Christopher Woods? - Page 3 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 1552 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 01:21 AM

Re: Christopher Woods?

Check out his custom shop, under "Artists" and look at "Simon Persson"

Thats my custom neck with LED's that i had him CNC my custom inlay for me..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1552 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 10:55 AM

The thing is, in my particular situation, is that he's got my neck. It's an Ibanez 7620 neck that I provided because he asked for it; to insure that the cavities were all perfect and so on. It's not one he made for me. AND HE WON'T SEND IT BACK. How hard is it to put in a box and ship? That's all the effort it would take. I've been waiting months, and obviously can't play the damned guitar without the neck!
I guess I need to get a lawyer and at least threaten to sue, or I'll never see it again.

jim
post #33 of 1552 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 11:28 AM
Banned

I've been wanting to get some inlay work done by him, but I'm not sure now. His pictures look nice, but I don't want to pay for something then have to wait forever to get it. Any suggestions on who else does good vines and pyramid inlay in the USA?
post #34 of 1552 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS
I've been wanting to get some inlay work done by him, but I'm not sure now. His pictures look nice, but I don't want to pay for something then have to wait forever to get it. Any suggestions on who else does good vines and pyramid inlay in the USA?
GMW? Then there is LGM (in Canada though) .

Regards

André

post #35 of 1552 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 02:45 PM
INACTIVE USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS
Perhaps on monsterguitarshop? (http://www.monsterguitarshop.com/inlays.htm)
I have placed an order there about four weeks ago for an Universe body and neck. What i can tell from the pics it looks pretty good CNC job!
post #36 of 1552 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by et6666
His work is fairly good, especially for the price. The inlays and led work are really well done. There was some minor "attention to detail" things with frets, like fret-ends not filed properly and some frets not seated in properly, the heel was 1-2mm too thick, and the holes for locking nut were out by ~1mm. I was able to tidy these up myself without too much trouble. I told him about these minor gripes and I was impressed with his response and commitment to improve on the detail. His equipment is getting better too and I expect so will his overall workmanship.
Those 'details' are in the category 'difficult to fix' if you're not a luthier or experienced in fretwork.
What you have is an unplayable and uninstallable neck that needs some serious work. Frets that are not properly seated could easally mean that you need to do a complete fret level job.

Those holes for the nut, were they rear drilled? To which direction were they off centre?

J
post #37 of 1552 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jempy(HoTrOd)
Perhaps on monsterguitarshop? (http://www.monsterguitarshop.com/inlays.htm)
I have placed an order there about four weeks ago for an Universe body and neck. What i can tell from the pics it looks pretty good CNC job!
When you get your neck post pics .

Regards

André

post #38 of 1552 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 02:10 PM

Hmmm????!

I was considering getting a neck and body (RG7 style)from Chris but after reading this i think i'll be giving him a wide berth.

Jim!
That's a nightmare story man.
I think you must have great self-control because i certainly don't in those type of situations.
We all know custom work can be a little un-predictable as far as delivery times go but what he's done with your order is just plain irresponsible.

Hope it works itself out for you soon Jim.
post #39 of 1552 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 12:31 PM
INACTIVE USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
When you get your neck post pics .

Regards

André
You betcha! The plan is to make a custom Universe MC. The swirl is going to be white, light and darker blue, pink and black. I hope the neck will turn out to be good.

On topic: I e-mailed christopher for a quote on a standard Ibanez Universe body and neck and got a quick reply with the 6-8 weeks date.
I already followed his site for more than three months, so i could tell he had a huge delay in delevering his goods and word...

When i got my body and neck from GuitarMonsterShop i will make a new thread with pics for your viewing pleasure
post #40 of 1552 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jempy(HoTrOd)
You betcha! The plan is to make a custom Universe MC. The swirl is going to be white, light and darker blue, pink and black. I hope the neck will turn out to be good.

On topic: I e-mailed christopher for a quote on a standard Ibanez Universe body and neck and got a quick reply with the 6-8 weeks date.
I already followed his site for more than three months, so i could tell he had a huge delay in delevering his goods and word...

When i got my body and neck from GuitarMonsterShop i will make a new thread with pics for your viewing pleasure
Cool!

Regards

André

post #41 of 1552 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS
www.custompearlinlay.com (NY)
post #42 of 1552 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 06:03 AM
Banned

Thanks for the link
post #43 of 1552 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 02:13 AM

Anyone else recieve his auto-email that he just sent out? If you did, then he still has you on his work list I assume. Either way, now would be a good time to email him with questions since he will be outta the shop fo a couple of days.
post #44 of 1552 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 08:42 AM

I didn't get his auto-email, but I did get my long awaited neck yesterday!

What a coincidence, eh?
post #45 of 1552 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777
I didn't get his auto-email, but I did get my long awaited neck yesterday!

What a coincidence, eh?
Congratz!!

Regards

André

Tags
abalone binding , alder bodies , alder body , baritone guitar , beautiful guitar , black pickguard , bobbin toppers , body shape , bubinga neck , cavity cover , chris woods , christopher woods , chrome hardware , clear coat , coil tap , control knobs , cottam guitars , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom jem , custom shop , custom shop guitar , double neck , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony neck , ekg guitars , fixed bridge , flame maple , flamed maple , fret board , fret level , fret neck , fret wire , gmc swirl , guitar body , guitar collection , guitar tech , headstock shape , herc fede , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez models , ibanez neck , jackson kelly , jem neck , jim donahue , killer guitar , les paul , lgm guitars , local luthier , local music store , locking nut , locking trems , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , monkey grip , music store , neck finish , neck joint , neck thru , pickup cavities , pickup installation , playing guitar , prestige necks , pro tremolo , production model , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , randy rhoads , reverse headstock , rikk beatty , root beer jem , sam ash , scalloped neck , scarf joint , seymour duncan , sharktooth inlay , sims custom , sims custom shop , standard jem , steel frets , strat body , string bass , swamp ash , swamp ash body , tremolo cavity , truss rod , tung oil , warmoth strat , yngwie strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode