Anti-Fraud Thread: verify a guitar, seller, fakes - Page 8 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 09:05 AM

re: Anti-Fraud Thread: verify a guitar, seller, fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotfish View Post
Didn't this guy just rip off some people here with this neck and body?

VS

Swirl Jem Body + Neck FS
So after a lot of work I managed to get my money back through paypal!!!
I'm super happy with the outcome and thanks to everyone who helped me!

Just a quick note - the guy selling this gear on **** is genuine so far as I can see and I do not believe he is the same guy who scammed me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 01:07 PM

Sooo, this is news to me.
I wasn't aware of the fake JEM issue.
I have decided to sell my guitar, and received a question asking me if it was an authentic Ibanez? I thought the guy was being a smart alec, until I came here and now I see why he asked.

The auction ends in a day and a half, and I want to be sure I'm selling the real deal. I bought it used in Sep of '03 off of the 'Bay, and according to the internet, the serial number F0010XXX says it was made in the Fujigen factory.

Am I selling a real one? Are there key things to look for?

Just in case the mods feel that I am advertising my guitar, it is not my intention, and if this is a violation of rules, please delete this post and accept my apology.
post #108 of 113 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 01:17 PM

I'm interested in this:
Real or fake?
http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/msg/1349775061.html
Any thing to look for to differentiate real from fake would be appreciated.
post #109 of 113 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 01:28 PM

Reviews: 10

real deal...
post #110 of 113 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 09:28 PM

150399354754 on .ca

Not sure, the knobs are wrong, and it doesn't say anywhere that they were replaced. Looks real though. Maybe just a real good copy.
post #111 of 113 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 02:08 AM

Hey I'm looking to aquire an authentic used Ibanez Jem 7V WH but it's hard to weed out the fakes other than from the placement of the monkey grip. I have two separate guitars in question on the 3bay and there listing numbers are 370311451566 and 140370522688 . Thanks for the help it's much appreciated.

B.
post #112 of 113 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 04:37 PM

What is this?

What is this?

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/msg/1543279447.html

Guy says he's been on Jemsite to research his guitar. I don't know enough to identify this but my gut tells me this is fishy. I've never seen a mark like that on an Ibanez neck. Saved the text below.

"AS long as you see this listing the guitar is still for sale,Thanks -Ibanez swirl guitar with dated F315322 serial number wizard neck (1993) Fujen Plant swirl monkey grip body with floyd rose trem dimarzio and humbuckers ,this guitar plays itself practically /According the markings inside of neck actually came from pa plant first,It has been setup by a guitar luthier and is a awsome work axe and so cool looking exspecially under the lights,Not much ya cant play on this thing all the way the to the end of the last fret and then sum with the up or down whammy style action/You wont find many guitars that will sound or play as good as this one,come check it out and play it yourself ,comes with ibanez hard case and trem bar/thanks trades considered maybe/Located 20 min from wilson///NEW INFORMATION STATES THE WALRJ-24 MARKING ON NECK STAES FROM JEMSITE THIS INFORMATION--WALRJ-T24 what RG neck is this -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Doing a yahoo search says it is a American made model likely made in the Bensalem PA shop and was a RG750 or up neck. WALRJ-T24 = Wizard(Profile) Angled(Headstock) Locking(Nut) Rosewood(Fretboard) Jumbo(Frets)- Teeth(Inlays, every neck I've seen with the T has the Sharkteeth) 24(Number of frets)Also doing a jemsite question and answer i was informed that in the early 90s you could go to the pa shop and buy neck body pickups etc and put together a guitar that looked and performed as a jem and this is probaly one of those guitars.As you will see the neck has a fuji serial number but no japan stamping under serial which means it never went to the Fuji plant/ "

Last edited by Hikey Mikey; 01-08-2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: added text from ad
post #113 of 113 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Vendor

There was no such thing as a Bensalem plant. Japanese parts assembled and finished in America. The swirl is definitely not original, and the monkey grip was no doubt added before it was swirled.
Closed Thread

Tags
body shape , cottam guitars , fire garden , guitar shop , jem vwh , locking nut , neck bolts , trem block , truss rod , truss rod cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode