WTB Zebra humbucker Superdistortion or? - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear Guitar and Gear Classified ads. List your items for sale and/ or trade List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and is not for listing JEM/Universe guitars or links to auctions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

WTB Zebra humbucker Superdistortion or?

WTB Zebra humbucker Superdistortion or??\
I have one DiMarzio Dp100fbc Super Distortion Pickup F spaced. Is that bridge? Neck?

Mine is zebra cream.
I dont mind mixing with other models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 05:32 AM

Re: WTB Zebra humbucker Superdistortion or?

F spaced is a bridge pickup by definition.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 08:01 AM

Reviews: 21

Look up Banjomikez on eBay. Great selection, great pricing, and great service.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 10:09 AM

I had to register a third account, Im always stuck in a crazy login loop then failed login attempt.
Its like im loged in and typong then press post reply and it asked if im a robot then firefox logs in then failed attempt. 5/5 wait 15 min. I wait 15 min then are you a robot.

I looked at the Dmarzio website FAQ.
So I have an Ibanez hollywood custom shop, for the neck I just get a regular spaced super distortion?

Took me half an hour to login and type this so if any one can just help I dont have any more time today to make a 4th account and login so I wont be responding.

Its possible im just stupid so help if you can.

Im not a robot.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Derf View Post
I had to register a third account, Im always stuck in a crazy login loop then failed login attempt.
Its like im loged in and typong then press post reply and it asked if im a robot then firefox logs in then failed attempt. 5/5 wait 15 min. I wait 15 min then are you a robot.

I looked at the Dmarzio website FAQ.
So I have an Ibanez hollywood custom shop, for the neck I just get a regular spaced super distortion?

Took me half an hour to login and type this so if any one can just help I dont have any more time today to make a 4th account and login so I wont be responding.

Its possible im just stupid so help if you can.

Im not a robot.

Don't give up... I have that issue every time I log in too. When you log in be sure to click the little box that says "keep me logged in" or whatever. I get the failed message and then exit the page, then go back to it and I'm logged in for good.

The Super Distortion is pretty hot pickup for the neck position! I think it is mainly intended to be in the bridge. Regular or F spacing is not as big of a deal on the neck pickup, but I'm no pro just a bedroom guitar player...

The internet says "For correct string alignment and a balanced output, F-spaced humbuckers should be used in the bridge position on guitars with string spacing at the bridge of 2.1″ or 53mm (or greater). If the nut width is 1-11/16″ or 43mm (or greater) F-spaced pickups can be used in the neck position"

DiMarzio's site says "F-spaced pickups measure 2.01" (51 mm) center-to-center from the first polepiece to the sixth. Standard-spaced pickups measure 1.90" (48 mm). Although some players believe that F-spaced pickups are only for the bridge position of tremolo bridge guitars, many guitars with fixed bridges (including post-1998 Gibson® and Epiphone® Les Paul®, SG® and semi-hollow guitars) should have F-spaced pickups in the bridge position. Most tremolo equipped guitars that have a nut width of 1-11/16” (43mm) or more should also use an F-spaced pickup in the neck position. If you’re replacing a bridge-position pickup and you're not sure what your string-spacing is, it's usually better to get an F-spaced model. It is not necessary for the strings to pass exactly over the center of the polepieces for best performance, but it is wise to avoid a situation where the E strings are sitting completely outside of the outer polepieces."
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 02:35 PM

Reviews: 21

I'm no expert but I always thought that f-spacing is more critical closer to the bridge given the point on the length of the string where it's vibrating through the magnetic field. All things considered, two identical pickups placed in the bridge and neck, say the PAF Pro for example, are simply going to sound (and behave) differently because the bridge is closer to the end of the string and the neck further away from the end.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode