Carbon Fiber Solid Body Electric! - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Carbon Fiber Solid Body Electric!

Hey guys & gals,

I thought I was new here, but apparently I had already registered sometime in the past... DOPE!

Just wanted to share this project with you. It is a carbon fiber composite body I've built based on an Ibanez RG. Not my Jem 7VWH, because the body has to be sacrificed to make the molds. That would be a sin.

My first few models are based on the RGR 421EX string through to maximize the properties of carbon fiber.

Here are some links to the build and the results so far:

http://twitmusic.com/carbonconcepts/...r-guitar-build

Some of my previous work and more of the CF build:

http://twitmusic.com/carbonconcepts/...ast-present--2

and my blog:

http://carbonconcepts.net/carbon-fiber-blog.html (please feel free to comment)

I've had it assembled and been playing it for about 6 weeks. It is so light and has wicked sustain.

I have now torn down the guitar to make a few mods and should have new pics up in 1-2 weeks.

I decided against the crackle finish on the sides & will go back to black.

I hate to sell my first prototype, but must to get the next one going.

This has the original OEM wizard 5 neck, emg design pups and all the Ibanez OEM hardware.

Does $599 seem like a fair price for this one of a kind guitar?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 11:28 AM

Reviews: 37
Re: Carbon Fiber Solid Body Electric!

a jem body can be had from mai guitars for 120.00
also try carbon wings and use the wood middle for the neck pickups and trem and paint that part black.

unless you can doe the trem cavity with carbon fiber.
you should as ibanez makes an acrylic guitar.

i would like to see a full jem body in carbon id pay 500.00 just for the body.( with trem studs glued in of course).
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsfury View Post
a jem body can be had from mai guitars for 120.00
also try carbon wings and use the wood middle for the neck pickups and trem and paint that part black.

unless you can doe the trem cavity with carbon fiber.
you should as ibanez makes an acrylic guitar.

i would like to see a full jem body in carbon id pay 500.00 just for the body.( with trem studs glued in of course).
Thanks for your interest.

Using a wood mount would negate the superior tonal properties of the CF. The monkey grip & lion's claw add a level of complexity that, currently, render it non cost effective.

Hopefully a Jem will be feasible down the road. It depends on the success of the earlier models.

Thanks
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 04:04 PM

Hi, to sell your wares on here you must become an official vendor. Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the page to inquire as to how to do so. I will close this thread until you become official. Please do not open new threads until you have addressed this issue. Thanks.

Have questions? Use the contact us link at the bottom of the page.
Closed Thread

Tags
carbon fiber guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode