Christopher Woods? - Page 104 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1546 of 1552 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 10:06 PM

Re: Christopher Woods?

Thanks DaniJEM.

It has seriously been hell. I'm not asking for anything extra. I'm not asking for compensation for lost interest rates or exchange rates. I'm from Malaysia and I paid 2-3 months the average ****ing salary here in Malaysia to Chris to build this guitar, k, so you can understand my anger at being ripped off. You try have 3 months gross pay ripped off and waiting like an idiot WITHOUT a guitar for two years when you were told your order would be done in like 6 months.

After two years of borrowing guitars from one friend to the next, I finally started putting together cheap as SX stratocaster copy and I still use to this day. Love it v much! It's now my main and only guitar. It's this model http://www.chibimike.com/Images/ash/...Image00011.jpg.

I put in H-S-H Suhr pickups, gold Wilkinson VS100 bridge, black Sperzels, a killswitch, quilted maple pickguard, and black TUSQ nut. Plays like a dream!! Wish I did this in the first place instead of going thru all tht hell with CW. I guess we live, we learn.. Learn that not all conman are Nigerian Princes hahahaha...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1547 of 1552 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 10:57 PM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/?saved=1

The link above is to pictures of my guitar. I wrote the Chinese characters myself. Nice medium sized n comfortable neck. Some models have v chunky necks, which I myself prefer because it has better tone to my ears and more comfortable for me to grip, but when I bought mine, it has already been out of circulation of 3-4 years. I got mine old, new stock because nobody wanted this model, but I saw the potential in it.

I got the guitar itself for like US$150 or so only. With all the mods included (H-S-H Suhr pickups, gold Wilkinson VS100 bridge, black Sperzels, a killswitch, quilted maple pickguard, push-pull pot for series and parallel and odd pickup and tone combination, Master selector, and black TUSQ nut), it cost me like US$850 only.
post #1548 of 1552 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 09:51 AM

As an update...

Chris responded to my quote request the next day... so it took him less than 24hrs. He said that he currently has 20 guitar orders ahead of any new ones that come in, and my wait would be 6-10 months. He said that he completes 2-3 guitars per month.

The price he quoted was very reasonable (to me).

Regardless, I think I've read enough here to not proceed with this. It's unfortunate. I really like the stuff I'm seeing on his site.

Last edited by webmaestro; 04-13-2012 at 10:30 AM.
post #1549 of 1552 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 10:57 AM

WebMaestro,

Your story is the exact parallel of mine. He was most polite and fast to respond when I first asked for a quote. Within 24 hours just like you, and mind you, I'm 12 hours ahead of u guys. After I sent the money, replies are few and far between, if any. And here's the kicker. My other fren also sent him a quote. And within 24 hrs he responded as well, WHILST IGNORING MY EMAIL SENT ROUND THE SAME TIME. So clearly he is selective bout who he responds to. Esp when its fresh meat.

He also quoted bout round your price range. Reasonable. That's how he gets you to proceed. As to the quality of his work, seriously, don't be fooled by what you see on his site. Just read this thread n see just how many are dissatisfied with his work. Don't take my word for it. Just go read, dude. Many problems. Event silly basic mistakes like wrong wood used, inlay not aligned properly, frets are messed up, etc, etc.

He did post a picture a few years back saying that it was my guitar neck, work in progress. It wasn't. I asked for a Parker style, rosewood fretboard neck. The picture was an Ibanez maple a neck. I told him, and he claims it was an innocent mistake. Then he tells me that he can't refund me because he has already acquired the wood for my neck, neck is half done, he has to find a new buyer, etc. But he has yet to produce evn one picture of my alleged, half-done neck, which is his key excuse in delaying my refund. You be the judge.

Don't proceed. I don't care if he decides to go back on his word n not pay me back my money. I'm going to keep spreading the good word to save as many as possible from making the same stupid mistake that I made.

Last edited by Pele; 04-13-2012 at 11:04 AM.
post #1550 of 1552 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 03:56 PM

Thumbs down Re: Christopher Woods?

Christopher Woods is a con artist!
I ordered a guitar from this mother****er 5 years ago, still no guitar, still no money back!

He is a ****ing thief, thatīs what he is.. he always hardly ever replied. And when I finally got a hold of him and asked him to at least send me the material, and stuff that I already paid, he refused and after that he never replied to any of my emails. I found a lot of people on the internet that he treated the same way.... I also filed a Police Report against him in Chattanooga County, where he lives...
post #1551 of 1552 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 04:19 PM

Reviews: 1

I had a 1-off deal with him over the summer, but it wasn't that dramatic. I had a strat I was going to have him build a multi laminate neck for me, we discussed the dimensions and specs, he quoted me a price, I put down half and he was supposed to have it done in about 5 weeks. I got bored waiting and told him I was actively seeking to sell if he didn't complete the job. I ended up selling the guitar and he ultimately refunded my money with no real hassles. I wish I understood why there is so much disparity between each person's experience with him. I've always had good luck in my dealings.
post #1552 of 1552 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 10:40 PM

CWC will make you a JEM you will never know its fake,he has even built one for steve himself but the coloring was more from Vai's earlier years but you will NEVER know even side by side..

Tags
abalone binding , alder bodies , alder body , baritone guitar , beautiful guitar , black pickguard , bobbin toppers , body shape , bubinga neck , cavity cover , chris woods , christopher woods , chrome hardware , clear coat , coil tap , control knobs , cottam guitars , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom jem , custom shop , custom shop guitar , double neck , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony neck , ekg guitars , fixed bridge , flame maple , flamed maple , fret board , fret level , fret neck , fret wire , gmc swirl , guitar body , guitar collection , guitar tech , headstock shape , herc fede , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez models , ibanez neck , jackson kelly , jem neck , jim donahue , killer guitar , les paul , lgm guitars , local luthier , local music store , locking nut , locking trems , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , monkey grip , music store , neck finish , neck joint , neck thru , pickup cavities , pickup installation , playing guitar , prestige necks , pro tremolo , production model , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , randy rhoads , reverse headstock , rikk beatty , root beer jem , sam ash , scalloped neck , scarf joint , seymour duncan , sharktooth inlay , sims custom , sims custom shop , standard jem , steel frets , strat body , string bass , swamp ash , swamp ash body , tremolo cavity , truss rod , tung oil , warmoth strat , yngwie strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode