Christopher Woods? - Page 5 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 1552 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 02:37 AM

Re: Christopher Woods?

Yeah, it shouldn't take 8 months for an unfinished body when you have a CNC. A week tops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1552 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quik View Post
Just as a follow-up, I did hear from Mr. Woods, and my neck is supposed to be ready in about a week. Can't wait!

Post pics .

Regards

André

post #63 of 1552 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 10:19 PM

I think he is a bit faster with bodies as they are less time intensive. Check out the few he has on **** right now I think he is quoting a 2 week turnaround.
post #64 of 1552 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 04:01 AM

I really have no idea from the neck jobs from Chris, but I sent from Spain an old RG in parts and he made me a fully customized work with paint through all body, headstock and back body, and set up completely all guitar. Also finally he made me a new body for the project and was completely perfect in quality and looks completely similar to Ibanez (maybe better in wood quality than the recent general Ibanez bodies). The result was and amazing looking guitar with a really good quality on finishes in all parts.
Shipping overseas was made in the best conditions. Hardcase and guitar was perfectly protected and put in a box. Delivery time was around 3 weeks, normal transit time talking of international and in August 2005.
Comunication was always perfect. Every mail I sent was answer asap. He show me that is a serious person who love his job and take good care of it. I was really happy with his work and may in the future can we work out again.

So the necks seems really cool ones. And for the rest I write this words so you must know that Chris is a person in which you can trust. Word¡¡¡¡

Cheers¡¡¡
post #65 of 1552 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddyknight View Post
I really have no idea from the neck jobs from Chris, but I sent from Spain an old RG in parts and he made me a fully customized work with paint through all body, headstock and back body, and set up completely all guitar. Also finally he made me a new body for the project and was completely perfect in quality and looks completely similar to Ibanez (maybe better in wood quality than the recent general Ibanez bodies). The result was and amazing looking guitar with a really good quality on finishes in all parts.
Shipping overseas was made in the best conditions. Hardcase and guitar was perfectly protected and put in a box. Delivery time was around 3 weeks, normal transit time talking of international and in August 2005.
Comunication was always perfect. Every mail I sent was answer asap. He show me that is a serious person who love his job and take good care of it. I was really happy with his work and may in the future can we work out again.

So the necks seems really cool ones. And for the rest I write this words so you must know that Chris is a person in which you can trust. Word¡¡¡¡

Cheers¡¡¡
Pics?

Regards

André

post #66 of 1552 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:03 AM

Hello everyone, I saw this thread a couple months ago and have been checking it once in awhile to get the scoop on what opinions are being stated. I appreciate the comments both good and bad. Thanks to everyone who has my back with the good comments and apologies to those of you who have had a negative experience. I'd be writing a book if I addressed every comment so I am not going to go there but I do want to say something about eggs and omlets,,,, good decisions and bad ones,,,, having learned when to say no,,,, The bottom line is that I have grown over the past few years and that has been good and a struggle. But the reward of turning the last screw into the cover plate of a just finished guitar is pretty cool. -- By the way, Build time on unfinished bodies is 1 week if the routes are standard. As I make progress with the CNC build times for guitar necks will be reduced as well.
post #67 of 1552 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:51 AM

Hey Chris. Welcome! Or Welcome back as it seems! Can't wait to get my two guitars. I'm without a 7 and it's pretty depressing Playing on an old yamaha with a raised bridge and no pickups for now....good times I tell you.
post #68 of 1552 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 02:45 PM

Reviews: 1

The one thing that would be helpful is consistant updates on the website.
I know it's a pain, but a 4 week quote for a neck has turned into 4 months so far. I understand the growing pains with a blossoming business, but keeping your customers clued in is important. I'm running into similar problems with my new side project, but above all, I keep people informed on progress either with a quick phone call or email or site update.
post #69 of 1552 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 03:13 PM

The market for aftermarket Ibanez replacement parts is huge. There are far more people who want and will pay than there are people prepared or able to do the work. If you can improve your ability to level set expectations you certainly have an opportunity here. There'd literally be no competition.
post #70 of 1552 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 09:39 AM

Christopher will now be offering the ZR route on his Ibanez replacement bodies. Good news for those wanting a 24 fret ZR equipped axe.
post #71 of 1552 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcsdds View Post
Christopher will now be offering the ZR route on his Ibanez replacement bodies. Good news for those wanting a 24 fret ZR equipped axe.
Nice!!! Now Ibanez just needs to make lefty ZR trems .

Regards

André

post #72 of 1552 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:02 PM

Well I just ordered my two new alder bodies from Chris, and I can't wait to get these finished.
post #73 of 1552 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:14 PM

Good call, Chris does excellent work. I should have mine back from SCS in a few more weeks with the new clearcoat.
post #74 of 1552 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:16 PM

SCS is where they will be going next...
post #75 of 1552 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:24 PM

lol right on...I was looking at some of his Warrior clearcoats and they look outstanding.

Tags
abalone binding , alder bodies , alder body , baritone guitar , beautiful guitar , black pickguard , bobbin toppers , body shape , bubinga neck , cavity cover , chris woods , christopher woods , chrome hardware , clear coat , coil tap , control knobs , cottam guitars , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom jem , custom shop , custom shop guitar , double neck , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony neck , ekg guitars , fixed bridge , flame maple , flamed maple , fret board , fret level , fret neck , fret wire , gmc swirl , guitar body , guitar collection , guitar tech , headstock shape , herc fede , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez models , ibanez neck , jackson kelly , jem neck , jim donahue , killer guitar , les paul , lgm guitars , local luthier , local music store , locking nut , locking trems , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , monkey grip , music store , neck finish , neck joint , neck thru , pickup cavities , pickup installation , playing guitar , prestige necks , pro tremolo , production model , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , randy rhoads , reverse headstock , rikk beatty , root beer jem , sam ash , scalloped neck , scarf joint , seymour duncan , sharktooth inlay , sims custom , sims custom shop , standard jem , steel frets , strat body , string bass , swamp ash , swamp ash body , tremolo cavity , truss rod , tung oil , warmoth strat , yngwie strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode