked Dimarzio IBZUSA humbucker. This guitar has been refinished, and there are a few flaws in the finish, as shown in the pictures. The finish is also not clear coated. The hardware is chrome, and the original Edge arm has been replaced with a Floyd Rose collared type. I will install black backplates before shipping. Includes heavy padded gigbag.

If you have any questions, please ask. It's easier to email me at gpenguins AT earthlink.net

$450 OBO shipped to CONUS, $475 to Canada, elsewhere, please ask.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v655/gpenguins/Family Portraits/RG550 Green Meanie/

#2 ·
Okay, I was asked a couple of times about this, so just so you know: Yes, I had listed this on evilbay earlier in the week and for some reason I got flagged for misrepresenting a copyrighted object - using the exact same description as I have above. Can't figure that out other than some tool emailed me and asked if it was a "genuine" RG550 with factory paint and the neck and body came from the same guitar. I told him "no" to both, but that they were original Ibanez parts, then a couple hours later my auction was pulled. WTF?

So, yes, this is mine, I posted pics here long ago in a thread.

Mods - I apologize if this counts as conversation, but since I was asked, I wanted to explain to anyone who may have ssen it listed over on the bay of evil.

#3 ·
No, I'm guessing you got pulled because you used the terms "Steve Vai" and "Green Meanie" in your auction. Because he has nothing to do with this guitar, combined with using the name of one of his guitars, you probably ticked off someone, watching, there. Funny, cause a Green Meanie replica just sold on there, and I saw no sign of it being pulled.

#4 ·
You know, I didn't even think about that. I just found it interesting that it got pulled not too long after I answered that email. I actually listed it a few weeks ago with no problems, but was just doing a BIN only. Of course when I sent evilbay a message they never gave me a reason why they pulled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.