Anyone heard from EKG lately? - Page 2 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 10:13 PM

Re: Anyone heard from EKG lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
yeah my may 2005 order still hasnt been completed... I think its money down the toilet now... very disappointed

Steve
What a complete ****er.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 05:47 PM

well, i've tried emailing eddie 4 times since my last post with no replies. guess it's time to start putting some pressure on him. imo, this is now a criminal matter.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 04:34 AM

got an email from eddie:

Hi Gregory,

I feel terrible and must apologize. This was never my intention to "take the money and run". Some issues occurred to me this year (personal and health) that have limited me and has put EKG on hold. Once these issues are resolved, I will try and get going again. I have invested too much money, time and effort into the CNC, models and prototyping.

I will gladly refund you 100% and return all parts. I am refunding all projects.

Again, I am so sorry. Undoubtedly, this has damaged my reputation, so it will take a lot to climb back up that mountain.

Please let me know how you would like the money and address for returning parts.

Sorry, sorry, Gregory,
Eddie

i feel bad that he's had some personal and health issues and i hope he gets better and gets his business back on track. if the refund and return of parts go well, i would be open to working with him again in the future...as long as he definitely has everything ready to go.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 03:01 PM
dex

Eddie had a very demanding job that kept him busy 60+ hours weekly so the guitar building was just a hobby for him which is why he took few orders and still took months to complete them.

Great news that you got your stuff back.
Will have to see if Devo has heard from him.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 02:38 PM

Reviews: 5

Is he back ? Because he is very close to me and would love to have him do some work for me.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
Is he back ? Because he is very close to me and would love to have him do some work for me.
i don't think he is taking any work. the issue is that his cnc programming is still not complete and he has little time to work on it. as his email above stated, he's refunding everyone who has outstanding projects.

i haven't received anything yet, but it's only been a week.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 12:48 PM

Reviews: 5

That sucks - I guess I will have to look on.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 02:06 PM

OK! final update. eddie is indeed a stand up guy, although the lack of communication was nerve-wracking. to recap the situation, i ordered a swamp ash rg body back in january 06 for $450. eddie communicated with me intermittently throughout, and at times there were months and months with absolutely no reply to emails. back in 2007, he did finally reply and said he had acquired a cnc machine and was in the process of programming it. once the programming was done, he would be able to ramp up his production (similar to what chris woods is doing now). unfortunately, this has yet to come to fruition and it didn't take long before the communication became non-existant. by the beginning of this year, i had nearly completely lost hope of seeing my money or the parts (i sent him a neck and humbuckers to assemble the guitar) again.

but eddie is a genuine stand up guy and he did finally email me with a heartfelt apology. he has had some medical issues and his day job that have prevented him from realizing his cnc programming and he offered to refund me and return my parts. i was ecstatic...but that was in january. there were a couple more months of no communication before he did finally come through and refund me. i received the neck and pickups back today, in the same condition i sent them to him. so although it took a long time, he did stay true to his word.

i hope things work out well for eddie in the future. he is still committed to getting his cnc up and running because at this point, he's invested a lot into the machine. i would love to see him up in running before the end of the year. but the communication has to improve if he truly wants to keep customers. i feel that i am more empathic than most and i was nearly driven to the point of contacting law enforcement (it had been 2 years!). still, i wish him the best.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Ahh... I just missed the three year anniversary of my order.. no word from the man himself (though in fairness this is partially my fault as I havent tried to contact him for 6 months or more... my last emails just bounced so I dont have a working email address to send anything to).

Anyone got any news... or some more recent contact details for me

Tags
chris woods , swamp ash , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode