30th Waitlist (communication) - Page 2 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 01:57 PM

Reviews: 4
Re: 30th anniversary jem

O.K. I gotta say a few things as you are WAAAAAAY outa-line here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
This was the first time I had ever seen a $3500 purchase order without any terms given.
Only a idiot would complain about this AFTER they bought something!! Why didn't you ask about the terms upfront BEFORE giving someone your money?

Quote:
I stated I would have gotten better customer service from a kid at Guitar Center.
That's the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard anyone say on this forum about Rich. You don't know a good thing when you see it....jeeeez. His dedication to "us" and Ibanez guitars is unmatched. His information is priceless.

Quote:
....but seriously - I'm a 50 year old producer of films and albums.
I guess the sun doesn't shine until you get up in the morning
Get off your "I'M sooooo important than everyone else trip.

I waited 2 YRS for the last "big face" donnie that the late-great Herc Fede ever did. His communication was all over the place as well (months with no reply), but when I got it, I actually shead a little tear. It was worth the wait. Also, good things come to those who wait sometimes, like, because i didn't post negative things on forums about him (like you are doing to Rich) , and didn't threaten to sue him etc, I got a nice surprise. When I called him to do a swirl for me about a yr later, he was very appreciative of my patience with the donnie and gave me a FREE swirl paint job!!! I about died.
I say all that to say this , people make mistakes and are not perfect. You need to remember that bud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Vendor

I'm just going to say communication works both ways, you actually have to read the replies. And since I was implicitly told I could post any emails sent,....

Quote:
And I wanted to ask you anyhow….. can you get one of the re-release 777’s yet? I heard a rumor that Sam Ash in NYC has them on display on facebook today. I would love to own a pink one, but I would like to purchase it from you so I could get your setup.

Can you help me out?

Thanks!

Quote:
They may have this picture one if the reps let out of all 3 but I doubt they have any guitars yet. they are due soon, the first ones. I’m sold out on sk’s depending on how many more I can pick up. I’m sure I should be able to get a few more. it would be months before the last available sk’s would be in, they’ll come in over several months
[I was completely wrong as we all know by now they let SA have 2 sets early]

Quote:
I’m serious about buying one of these from you Rich. Looks like it came out in Japan and some dude at Jemsite picked up an LNG! Any word yet?

Quote:
Hey
Until I can secure more I can’t take any more sk orders. lg and dy only ;/
Quote:
Tell me about access to an LNG pretty please….
Locked in the order, several emails later

Quote:
I just saw that you will have the Shocking Pink’s available on your site.

Can I switch my order to a pink one?

Thanks
Quote:
I had one drop out last night, I’ll switch it over
That's when the "Hows it looking for timing on my 777SK? Any word yet?" ETA questions began and all I could reply was, I'm still waiting for them to get my ETA sheet together.

SO, if you go back to the BOLD PRINT, I had made it pretty clear from the beginning I was sold out and any extra would be available after several months at the end of the shipments. When I reviewed all the emails I missed I had told him that, so what or where I didn't communicate I'm not exactly sure.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

So what does "I had one drop out last night, Iíll switch it over" mean from Rich if there wasn't any in stock or planning on being? What exactly was dropped out if there was none available? That statement made it sound you had one available.

To be straight up - I got my money back, and immediately purchased one available that will be here tomorrow. I don't really care about my self, I'm a just fine and fixed it within an hour - but the vague communication creates a belief there is lack, or somehow Rich's are special, or he's got some "Special In". And all you fanboys are supporting this notion. He has a lot of fans here, look how you all support him in anything he says. That's why I posted.

Oh, I have a herc fede too. I bought that, and had it in 5 days.

Forgot a couple important emails Rich:

From me: "Do you know why they are for sale on ebay in the US? Isnít this strange without having an ETA from Ibanez?"

From Rich: "I believe I tried to explain I have 13 sk sold. I have 5 of each here now all have to get shipped. I doní;t know when yours is due."

From Me: "No, there hasnít been much explanation of this process or timing. I feel like Iím having to ask questions due to that. Thanks"

From Rich: "After review you are correct. You ordered an lg and switched to an sk that became available when a set buyer had to drop out. I thin picked up 3 more skís after that [I think]. Iím having some trouble keeping perfect track of it all also. I told about everybody there would be these popping up on ebay if they were in a hurry, long before the later allocations would come in. plenty of dealer ordering these that have no buyer for them. I could use another 10 sk. Could have sold another 5 since I sold the last out."

And my bow out of the deal:
"An apology would be in order for this poor communication. I donít want to have to force information out of one of my suppliers when I can get the same product from Sweetwater (I was offered a set from them) or now ebay!

I would have gotten more info from a kid at Guitar Center, and he wouldnít have been snarky. No paperwork, no ETAís, just a deposit as you forget what you have coming in and going out.

Refund my deposit, and call me a dissatisfied customer. I will purchase my Ibanez investment guitars elsewhere.

Any questions? I would be happy to discuss this voice."

And Rich's Final: "I need to apologize for what exactly?
Snarky?
Paperwork?
Dissatisfied customer?
Seriously?
If anybody is owed an apology it would be from that email.
Until I get an eta spread sheet from hoshino of when each allocation will be in [which will be at least up till may] I could only tell the first 15 people I have their guitars.
Refunded, with pleasure."

And that boys and girls, is terrible customer service, terrible communication and can anyone actually explain what all this "10 here, 15 there, can't remember, need more, you're in position, you took a place".

Thats why I am here today. Thank you.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 02:41 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

point made, now drop it.

BTW you didn't commission a new/custom from herc fede & get it in 5 days.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

You call me an Idiot and Dumb, and Self Absorbed? Not a single demeaning thing has been written here, until you show up.

Please explain to me who you are, and why I should be listening to you?

Moderator?

I was just "Doing business with your best buddy!" He doesn't need paperwork, and expects people to read forums to know what his terms are. Didn't you read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl2556 View Post
O.K. I gotta say a few things as you are WAAAAAAY outa-line here:

Only a idiot would complain about this AFTER they bought something!! Why didn't you ask about the terms upfront BEFORE giving someone your money?

That's the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard anyone say on this forum about Rich. You don't know a good thing when you see it....jeeeez. His dedication to "us" and Ibanez guitars is unmatched. His information is priceless.

I guess the sun doesn't shine until you get up in the morning
Get off your "I'M sooooo important than everyone else trip.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 02:42 PM
Vendor

Sent 1/9 before the order was placed for the LG

Quote:
They may have this picture one if the reps let out of all 3 but I doubt they have any guitars yet. they are due soon, the first ones. Iím sold out on skís depending on how many more I can pick up. Iím sure I should be able to get a few more. it would be months before the last available skís would be in, theyíll come in over several months
You were told, long before any deposit was placed or order changed or anything else. Debunk that please.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode