Ibanez JEM Forum banner

13K for a Chrome Boy !

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jono 
#1 ·
#2 ·
But apart from this one with a butchered top horn, which at 13k, hasn't sold yet, when was the last time you remember one coming up for sale?

I guess on original Silver Surfer finish guitars, it has to be a seller's market, unless you've decided to drill a few random holes in it just for fun? ;)

#6 ·
I think 90% of the JS's on eBay are overpriced..... pretty much everyone that is coming 'from Japan' is about $1500 above retail.... There's a JS1CR30 which is $3000 more than I paid for mine, a PRM for over $11,000US.... is there any wonder these sit on eBay for months if not years without selling?

That JS2 has been popping up on and off for months.... anyone want a brand new JS20th there's one sitting here at Ibanez NZ that they haven't been able to sell for 10 years :/. They also have a full set of 3 Universe 30th swirls that won't move either.....

#9 ·
Condition is important, if it’s minty fresh, that’ll be worth a lot more than one with flaking chrome and extra strap button holes...

I’d personally say that it’s got to be worth more than a black dog, but these days probably less than a JS 3, 4 or 5... whatever that means ;)

#11 ·
the one that was on eBay looks, to me from the photos, like someone tried to reposition the strap button on the top horn, twice, and covered up the damage with clear tape. If that's right, it massively devalues the instrument. If that's not right, what are those holes and how did they get there.

the damage to the decal on the headstock would also be a problem for me on a guitar with that asking price. I'm not sure what I'd pay for that one, but it wouldn't even be close to the £13K asking price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.