for trade , ibanez usrg30 - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear Guitar and Gear Classified ads. List your items for sale and/ or trade List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and is not for listing JEM/Universe guitars or links to auctions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

for trade , ibanez usrg30

Hi your looking at an Ibanez usrg30 in transparent Amber

here is the run down .

Ibanez usrg30
trans amber with a 3A grade top
Green Dimarzio paf pro neck and Black steve's special bridge
Basically new original edge trem
I installed a new jack, one that wont come un-screwed
It has a series/parallel push pull tone pot for the fred
3 way switch
3 inch Dimarzio clip lock strap

All the dings and condition.
The guitar is in more of players condition.
It has wear marks on the back of the neck toward the heal and along the under side of the neck along the bottom neck binding
It has some fret wear , there are no dead frets (the frets are nickel Dunlop 6105 )
i counted about 13 dings over the body , none going through to the wood and only 3 larger then a pencil eraser
The tuners are cosmetically worn but still function absolutly great .
There is a ding on the top side of the neck right at the aanj neck joint and there is a very very very small crack on the top side right at the joint ( the common stress cracks found on ibanez guitars) and there is an even smaller crack on the bottom side.
The headstock has one ding top and the point on the headstock has been hit a few times. The headstock overall has darkened a bit compared to the rest of the neck.

that is pretty much it . Please donít be thrown off by my description i am just trying to make sure that any potential buy knows exactly what condition the guitar is in . Just about all that (95% of the damage) had already happened when i bought the guitar and i was un-aware of it . So needless to say i was un-happy with the seller but not the guitar .

Please note that the guitar has a few changes from the list below .

The guitar ships in an ibanez prestige case , it isn't in the best of shape and smells funky . It smelled that way when i got in , but it does it's job well.It is the only case i have to spair

This taken from www.jemsite.com

USRG - USA Custom RG

USRG30

List Price
$1699.95

Color
AM (Amber), TP (Transparent Purple), TB (Transparent Blue). TR (Transparent Red), BT, ST, TK, CT, TG

Body Material
Alder w/ AAA Figured Maple Top

Pickguard
None

Pickup Color
Black

Knobs
Black Plastic

Inlays
Offset Pearl Dots

Fretboard
Bound Rosewood

Fret Wire
Dunlop 6105

Neck Wood
1-piece maple

Neck Type
USRG Tension Free

Neck Joint
AANJ

Hardware
CosmoBlack (CK)

Pickup Config
H-H

Pickups
Neck: DiMarzio PAF Pro
Bridge DiMarzio Tone Zone

Pickup Switching
5-way

Bridge/Tremolo
Lo Pro Edge

Years
1994-1996

Quantity
unknown

Case
UM150C - $129.95 list

Note
Built PBC Guitar (Dave Bunker, pres.) in Coopersburg, PA USA

Wizard Neck Measurements

Thickness:
19.0mm at fret-1
21.0mm at fret-12

Width:
43mm nut
57mm at fret-22

Radius: 16" fretboard radius

PBC Guitar Technology

I started building the Ibanez USRG-10-20 and 30 in 1993 and in 1994 started building the ATK Bass line. These several thousand Ibanez were built in Coopersburg PA. by PBC Guitar technology which was my company at the time. All of these instruments featured our special Tension Free neck and other than the electronics and hardware, were built to finish by PBC. We stopped building for Ibanez in late 1996. I learned to have a great respect for this fine Hoshino (Ibanez) company for the quality that they demand and deliver. - Dave Bunker, Pres. Bunker Guitars

Tension Free Neck - Explained by it's Inventor Dave Bunker

The Tension Free neck puts very little stress on the wood and instead of compressing the neck from one end to the other it just pushes the neck up to forward bow or back to back bow in a simple fulcrum method with the rod being pinned through the neck at the 17th fret and adjusted with a screw at the 22nd plus fret.

My attitude has always been since that truss rod necks are old technology in that while they can put back bow on a neck they do it at considerable tone loss and stress which can cause everything from twisting to constantly being out of tune. This was very graphically shown to me by top Boeing engineers who assisted me in the design of the Tension free neck. All wood is very unstable which makes it very unpredictable when stress is applied to it.

Ibanez at first was worried about the Tension Free but after Mr. Hoshino inspected and tested it they went with it. The ATK bass [also made by PBC for Ibanez] won bass of the year in 1994 in the retail/wholesale magazine partly because of the [Tension Free] neck design.

The Tension Free neck was harder to adjust on the USRG20 [and USRG30] guitars because of the locking nut being mounted on the neck end instead of the headstock as is common on Ibanez guitars. I still get lots of calls from customers who bought and play the instruments and in 90+ % of the cases they really like the instruments. The only thing I felt lacked about the Tension Free neck idea was people not fully understandings not only how it worked but how to properly adjust it. If people call me, usually in minutes they have their necks adjusted and are as happy as lambs.

One thing that impressed me at the Bensalem, PA Ibanez facility were the mass number of standard truss rod type necks which were replaced by Ibanez (literally thousands) because of twist and other reasons. Ibanez I'll state again, is one of the finest company's I have ever had the pleasure to do business with. Their inspection and quality control far surpasses any of the other company's. - Dave Bunker, Pres. Bunker Guitars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA Custom Common Features
USA Custom Guitar Details

25.5 scale
24 frets
Rear routed body cavity (no pickguard)
Made in USA Construction - see each individual Spec Sheet for the location/factory of manufacture and where the wood supplies were obtained.

Custom Made to Order Option - All USA Customs could be customized and made to order, except the USRG line which came as-is. The models listed above (as per the Ibanez catalog and dealer price sheets) are the stock models as designed by the Custom Shop. People could order the guitars as shown, and dealers might have ordered them for inventory unchanged. Alternately, there was a custom shop spec sheet to allow the customer to choose between a menu of options. The customer would specify their choice for the body, hardware and Dimarzio Pickups. Various neck options were also available to customers, including choice of fretboard wood, inlays, neck binding and an optional reversed headstock.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information obtained and confirmed from these sources: Ibanez, Ibanez Guitar Catalogs, Dealer Price Lists, various JEM enthusiasts & sites on the links page

© jemsite.com / jemsiteforum.com

the guitar does not come with a tremelo bar . I just set it up with a new set of 10-46s and it is playing great . It is one of the most resonate guitar i have ever played. PLEASE dont think that the guitar is in mint condition , it has been played and has a number of dings . If enough interest is shown i will post in detail all the nicks and dings.

TRADES : I am interested in guitars with nice tops or natrual finished , maple necks are cool too. As far as brands go, i am fairly open, please no gibson/epiphone offers though. I am only interested in guitars. An ibanez with the slim wizard would be nice, or a jem7dbk .

I may consider selling outright if no good trades are thrown out to me , so if your interested in buying outright go ahead and PM so if and or when i post a sell price i can contact you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Re: for trade , ibanez usrg30

Here is a Pic

NOTE THAT THE STRAP,KNOB COLOR, AND BRIDGE PICKUP HAVE CHANGED .

The strap is now a 3 inch dimarzio clip lock strap
the Knobs are now black
the bridge pickup is now black as well .

I'll provide more pictures upon request

http://www.deanguitars.com/userpics/lib5/IM000792.JPG
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Re: for trade , ibanez usrg30

lock it up please

thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
aanj neck , aanj neck joint , bridge pickup , clip lock strap , custom guitar , custom shop , dimarzio clip lock , dimarzio clip lock strap , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , edge trem , fret wire , fretboard radius , fretboard wood , green dimarzio , guitar tech , ibanez catalog , ibanez guitars , locking nut , maple neck , maple necks , neck binding , neck joint , paf pro , paf pro neck , pickup switch , pickup switching , pro edge , pro neck , pull tone , pull tone pot , reversed headstock , tone loss , tone zone , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode