Alaskabat, Where is my stuff? - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Sho

Alaskabat, Where is my stuff?

I paid you on November 4th for my RG 570. I know you had issues due to weather, then a back issue. You told me your neighbor shipped it out around November 21st, then they conveniently disappeared for a month and are still "missing". It's now December 25th without even a tracking number. You never even asked your neighbors for their contact info. Moreover, recently you continued to message other members of this forum and ignored me.

I just want to know where it is and if it's lost or not shipped. I want my money back if it's lost or not shipped.

I put in a claim against him just in case. I rather not get ripped off. I've seen another person here get ripped off. It was the same situation. The member was well known and respected. He had "issues" and disappeared. Unfortunately the guy that got ripped off couldn't do a claim. No issue should be an excuse. If you can't ship the item out, refund the buyer. If it gets lost, refund the buyer.

I could be spending time with my family right now with the little time off I have. However, I'm stuck writing this public call out.

Man up and admit you messed up. I have enough problems of my own. I don't need this added on top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 01:49 PM

Reviews: 10
Re: Alaskabat, Where is my stuff?

I understand that the situation must be frustrating for you but from what I understand he was deployed...if you are in the military and you get deployed then everything in your life is put on hold - including guitar deals... Rob does not seem like the kind of guy who is going to rip you off...he's done many deals with other people on here and I doubt that he is about to start ripping people off - I think you need empathize with his situation and just be patient, which is probably hard because I know you want your guitar but if he's been deployed then I think you have to be patient and understand the sacrifices that people in the military service make....btw - Is Christmas day really the right day to start off about this again?
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 02:28 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
I understand that the situation must be frustrating for you but from what I understand he was deployed...if you are in the military and you get deployed then everything in your life is put on hold - including guitar deals... Rob does not seem like the kind of guy who is going to rip you off...he's done many deals with other people on here and I doubt that he is about to start ripping people off - I think you need empathize with his situation and just be patient, which is probably hard because I know you want your guitar but if he's been deployed then I think you have to be patient and understand the sacrifices that people in the military service make....btw - Is Christmas day really the right day to start off about this again?
Well I would have to disagree with you here Brother, The man above has been waiting way to long for his guitar, hell to long for just the information on the guitar.
Rob may have been deployed, But he has been back and been in contact with another member he was having problems with, and that member now has his stuff.
As for it being Christmas, This guy should have had his Gift a while ago.....

To bad this call out thread had to be done, could have been avoided with contact.
post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Sho

He was deployed long after I paid for the item. He had some issues, which I totaly empathetic for. However, it's been almost two months since the purchase. I don't even have a tracking number. Moreover, he's now ignoring me. I gave my phone number so he can text me, if he's having such a hard time emailing. He never did take advantage of my phone number. He has no idea where his neighbors are. This all seem all too convient to me. I can't even tell if it's a post office issue, I don't have the tracking number. If you trust your friends, they better follow through. If they don't, you're at fault for putting trust in them.

This is copied from google wallet
Order date: Nov 4, 2011 4:14 PM PDT

Not yet shipped 1Payment request from MrScaryGuitars - Ibanez RG-570

He had previous transactions, yes. However, most were buys or trades. He also has negative feedback. I can't see the reasons though.

http://www.bonanza.com/users/1297194/user_feedbacks

On jemsite he has 2 sells and 7 trades rest were buys.

As for posting on Christmas day, I get one day off a week. Today is that day off.

I just want to know what's going on with my guitar. If it's MIA or not shipped just give me my money back. He should of gave my money back at the end November. I appreciate the extras he put in. However, the more the days roll by with no info the less appealing it's becoming.

I have no fully functional guitar at the moment. They need to be fixed up and there is only one known luthier in this ****ty town. He has other stuff he needs to do. This guitar was suppose to be the tie over and an extra untill I can fix my other guitars. My motivation to play is dropping due to not being able to play. I haven't played seriously in 10 years and want to get back into it.
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 04:01 PM

No need for excuses, you are entitled to what you paid for. I said before he may be a lot of things but i do not believe he's a scam artist. He also was not here for the longest time, which is nice, yet unusual. I am sure you will get your stuff or your money back.

After all he is a senior reviewer . Hang in one or 2 more days.

Afterthought, maybe contact 6fingers. He and AB have late night chats and sleepovers and all sorts of other manly stuff. He may have a phone # he can contact him with.
Also RGTFanatic may have a phone #.

Last edited by dragsternj; 12-25-2011 at 04:22 PM.
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Sho

I have his phone number. I find it harasment to phone/text with out permission for myself. So I treat other people the same way. I gave him mine and didn't even use it. I opened this public thread as a shout out. He has untill the 27th and I'm further escalating the claim. Try to keep any hate away from this thread. I don't want it to become flame bait.

I know he's back, because he logged into jemsite. Unless he lied about not being able to log in while he's deployed. It's pissing me off that he's messaging others and ignoring me. That's telling me he's avoiding me, because something messed up big.

He also doesn't seem all to concerned about the $200 pedal he tossed in.

Last edited by Sho; 12-25-2011 at 05:11 PM.
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 05:28 PM

One thing I was told in the past is that Jemsite is his default homepage and sometimes his wife uses the internet so it may appear he is online but really isn't.

I would recommend calling him instead of posting here. Seems likely to get more attention if you actually call him then posting on a forum with hopes he sees it.

Just a thought.
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius View Post

I would recommend calling him instead of posting here. Seems likely to get more attention if you actually call him then posting on a forum with hopes he sees it.

Just a thought.

+1 on this one
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Sho

It goes against what I believe in. I just have my cell phone and it's like 1.00 a min for calls to the states. I can text him but I don't know if the number I have is his cell phone or land line.
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 06:22 PM

I guess I am confused why you would post public bashing of him when you could just call him. Yeah ok, it is $1 a minute. I agree that is a lot but it might be worth a $5 phone call to have some answers. Is your getting your stuff or money back not worth a $5 phone call?

Hope you get some resolution soon.
post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 06:28 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius View Post
I guess I am confused why you would post public bashing of him when you could just call him. Yeah ok, it is $1 a minute. I agree that is a lot but it might be worth a $5 phone call to have some answers. Is your getting your stuff or money back not worth a $5 phone call?

Hope you get some resolution soon.
Well I for one am glad he posted it here, How else are we suppose to know who to trust and not to?
Bat now has a platform to come in here and clear his name.
But To not post it could get somelse in the same position.
I'm confused, where does he bash alaskabat? All I have seen is people defending bat, not saying he does not deserve it, but at the same time, I'm glad sho posted this.
post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Sho

Apparently I'm being too harsh. It's been 2 months of course I'm peeved. The longer he ignored me the more irritated I got. He indirectly said the neighbors are still missing. Are they dead or alive? Why hasn't he filed a missing persons report.
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 06:53 PM

no you are not. Its all good man. Lets see what happens
post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 12:40 AM

Reviews: 2

Sorry I missed this earlier. If it helps, I'll call Rob in the A.M.

I can say that I've been worried about his whereabouts for over a month now. You all know the two of us are friends and yeah, we have sleepovers, make smores, and giggle about girls all night long.........wanna make something of it?
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
we have sleepovers, make smores, and giggle about girls all night long.........wanna make something of it?
Closed Thread

Tags
alaskabat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode