Builder Roundup (ET Guitars - Jaden - Woods) - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Builder Roundup (ET Guitars - Jaden - Woods)

Expect no more pics for some times, i am very busy so i do what i can

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's my experience with Christopher woods,Jaden rose and Et Guitars, hope it helps.Consideration are made by my liuther, that is a professional liuther with 27 years of experience and appreciated works.

Jaden Rose:

Neck, maple+rosewood,5pcs. Pauferro fretboard full scallopped.

The neck was shipped after two weeks, damn fast. he kept sending me pics of the works. It was perfectly boxed, good pricing.It plays awesomely, strongly raccomanded.

Downsides: some fret adjustments (two, and i was said that is perfectly common). Second, the scallops are weaker in the middle let's say, with a lot of imagination that the shape is "DIC" where D and C are the holes, and I the Fret. I promise pictures in the future. Again, i was said that is the common program for cnc, that moves in circle instead straight. The problem comes out when you re-fret the board and "crack" The wood.

Would i buy something from him again? Yes, 100%

Et Guitars:

Body of Jem in picture, mahogany+ash, lightning finish. Great sound, compact full and rich. It took time,good package.Ernie is VERY clever, knows a lot and gives really good suggestions. He took me to the right way, i use to say he understood me better than.. me! He's indeed my best

Downsides: None.Maybe one.. Ernie update your gallery, you do great things!

Would i buy something from him again? Yes, 100%

Christopher woods.

Neck in picture, maple+bubinga, 3pcs,holoflek inlay, green leds.It's a pleasure to play on it, it reminds me the feelings i have playing music man's instruments

Downsides: the neck looks a bit on "waves", needs to be totally re-fretted. Very long time of delivery,bad comunication.

About him i wish to say something. There's a lot of flame around him: bad works,disappeared and so.. What i can only say,is that he gave me a beautiful neck. It has A LOT of features, is gorgeous to see and a pleasure to play. Since is something custom, i can accept redoing frets. I am sure he improved or he will, becouse he puts a lot of passion on his works

Would i buy something from him again? Yes, 60%, if i have all that time to wait.

The guitar in the pictures has BareKnuckle picups, Miracle Man plus trilogy middle, i love it. It's a perfect metal-sided guitar,or i could say my "comfortable" Les paul. Kinda same sound, with the plus of "strato-type". Started in Dec 2007, finished in Jen 2011. Also my Liuther was VERY loong to finish the job, he took almost one year.Time is something i dont complain, the three of them gave me a beautiful instrument with a sound i love and it will end being my main guitar.

So i ended up modifying my original jem with Miracle man (bridge) Trilogy (middle) Nailbomb (neck) setup, that is a gorgeous rock guitar with a huge soul. Changing pickups took life to it, thanks again ernie!

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 06:11 PM

Re: Builder Roundup (ET Guitars - Jaden - Woods)

Alessandro, its nice to see the guitar finished. Looks really cool !

Thanks for the kind words. You did give me a very good and detailed description of what you wanted, so it wasn't so difficult to work out what to suggest for construction and pickups etc.

All the best and thanks for posting.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 06:13 PM

Oh, and you are right I should update the website... actually I have a new site going online soon, thats why I have not bothered to update for a while.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Mahogany+Ash is a killer combo, truly
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 12:37 PM

Im anxiously awaiting my second build from ET. This one he is doing the neck the body and the paint for.

Tags
jem custom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode