30th Waitlist (communication) - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

30th Waitlist (communication)

Rich -

I see you are popular and communicative here at Jemsite, so I thought I would continue this conversation here instead of emails.

I want to share the email I received from you stating someone "dropped out" and I was in line to change to an SK. Please explain to me and the forum, how I took somebody's spot, when there "are no spots", and you are preselling something you didn't have ordered or know when it will arrive?

I was also not given any receipt, no ETA, nothing but a paypal receipt of my own making.

Be it known that I have received my refund, and already replaced the order with one that will be here in a few days - but this is a terrible way to do business and I wish to have it explained to me/us.

Why would I put down a deposit without being in line? Why would someone drop out and be placed in their position without being in line?

The lack of emails and courtesy of typical regular business transactions was missing with this, and it's important to warn others. My next step is I will contact Ibanez directly and explain what happened with them, and get their take on this.

I had one drop out last night, Iíll switch it over

Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:00 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Bridge +

Hey Rich!

I just saw that you will have the Shocking Pinkís available on your site.

Can I switch my order to a pink one?

Thanks

ri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Oh here we go.

First in line? You ordered an LG weeks ago, then noticed an SK open up and wanted to change over to that. Never a problem. When everybody has asked for ETA I have said they will be in later allocations, I've told people if they're in a hurry I have no doubt there will be plenty on ebay from dealers that did not have buyers. Did all buyers get told the same things? No, I'm having a hard enough time just keeping the paperwork all straight. And get called snarky because evidently somebody thought they were buying their way to the front of the line? Sorry, that is never possible.

To everybody.

These guitars will be coming in from now until at least May because that's when the last allocations come in. I have been waiting for a spread sheet from HUSA that lets me know when each allocation from which dealer will be expected, but it's very complicated for them also, so I still haven't gotten it a week later [he does have many other things in his job to do]. As soon as I get the spread sheet I'll be able to pretty much tell what container each order should be expected from by when the customer order was placed, if all pass inspection which can push eta's back when guitars don't. I think most were told this, and plenty were told if you're in a hurry there's no doubt there will be plenty on ebay from dealers that don't have buyers. And I have no doubt plenty were not as it's pretty fluid. When I need is more guitars but that well is now closed.

Nobody was snarky, I have tried to continue to tell you I'm still waiting on the ETA sheet, of course, news to me you thought you were at the front of the line.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 02:15 PM
Vendor

Re: 30th anniversary jem

I'll refrain from posting your email filled with inuendo and remarks [still trying to figure out what's "snarky"]

If you were reading this thread I had sold out of anything I'd get in the first shipment by the end of November. Anybody buying a guitar is buying a guitar, that will be in a later allocation. You ordered 1/17 when I was in a crunch getting everything wrapped to leave for LA. If things were not fully explained it's all on me and the timing of the order, but your reactions and choice of words is all on you.

When an SK opened up, you don't get his spot, everybody moves up one, each new sale goes to the end of the line. If you think giving you somebody elses spot and screwing everybody else is fair then this conversation is done.

You kept asking for an ETA, I kept telling you I was still waiting to get the file that would let me know your ETA, while at the same time you evidently thought you had bought a spot in line you did not. I finally got a break to review the email transcript and realized at no point were you told what I typically told everybody else, that you were locked in and guaranteed the model but I wouldn't know when or what container yours would be on until HUSA got me the breakdown.

It was a lapse in communication which you blew up at, and evidently are still pushing as hard as you can making sure to continue to post where anybody with no patience can buy a guitar right now, including breaking rules posting live ebay adds [which immediately sold after you did of course]. Let's just make it easy, the warehouses got plenty, their first batches will be ample and a simple google search will put one in anybodies hands in a few days.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lhea...th+anniversary

Where thankfully I come up #3, but I am sold out and could have sold another 10 SK's, to buyers that are patient, know they're guaranteed to get their guitar, know they can choose which one, and have it prepped anyway they want [including 2 complete sets ordered at Platinum package I won't be looking forward to].

So you can continue to do whatever you want, nobody disrespected you [it was the other way around], slighted you, was snarky to you, stole your money, or called you out in public. It was a communication breakdown I have no doubt was probably repeated at this, the absolute craziest time of year for [most] any dealer.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 02:36 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
The lack of emails and courtesy of typical regular business transactions was missing with this, and it's important to warn others. My next step is I will contact Ibanez directly and explain what happened with them, and get their take on this.
Kindly don't "warn others" by posting private emails instead maybe your next step should be to stand down & chill out. You ordered from a superstore so hopefully the unchecked one you get is ok (it probably is).

We all have flaws.. Rich's are public and can provide comic relief - hotheaded, pays $ to go watch the Eagles lose regularly for decades, non-mobile website also lacking https, etc. - but you won't find a better retailer who sells authorized Ibanez in the USA.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

It's so nice to communicate here. All the other communications were about 4 words.

I think we're getting closer to your admission the communication was terrible. It seems you are overworked! But, I never received a purchase order, or any terms. Expecting me to read a forum to find what your terms are is ridiculous. I highly recommend you tell people what they are getting from you on deposit, and use communication directly with them to explain your process.

The vagueness may work well with fanboys, and the ability to whip up fervor over your sales, but seriously - I'm a 50 year old producer of films and albums. This was the first time I had ever seen a $3500 purchase order without any terms given.

I stated I would have gotten better customer service from a kid at Guitar Center. Feel free to post anything I wrote you! I'm a very polite professional that deals with a lot of people.

I am not on a vendetta, what I would like is to you to change the way you do this so others don't go through what I just did. The first step is admission, and you're getting closer!

Use purchase orders explaining terms before taking peoples money.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Considering there are 23,000 posts by Rich here, and only 10,000 by the moderator - can we assume this is his platform?

And btw, that link I put in was the one I purchased.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 02:59 PM

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 03:00 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
Kindly don't "warn others" by posting private emails instead maybe your next step should be to stand down & chill out. You ordered from a superstore so hopefully the unchecked one you get is ok (it probably is).

We all have flaws.. Rich's are public and can provide comic relief - hotheaded, pays $ to go watch the Eagles lose regularly for decades, non-mobile website also lacking https, etc. - but you won't find a better retailer who sells authorized Ibanez in the USA.
Glen, we had a 6-2 home record this year. Please retract that part of your statement!

Quote:
It's so nice to communicate here. All the other communications were about 4 words.

I think we're getting closer to your admission the communication was terrible. It seems you are overworked! But, I never received a purchase order, or any terms. Expecting me to read a forum to find what your terms are is ridiculous. I highly recommend you tell people what they are getting from you on deposit, and use communication directly with them to explain your process.

The vagueness may work well with fanboys, and the ability to whip up fervor over your sales, but seriously - I'm a 50 year old producer of films and albums. This was the first time I had ever seen a $3500 purchase order without any terms given.

I stated I would have gotten better customer service from a kid at Guitar Center. Feel free to post anything I wrote you! I'm a very polite professional that deals with a lot of people.

I am not on a vendetta, what I would like is to you to change the way you do this so others don't go through what I just did. The first step is admission, and you're getting closer!

Use purchase orders explaining terms before taking peoples money.
You want me to admit I'm overworked, I don't think it needs to be stated.

Please, tell us the ordeal you actually had to endure. Several emails asking for ETA where you think you're getting a guitar in stock, and I'm just trying to get the master ETA to let you know when you can expect your order? Your refund was returned without question as it would be to anyone, no questions asked [your commentary email not needed and not wanted].

If I had the guitar is stock I wouldn't have taken a deposit, you would have paid in full. There's no reason for a deposit on an in stock guitar. Your paypal receipt is your receipt. Your email from me the order is locked in, is your guarantee you have one. If you want all the email auto generated stuff you get from dealing with a "real store" then please be my guest and use them. I've been doing it this way for nearly 20 years and am not likely to change before I retire. I do deals on a handshake, I don't need everything in writing.

And no, the number of posts just means I answer way more questions on this board than anybody else.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Rich! That was perfect for the record - refusing to attempt good communication with your customers, taking money for something you didn't have or know when you would get, and without explaining the terms of sale. I'll leave my soapbox now, and forward this to Ibanez. Have a great day!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 03:22 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Thank you Rich! That was perfect for the record - refusing to attempt good communication with your customers, taking money for something you didn't have or know when you would get, and without explaining the terms of sale. I'll leave my soapbox now, and forward this to Ibanez. Have a great day!
So you take no ownership of buying something without knowing TERMS or the SELLER before making payment. Then after getting full refund without delay or hassle you come online to whine with threats to forward to CS reps (who surely will ROTF no matter how polite they answer)?

Hello?!!!?
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 03:24 PM
Vendor

Quote:
So thanks for explaining the ordeal you had to go thru?

And, who refused any communication? I'd have explained it until you didn't want to read any more. The timing of the order and the way things happened, some things just slip thru the cracks. Those are facts and I don't need a soapbox.

Every dealer takes deposits having zero idea when the product will be available as long as they know they have that product allocation. It's business 101. It's my job to get the answers to all customers questions as soon as I can, including ETA's, which I am still trying to get and will let everybody know as soon as I do. I would just have 1 less email to send but since I sold yours immediately I still have that email to send, to somebody else.

If UK is reporting June now I would expect US to be trailing into June also.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 03:30 PM

bluedot, sharing emails sent without knowing they would be published = not cool.

Vendors not knowing the exact date of delivery is very common. I put down a huge deposit on a car just knowing I'll be getting it between July and December. They dont know when, but they have production slot allocated in that period.

Yes, bad communications may make you crazy and angry, but I've learnt over the years that few people do that on purpose over extended period of time. My guess is that ibanezrules is not a lot of employees and you know it?
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Vendor

Everybody should know by now there is only me, there are no employees, so sh!t can't roll downhill. That just means, time for a shower!
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
FYI, I recommend Rich to my own clients when we aren't able to do something they want or when they are after parts and I am a competing dealer.

I have absolutely no problem admitting that Rich is THE best person you can buy an Ibanez from, period.

Just keep in mind he's a small business, not Guitar Center or Sweetwater with hundreds of employees.

Just go out and Google him, and you'll find 0 horror stories, which is VERY hard to do when you've been in business as long as he has.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 03:40 PM
Vendor

Thanks Stealth, and everybody, but these just get weird when they start turning "testimonial". If possible to keep this to JEM30th stuff, would be really nice. Although no doubt this is about the time a thread starts to go into 20 directions so, it's par for the board!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Thanks Stealth, and everybody, but these just get weird when they start turning "testimonial". If possible to keep this to JEM30th stuff, would be really nice. Although no doubt this is about the time a thread starts to go into 20 directions so, it's par for the board!
Rich is the absolute best. I don't care if he finds it weird. He has the most information. Integrity out the wazoo. Expert set up. I highly recommend him to anyone. When I first bought from him, I was like...I'm wary of buying a guitar sight unseen on the internet...it only took one time to feel fully confident and committed to buying guitars from him whenever I can.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode