Ebay Nightmare - advice appreciated - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Ebay Nightmare - advice appreciated

Everything has been worked out, I of course caved in and allowed the return which is fine. We "started over" and I wrote him a long message explaning how it works and he is cool with everything. Don't need to drag his name through the mud, as long as the guitar arrives back in the same condition in which I sent it, and then I will refund him.

Last edited by metalgod72; 01-28-2015 at 05:48 PM. Reason: situation resolved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Vendor

Re: Ebay Nightmare - advice appreciated

There is no such thing as no returns on ebay. All he has to do is be dissatisfied and file a claim any tiny thing isn't as it was supposed to be, and ebay will grant him the return. You accepted the return without him making a claim, and even in a claim, he would have to wait for you to receive the return.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 08:39 PM

Sorry to hear you are going through this. Hopefully it comes back in the condition you sent it...because if not i suspect ebay will just go by tracking information, see you got it back, and give him his money back. If something is wrong (like he switched some parts or something) I suspect they won't get into the details, they will just see that you got it back and they will give him his money back. It sucks, but i don't think ebay will get into the details. I would call and talk to them to find out where you stand...believe it or not their phone support is pretty good relatively speaking. Hopefully it will come back as you sent it and it will be a non-issue (aside from the wasted time and aggravation).
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 01:16 PM

The key thing is: what did you say in the ad?

If you said it was original and it's not, then pickyness doesn't matter and it's not as described ~ you lose.

If you didn't say one way or another, then it comes down to a dispute of "he said she said", and from my experience Paypal always sides on the sides of the buyer ~ you lose.

The one thing here is if you go through the 'case' process (which he would open if you didn't refund), then you might win or not, but again Paypal will side on the side of the seller, plus it's hard for them to reverse it because he's already shipped it back to you. And here, the advantage is it'll take a couple of weeks, the disadvantage is you wouldn't be able to sell again until it's resolved.

So the bottom line is, you either take your chances on the 'case' (which are slim), or just eat it and give him a refund.

Sorry buddy, but that's the way it is. Paypal sides on the buyer because ~ they have the money.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 04:45 PM

Reviews: 2

Oddly enough, My son (seller) called ebay support about a buyer that wanted a refund on some toy. My son told support that he thought the buyer was trying to scam him. Ebay sided with my son immediately. They told him to cease any future communication with the buyer and that they would handle it from here on....... So far all is well.

It seems that Ebay might side with whomever makes the first call to them.

BTW....Ebay deleted the negative feedback the guy left
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 04:51 PM

**** eBay and PayPal. I use bank wires 90% of the time now.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 05:00 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
**** eBay and PayPal. I use bank wires 90% of the time now.
Which leaves you with no protection 100% of the time.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Which leaves you with no protection 100% of the time.
As a seller, bank wire is the safest way to take payment. That's what I meant, not as a buyer
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 10:59 PM

I had a similar nightmare, it happens, one out of 100's of buy and sells. Guy was a nut job. You can be as nice and descriptive as you can be and something can still go wrong. Chalk it up as experience if it goes south on ya.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Oddly enough, My son (seller) called ebay support about a buyer that wanted a refund on some toy. My son told support that he thought the buyer was trying to scam him. Ebay sided with my son immediately. They told him to cease any future communication with the buyer and that they would handle it from here on....... So far all is well.

It seems that Ebay might side with whomever makes the first call to them.

BTW....Ebay deleted the negative feedback the guy left
Well that's interesting.

Now that I think about it, I have never lost a case I opened, and I have never won a case that someone else opened.

Tags
jose

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode