Beware!! Jemsiter RGTFanatic is a fraud - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Beware!! Jemsiter RGTFanatic is a fraud

So what's the story?

I bought a Ibanez neck from Eryc Marshall ( RGTFanatic ).

He said the shipping costs would be $ 125,- for USPS groundshipping.

I paid the guy promptly. Eryc finds out the actual shipping costs are $ 35,- so he e-mails me and said he would pay me the overpaid money back, but he was low on cash. Fine by me.

The neck arrives just fine and is in good order. I e-mail him when he pays back the overpaid shipping costs.

No reponse for a couple of days. I do see him posting @ jemsite, so i PM him a reminder.

Eryc answers and says at the 29th of march he will pay me back at friday because he spended all of his money. I PM-ed him back no problem.

So after a couple of reminder PM's and e-mails via Paypal the guy doesn't answer anything. Yet still finds time to post daily at Jemsite.

Beware my fellow jemsiters. The guy can't be trusted. Actions speak louder than words.

Regards,

Sam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 03:06 PM

Re: Beware!! Jemsiter RGTFanatic is a fraud

Hopefully it all works out. Both of you are long time Jemsiters and it sucks to have animosity like that happen. He did send you the neck in good shape so it's not like he's completely untrustworthy. Obviously, it's out in public now so give him a chance to respond here.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 03:26 PM

hope everything goes well for you both.
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosa View Post
So what's the story?

I bought a Ibanez neck from Eryc Marshall ( RGTFanatic ).

I paid the guy promptly. Eryc finds out the actual shipping costs are $ 35,- so he e-mails me and said he would pay me the overpaid money back, but he was low on cash. Fine by me.

The neck arrives just fine and is in good order. I e-mail him when he pays back the overpaid shipping costs.

No reponse for a couple of days. I do see him posting @ jemsite, so i PM him a reminder.

Eryc answers and says at the 29th of march he will pay me back at friday because he spended all of his money. I PM-ed him back no problem.

So after a couple of reminder PM's and e-mails via Paypal the guy doesn't answer anything. Yet still finds time to post daily at Jemsite.

Beware my fellow jemsiters. The guy can't be trusted. Actions speak louder than words.

Regards,

Sam.
This doesn't make the other member a "Fraud" just non-communicative and perhaps embarrassed. Please refrain from showboating like this a post with a less inflamatory title and content would be more appropriate.

Whilst the JEMsite staff aren't here to settle disputes over the classifed adds, I would hope that a more mature attitude could be taken to the resolution of matters such as these.

Hopefully Ryc will respond shortly.

RGTFanatic,
jono is online  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

I agree with Jack! Ryc sent the neck, it arrived as described, and was honest about the shipping charge. Not only that, he was honest that he didn't have the funds to reimbunrse extra shipping yet. In light of the PMs--his inbox may be full. I'm in constant contact with him, and I haven't received replies to some. Ryc is one of the most trustworthy dudes I know, so I'm sure he'll take care of it.

post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 03:47 PM

Reviews: 69

Sam (Brosa), I just noticed that you had left Ryc positive feedback for a previous transaction. Just because you are having trouble resolving a shipping discrepancy after you received an item (that you are actually satisfied with) does not make RGTFanatic a fraud, especially after a previously good experience. Show a little respect.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

I've send several e-mails, PM's and paypal request over three weeks without ANY response. Yet, he posts daily at jemsite. Come on people...

Please, let's stay with the facts.

You all can imagine i am really angry and dissapointed about his.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosa View Post
I've send several e-mails, PM's and paypal request over three weeks without ANY response. Yet, he posts daily at jemsite. Come on people...

Please, let's stay with the facts.

You all can imagine i am really angry and dissapointed about his.
$90 in three weeks that he was honest enough to come clean about and didn't really need to fefund to you in the first place. There's a fact for you. I can understand your dissappoinment, but really, your post is an overreaction.
jono is online  
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 04:17 PM

Calm down Sam , Ryk is a good guy . All will turn out well
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 04:21 PM
site founder 0% owner

Terrible thread title.

Quote:
I paid the guy promptly. Eryc finds out the actual shipping costs are $ 35,- so he e-mails me and said he would pay me the overpaid money back, but he was low on cash.
You agreed to and paid $125 shipping.

While getting a refund for less than anticipated cost would be a nice bonus it's not fraudulent or anything to have it take more than 3 weeks. I have ~100 credit with tmobile for 5 months now (since service cancelled) and get a monthly statement showing credit that i can't get cashback on (yet). I'm not calling the FBI or acting childish about it... glen
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 04:52 PM

There are always three aspects to a story.. Your, Theirs, and the actual truth. I dont think anyone of us Jemsiters are rushing to a conclusion. If the part of Brosas story where RGTFanatic said that he would pay him by March 29th is "true".. Since its April 13th and no payment? well that could be viewed as fraudulent. So i understand why he is irate. I see Moderators and administrators and contributors coming to RGTFanatic's defense so i figure he ain't (im not from Texas lol) all that bad and it might be just lack of communication on RGTFanatics behalf. I think everyone else will view it the same way.
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 04:57 PM

Sam

i had no dealings with him but he seems to be an okay guy. Always sucks though if you see someone post and not answering PM's. I would not know what the appropriate post should look like in a situation like this, but would like to remind others that Brosa is from Holland and english is not his first language and as i know first hand from me, sometimes things come out way harsher than intended. Pretty sure you guys will work it out, i would not be too concerned.

best of luck
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgabriel713 View Post
If the part of Brosas story where RGTFanatic said that he would pay him by March 29th is "true".. Since its April 13th and no payment? well that could be viewed as fraudulent.
BUNK! How is that fraud?!?!? Ryc didn't even have to tell him that shipping was actually lower than the paid amount, let alone refund it. He did the respectable thing by being honest about it, and then letting Brosa know he couldn't refund it right away.
Fraud would have been to not send the neck at all.

Fraud   
–noun
1. deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.

None of the definition of fraud is evident in this transaction.

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 06:04 PM

Don't you think it's deceit to claim the shipping cost will be $90 more than it really is? If the cost was truly verified, the amount would be right. If someone needed slightly more money than they would get from a sale, that would be a fast way to get money to pay a bill. I'm not saying this happened, but it's not far fetched. It's always easier to come clean and say when the money can be paid back (according to the agreement) than to stall it with silence. Most people understand.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 06:11 PM

Reviews: 4

ROFL! Ryc is a good dude. stuff happens. period.

/thread
Closed Thread

Tags
fraude , rgtfanatic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode