don't buy from ELECTRICEARCANDY! AlaskaBat's scam!! - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

don't buy from ELECTRICEARCANDY! AlaskaBat's scam!!

hey dudes just a warning. alaskaBat aka rob tipton
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f29/ho...-121520-3.html
is a scam! his shop electricearcandy tried to hustle me into buying a jem from them, he posed as being a woman liza cequena who had to sell her husbands guitars. but the idiot's invoice was made out to rob tipton. so i figured thats the name of her husband after a google with that name and electricearcandy i came out with alaskaBat the over eagerly helping me here to convince me in buying the jem telling me it's all legit!!

proof:
https://www.soundclick.com/bands/def...ongID=10693651
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: don't buy from ELECTRICEARCANDY! AlaskaBat's scam!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jister View Post
hey dudes just a warning. alaskaBat aka rob tipton
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f29/ho...-121520-3.html
is a scam! his shop electricearcandy tried to hustle me into buying a jem from them, he posed as being a woman liza cequena who had to sell her husbands guitars. but the idiot's invoice was made out to rob tipton. so i figured thats the name of her husband after a google with that name and electricearcandy i came out with alaskaBat the over eagerly helping me here to convince me in buying the jem telling me it's all legit!!

proof:
https://www.soundclick.com/bands/def...ongID=10693651
Complete BS!

I'm neither selling any guitars right now, nor posting any!

You either remove this accusation, or I'll pursue action for slander!

post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

dude you send me a invoice electricearcandy for a money order of 1200$ to your name rob tipton as seen on the soundclick site to be alaskaBat a bit to convenient i would say!
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
dude you send me a invoice electricearcandy for a money order of 1200$ to your name rob tipton as seen on the soundclick site to be alaskaBat a bit to convenient i would say!
I've had a Soundclick account since 2008.
How the F canI send an invoice for anything from Soundclick?

I'm telling you right now--remove the accusation--last warning!

I even told you to back off that deal if it didn't feel right.

post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

just wait man good thing my brother is with internet fraude police, lets see what he says.
i never said you send the invoice from soundclick, you send it with ioffer where your shop is called electric ear candy.
should be more careful if you try to scam people into sending you money, if didn't google the name of the account the money was ordered to, together with your electric ear candy name, i probably never would have stumbled upon the combination of : Rop Tipton - electric ear candy - AlaskaBat.
but well i did! can't blame me for it only your own stupidity!!

edit: haha and yeah right sue me!
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
just wait man good thing my brother is with internet fraude police, lets see what he says.
i never said you send the invoice from soundclick, you send it with ioffer where your shop is called electric ear candy.
should be more careful if you try to scam people into sending you money, if didn't google the name of the account the money was ordered to, together with your electric ear candy name, i probably never would have stumbled upon the combination of : Rop Tipton - electric ear candy - AlaskaBat.
but well i did! can't blame me for it only your own stupidity!!

edit: haha and yeah right sue me!
Do another Google search for electric ear candy---I found a few dozen different places using that.

Internet police? Who cares. You come here and post accusations like that based on nothing, and I'll let the mods handle it!

post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

everything i find with electric ear candy leads back to you dude! the shop, the studio, even a google+ account! all using the same logo and stuff all under rob or RJ tipton aka AlaskaBat!
you're just busted get use to it, this is just the beginning!
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:57 AM

Reviews: 1

This thread is being monitored.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
everything i find with electric ear candy leads back to you dude! the shop, the studio, even a google+ account! all using the same logo and stuff all under rob or RJ tipton aka AlaskaBat!
you're just busted get use to it, this is just the beginning!
Is my name on that site with the guitar listed?

Was my name on any emails?

I could easily start a blog with the name Jister on it, and that doesn't mean anything.

post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic View Post
This thread is being monitored.
THANK YOU!

Please note the accusations, slander, name-calling, etc. Then--go to the other thread and read the info he posted about HER--not HIM. Also make note of the most recent post about an invoice from Texas. It would be pretty hard for my to FLY down to Texas to retrieve funds that aren't even in my name.

Also--trying to keep a level head here, but the defamatory remarks are uncalled for......long fuse.......long fuse.........

Maybe you could explain the crap I had/am dealing with concerning stolen identity---he's certainly not going to believe me.
The only deal I've done recently was right here--with djrjems--ask him if he got his guitar. According to him--he loves it!

post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:10 AM

Reviews: 25

@Jister .... which looney bin did you escape from ??
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

well you are Rob Tipton or at least RJ Tipton is AlaskaBat, and everywhere i google it's connected to electric ear candy. the same electir ear candy that tried to sell me a 777VDY for 1200$ that i had to pay with a money order, you just forgot the money order was made out to Rob Tipton then? and rob tipton (the husband that supposedly disappeared) did have the guitar because he proved that with a picture with my name on a paper sticking on the guitar.

@ ibanezfreak777 i just try to prevent people from being scammed no harm in that.
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64

I'll never understand how/why people send money to strangers far away and actually believe 100% they'll receive something.
I'd never send money to a stranger EVEN if he told me he was the pope.
Some ask to be scammed.

Alaskabat is going through a dealing with concerning stolen identity so probably more will come here with acusations.
Dudes, use your brains, stop GIVING money to strangers.
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

buying on the net you're always involved with strangers.
and what stolen identity? the name Alaskabat? well he just said to be rob tipton. that's the identity that tried to scam me:

ps; betaling verzenden naar means: send payment to.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Banned

TO ALL CONCERNED:

I don't sell on eBay.
I haven't been selling anywhere else but here for over a year. Yes, a couple of transactions were a little sour due to delays from my surgeries. But--they were all taken care of in the end.
The last transaction I did was with DJRJEMS right here in our classifieds. It was my RG770BK for his RG620X GK. Ask him if there were any issues with the transaction.

As I mentioned in another thread about a month ago--I was hacked. Not sure how, but there has been a person in Australia opening bank accounts in my name and with my personal info.
Charges on a few on my cards from Australia, Cleveland Ohio, Los Angeles, and several others. I have filed complaints with the FBI, FTC, and my local police. I'm slowly getting it cleared, and hopefully the person will get caught.

However--according to Jister--the transaction in question is with a girl named Lisa, and not even my name. He got My name by Googling Electric Ear Candy, which is a name I've used for my Soundclick page for several years. I also use it for my home studio.
Since it's not copyrighted or trademarked--there are also several other places that use that same name.
Just because I use Electric Ear Candy as my studio name does not mean I own every single site/person that uses that or something similar.

These accusations by Jister are ridiculous!
He's been paranoid about the transaction since day 1--in fact, he only joined the site to ask about it. I'll admit--that was a good idea, as I always say it's better to ask first that get burned later.

If you read my replies in his thread about it, I waffle. Why? Because at first he didn't have enough info, then he started getting what seemed to be legit info.
I even stated that if he didn't feel good about it--then back away from it. If this was me trying to sell an item--would I tell a person to back away? No--don't think so.

So, all of you munching popcorn reading all of this---take all of this into consideration.
I've been a contributing member of this site for over 4 years. I've had several great transactions in our classifieds. Had a few sour ones withing my surgery time frame--but got them worked out.
I'm also the first one to jump into threads where members are questioning possible transactions outside of Jemsite--and telling them the same thing. If it doesn't feel right--back off.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaskabat , electricearcandy , fraude , internet sales , jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode