ALERT! FRAUDULENT TRADER MARSA! PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE. I MAY BE WRONG! - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

ALERT! FRAUDULENT TRADER MARSA! PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE. I MAY BE WRONG!

Hey guys.

I have just bought an LNG from Marsa... guy named Peter Larm on paypal however Peter Anders by email. Email address [email protected]

I messaged him for any guitars he had and said he had an lng so I paid by paypal and saw pictures on a "private album" on photobucket which had a series of photos. He wanted 3100 CAD which I paid.

He says he will mail the guitar first thing and then instantly i get suspicious one because price is semi reasonable and is in mint condition. Number 232 apparently and then i check em out and it seems ok and then something hits me after he says he wasnt able to mail it until the next day. My funds have been clear for 24 hours. He said he had to stay on a small emergency at the office which sounds like the excuse a husband would make cheating on his wife.

Then i decide to dig on google images. and found this:

Here is the link to his photo which is this and note the background to the right of the case: This is the one he says is his:

and this is the one on gilaguitars.com and is number 223. Note the same graphic.. however were some of them the same graphic? I didnt ask for a photo of the guitar prior to be put in front of something silly of my choosing e.g. having a photo in front of a blender or something holding the guitar. This would be the first time I have encountered any fraud on jemsite.

If I am wrong and everything proves to be all good, then apologies and ignore this and my detective work is too good whilst misleading. But if not then paypal funds are already held and transaction proof is being forwarded to be used as this as agreed along with screen shots of all messages. Funds already held for security.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Re: ALERT! FRAUDULENT TRADER MARSA! PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE. I MAY BE WRONG!

The one Peter Larm/Peter Anders says is his:

The one on gilaguitars.com

post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Vendor

I'm not sure how he managed to transpose the numbers, although the "ink"on 232 is very rough, you cannot change the fact they are the same guitar. Look at the paper on the jack cover and the plastic on the trem cover, they're identical. Conclusion, it's a con.
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Rich did you take a look at the slideshow?
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

http://s1326.beta.photobucket.com/us...a62a6.pbw.html
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Vendor

What slideshow? Although unnecessary, as I said, compare the paper on the jack cover, no 2 would ever have exactly the same defects, or the wrinkles on the trem cover. They're the sme guitar, background in the shot and all.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Vendor

Ooops, this is the classifieds, should be in Vendors / resellers [I guess]
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Vendor

They're not the same guitars, the back picture is Brett's photoshopped to change the number. Anybody that would do that is a con, there is no reason if he had the guitar he would have to photoshop somebody elses picture. Immediately file a claim, if you have to open dispute first then do it but immediately escalate to a claim.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Just called DHL who say that they have no information with my postal code. There is no shipment from Ottawa either incoming to the UK whatsoever. 1-905-861-3687

*MODS* Please do me a favour and do not delete this for now as It will be necessary for paypal to reverse my funds back to my bank account and back from the verified paypal address of the seller and theyll wanna know site origin etc*
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

I found the exact gallery. Look at the second LNG in this gallery

http://www.gilaguitars.com/guitargallery/
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 08:35 PM

Reviews: 11

Dayum. Being had is a scary thing. I only deal in country-make sure I can find them on Facebook-talk to them as much as possible before pulling the trigger. I'd rather miss out on a good deal by being too cautious than lose alot Of money on a fake deal such as this. Always do your research and due diligence.
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 08:37 PM

How did you even come across this deal anyways?
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

I contacted the guy directly and asked him if he had anything else and he said he has an lng only. So we messaged and then he seemed genuine in the info he gave until today in the morning something didn't feel right and I just knew half way when i got no email with a track number .... he said he stayed late which nobody ever does in an office in Canada. Ha... But seriously... this sucks.
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Vendor

If you paid 2 days ago as your post implies

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=18

the funds are still with Paypal, which why it's important to file a claim immediately.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 08:53 PM

I'm still confused, how'd you get in contact with this guy initially? I always ask for specific, weird shots of the guitar to verify that they actually have it. When I sell, I normally put a piece of paper saying bryancap77 on the guitar to verify I have it.

Tags
jem777lng alert

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode