Custom DNA (built by Patrick Sims) - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Custom DNA (built by Patrick Sims)

Here are the pictures of the latest work that Patrick Sims has done for me. Just so we're clear, I'm not Patrick or someone who he's asked to post positive comments on this site. I've been working with him for a few months now, and here's what looks like top notch craftsmanship from the photos.

Once I receive the body and neck, the parts / pieces will be almost identical to a DNA (well, as close as my meager salary will let me afford). I skipped out on the Dimarzio's in favor of Bare Knuckle "Miracle Man" pickups, but the single coil is a Dimarzio SDS-1.

Everything should ship overseas to me in Guam on 5 January. Then I'll start the assembly. The clear coat is going on today, and in the picks here, the body had not been sealed yet. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Cdogs'Dad; 01-09-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 04:03 AM

Re: Custom DNA (built by Patrick Sims)

Hi Patrick,

Pretty nice swirl you got there.
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 06:21 AM

Nice swirl, congrats. Look forward to seeing the finished project. Thinking of a similar piece of work myself next year especially after seeing what you've been doing!
post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 09:52 AM
VCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosa View Post
Hi Patrick,

LOL
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 11:41 AM

Reviews: 2

not swirly enough for me..... sorry

just missed something............ If its being cleared today and being shipped to you for the 5 jan........ it cant be done. it will need to go hard and then be flatted cleared again, flat + polish, not to mention the drying time allowing for fall back. I gotta see some detailed pics of this

Last edited by jonnyboy mills; 12-30-2010 at 11:47 AM.
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Hi Patrick,

LOLOLOL
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Hi Patrick,

<applause>
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

I was afraid this would happen. I get the feeling that most people think that I'm Patrick or someone he's asked to post here. Not so. I've been working with Patrick for about seven months now. He and I certainly haven't agreed on everything, but the process wasn't NEARLY as bad as everyone here makes it out to be. It just takes a little communication to get things like this done.

I just want to be clear that I'm a regular guy, that grew up wanting a JEM. I'm a husband and a dad, I've been serving in the Navy for twelve years, and I'm certainly not being put up to this. My first name is Ryan, and if you guys want to call me to see that I'm not Patrick, feel free. (671) 343-2545 ext 7540. I won't give out my home number, it's obviously not a good idea.

I started this thread because so far the work Patrick has done for me is excellent, and it seemed only fair that amongst all the negative feedback, (whether it's justified or not) that I should let people know that I've had a very fair experience with him. I've gotten exactly what I asked for from him, and it's entirely possible that others will too. We did not agree on how long the project should take, but in the end, it has been well worth the wait, and he has been very communicative with me.

In the end, I just wanted to share the work that I had done for me with some obvious enthusiasts. I assume that the reaction would have been entirely different if I said that I had done the work myself. Anyway, Happy New Year...
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 05:12 AM

Looks like it'll be really nice when finished.
Happy new year!
Jim
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 07:31 AM

Now, now. We're just having fun. If it all works out well, then congrats. If it doesn't, well, you learned a lesson. He's been banned from several guitar forums for using fake accounts (among other reasons) so it was an obvious joke. My 540PII body and neck will be here from Nate Perle this week and it took well under three months for that (with holidays and Nate going back to fix work he didn't think would end up being to snuff). I appreciate someone who can do their own quality control on their work.
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 04:36 PM

Irrespective of whom you are or what you say, not many (if any) people from this site will be using Patrick Sims!

Congratulations, good luck with the rest of your build and save your time by trying to convince people that Patrick has found Jesus!

Regardless of how polished his website is; he’s a joke, will always be a joke and has a reputation that puts Satan in a good light!
post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 05:52 PM

I would like to add: not only people from this site. He has been banned from at least 4 guitarsites and had/ has multiple evilbay users, most of them with quite a few negative feedback.

I hope everything works out for you ( the OP) and your projects, because patrick, despite his talent for painting, is a liablity at best.

Last edited by Brosa; 01-01-2011 at 05:59 PM.
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
I would like to add: not only people from this site. He has been banned from at least 4 guitarsites and had/ has multiple evilbay users, most of them with quite a few negative feedback.

I hope everything works out for you ( the OP) and your projects, because patrick, despite his talent for painting, is a liablity at best.
I've seen his work in the flesh and his talent isnt as good as you think!

Rough Monkey grip:

Up close Monkey grip:

Paint Run:
post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 06:37 AM

That looks horrible mate. Just horrible.
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
That looks horrible mate. Just horrible.
Yes - delays with sending his work out the door suddenly become obvious!

Patrick and his customer service is despicable, but he doesn’t take the crown! Darren Johansen is still the king of the hill there….

Tags
dna , jem , patrick sims , sims custom shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode