ET Guitars - New Vendor OFFICIAL THREAD - Page 19 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #271 of 283 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 05:45 PM

Re: ET Guitars - New Vendor OFFICIAL THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
THAT IS A SICK SWIRL Usually dont like swirls but that is fantastic...I really love it...
Thanks Man! I can't wait until the clear coat is complete!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 12:10 PM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
Just wanted to chime in, and make a comment about Ernie and ET guitars.. After he was talked about on the Sims thread which was recently locked. I have had nothing but good experiences with Ernie and his work... He responds to emails and questions in a fair amount of time considering he is probably so busy doing the the great work he does..

Anyone complaining about respond time, must spend every waking minute on the internet, and are just impatient. Some people have to actually spend time away from the PC to actually work..

If your thinking about getting work with ET guitars, you can trust him and his work..

I got 2 jobs going on with him at the moment, and already had another one done and am very pleased with it all..

Cheers !!

Julien
I agree. I'm getting my custom jem design contest loser made by Ernie and I paid up front and told him to take his time and that I wouldn't be bothering him with pesky emails asking when it will be ready all the time. I have the utmost confidence in his work and have NEVER seen an upset customer. Also, he's in Australia which is great for me.

Anyways...... He notified me the other day that the neck is nearly done and it'll be soon on it's way for me to paint the headstock and send back for completion. He's also kept me abreast off what's been happening with it via email and I've discussed a few options with him on the phone. Hes a great guy and you can really hear the passion in his voice when you're discussing guitars. A very good sign.

These things can't be knocked up overnight. You gotta be patient.
post #273 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 04:47 AM

Are ET still doing their own swirls? I saw they're now selling Herc Fede swirls....
post #274 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 12:33 AM

I'm waiting on a reply for a quote of a body and neck I sent to ET, I called him before emailing him my stuff and I'm just waiting, does anyone know how long it takes to get a reply, it's been about a week. No rush just curious.
post #275 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 01:02 AM

Reviews: 25

sometimes it take a while to get a hold of Ernie.. Just keep pushing through the emails untill he responds..
post #276 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 01:03 AM

I hate to annoy people though :/
post #277 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostadventures View Post
I hate to annoy people though :/
I dont think you could annoy Ernie if you tried.
post #278 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 08:04 AM

It's just my project is only capable of being built by Ernie in my eyes, to my specs. and I just don't want to bother him, he's a very kind fellow it seemed over the phone, I live in California LOL and I called him a bit late around 9:30 his time. I wouldn't mind waiting a long time for the guitar either, I just want to get the quote started and to finalize the planning.
post #279 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 08:17 AM

Anyone know if Ernie uses any of this "Roasted Maple" wood thats going around from companies lately??

Or any confirmation on the carbon rods he uses in the neck?
post #280 of 283 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 05:18 PM

Ernie will get back to you eventually. Once you establish the working relationship he is one easy going dude.

I just posted this vid of me using the guitar he built for me. I put the Ibanez logo on it, but the work is all ET.

http://youtu.be/XWOntjpkRCo

Steve Special & a Norton played through the Boss eband.
post #281 of 283 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 08:45 PM

hello Ernie...

I sent you an email time ago...

I am still waiting for your reply.

thanks.

Dani Cano from Spain.
post #282 of 283 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniJem View Post
hello Ernie...

I sent you an email time ago...

I am still waiting for your reply.

thanks.

Dani Cano from Spain.
Hi Dani,
I had a similar experience with Ernie but rest assured he WILL deliver what you need. It will just take a lot longer than anticipated. Great results and quality...he's just a busy man unfortunately. Regardless. I share your pain
post #283 of 283 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 07:39 PM

Edited...... I received an email from Ernie time ago, and I will wait a little more for my stuff....... All the best for him and his family! I hope all goes well.

Last edited by DaniJem; 08-11-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Tags
chris woods , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom jem , distortion pedal , ebony board , ebony fretboard , electric guitar , fernandes sustainer , jem neck , maple fret , neck dimensions , patrick sims , pickguard paradise , reverse headstock , rosewood neck , stomp box , string necks , swamp ash , tobacco sunburst

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode