ET Guitars and Herc Fede Collaboration - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

ET Guitars and Herc Fede Collaboration

Folks, here is an announcement about to go into our website's monthly newsletter. Thought you guys may want to know this awesome news. Herc is officially back!!! Bring on the real swirls...

ET Guitars and Fede Designs

We are thrilled to announce that ET Guitars will be working in collaboration with Herc Fede, proprietor of Fede Designs, based in Philadelphia, USA.

Starting soon, ET Guitars will have Herc Fede swirl bodies available for sale in our Online Store.

The ET/Fede collaboration hopes to offer a premium custom guitar solution for enthusiasts. With the Fede artwork as a starting point, and the extremely broad range of options and capabilities of the Taylor-Made Customshop, we believe that guitarists now have the best opportunity to acquire their own very special custom built instruments.

Herc Fede has bamboozled the worlds guitar community with his extraordinary "Swirl" artwork on guitar bodies. He is possibly the worlds best proponent of the artform, his style is unmistakable, with its stunning flowing patterns and sheer depth of color. Herc has produced dozens of stunning swirl guitars, everything from tributes to the Steve Vai Ibanez Jem multicolor series guitars, to some wild color theme creations of his own.

The guitar bodies will be precision CNC manufactured by ET Guitars, and delivered to Herc to weave his magic. The bodies will be direct sale online and "first in" basis, though we may consider to accept made-to-order projects in the future.

Herc is back... and ET Guitars are thrilled to be supporting him and offering his unique artwork to guitarists again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 11:12 AM

Re: ET Guitars and Herc Fede Collaboration

Really good news to everyone!! hope to see pics soon!!!
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET Guitars View Post
Bring on the real swirls...
All due respect to both of you, but that blew it for me.
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 07:09 PM

Reviews: 13

How do I get one and how much is it going to cost me I am looking to buy NOW - seriously, and how long will it take for me to get?

-Wolfram
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
+1

Cheers, Sam.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 01:25 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfram View Post
How do I get one and how much is it going to cost me I am looking to buy NOW - seriously, and how long will it take for me to get?

-Wolfram
According to Ernie's OP--they're not available yet......or even swirled....

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 02:27 AM

Quote:
(...)and offering his unique artwork to guitarists again.
Cool! Although it's not like his artwork has been unavailable. It's nice if things pick up and it can put food on the table. Good luck! I know there will be some pictures to drool over soon.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

It'll be great to see Herc back at the forefront of the swirl world again having been away for so long. Herc was the first "aftermarket" swirler I encountered on the web, nearly 20 years ago now, it'll be interesting to see what he's doing these days.

I have to say though that the competition is a lot more fierce than it was then, with some superb swirlers offering their services on the web, hopefully this will make all the swirlers out there raise their game
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 03:59 AM

I'd expect Herc needs to up HIS game
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
And all due respect to you sir, your point is??
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
Cool! Although it's not like his artwork has been unavailable. It's nice if things pick up and it can put food on the table. Good luck! I know there will be some pictures to drool over soon.
Yes thats right, to my understanding Herc has been working on backorders in the last few years, and also selling some swirls from his mailing list, as they came up.

It will be a similar thing now, where we will assist Herc to catch up his older orders, and at the same time start stocking up on some exciting new work. As they are done, the new stock will start appearing in our online store, and we can give jemsiters a heads up too.

This announcement was perhaps a little early, though in the next few months Herc swirls will start appearing for direct sale, more so than were available in the last few years.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
I'd expect Herc needs to up HIS game
As I said, I think it'll be good for everyone's game.

The different swirl artists out there have very different styles. I think Herc's return will really help everyone get exactly what they want.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
And all due respect to you sir, your point is??
My point is that Herc's swirls are no more "real" than Alan's, linux's, Avi's, Tubarao's, Marko's or anyone that does them. By saying "bring on the real swirls" you do them an injustice, in my opinion.

In any case, good luck in this endeavor
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
My point is that Herc's swirls are no more "real" than Alan's, linux's, Avi's, Tubarao's, Marko's or anyone that does them. By saying "bring on the real swirls" you do them an injustice, in my opinion.

In any case, good luck in this endeavor
I see. Thanks for your opinion and good wishes. Out of interest, do you own any swirls, or have you attempted the art yourself?

Only Jono seems to understand the situation. With Herc's work returning, it brings back some variety at a high level. Think of it like Cola... soon you will be able have Coke, Pepsi, or any of a number of generic cola's... Be happy, you can choose whichever you like, thats my point.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 06:00 PM

Herc never stopped swirling. I still receive quite a few e-mails that consists of swirled bodies without any clearcoat. He even did me a PMC UV a year/ few years back that i rejected, because it was far below his standard. You can also order a Herc swirl through Max Cottam, or a custom DNA.

However, i just love the work of Herc and the more swirls there are, the better. I like his PMC swirls even more than the originals and i'm sure i am not the only one.

Herc used to be Pepsi, let's hope he still is with Darren around the corner & Alan swirling probably anything, any style you want.

Tags
et guitars , herc fede , swirl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode