ET Guitars - New Vendor OFFICIAL THREAD - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

ET Guitars - New Vendor OFFICIAL THREAD

Hi Folks,

I would like to introduce to jemsite the new vendor www.etguitars.com (or simply click on the banner above, to link to our site)

We wish to offer our custom guitars, guitar re-finishing, replacement parts and boutique stomp box services, to you all. We are based in Australia, and even though far away from our friends in America, Europe and Asia, practically speaking we are only an email away (gotta love the world wide web!). Consider us, and put us in the hat when choosing amongst custom builders. Shipping costs of parts from Australia may be cheaper than you think, certainly when considering the total cost of a custom project.

ET Guitars was born from my lifelong love of the electric guitar (especially the almighty Ibanez!!!), and also from a frustration in the lack of color and custom options from the major guitar companies. And I know I'm not the only one...

Please have a look at our site, and we would love to hear your comments, either by email or within this thread. Heck, even send us a message if you just want to talk guitar with another guitar maniac!!!

We will certainly keep you updated with new developments. At present, we are developing a custom stomp box, and a couple of new and very attractive guitar finishes. Stay tuned...

From the outset, please understand that I will not make any far-fetched pledges in order raise business, ie. fast delivery times, very cheap parts etc. I have a separate stable income and this venture is purely for the love of the electric guitar. However, I will always stand by my own integrity and the fact that all of our projects will be treated as if they were our babies. If we don't love the result, then we would not expect you to either...

Enough talk already! Feel free to have a look at our site, and pop us a message, we would love to hear from you.

Kind Regards,

ET Guitars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 07:12 AM

Re: ET Guitars - New Vendor OFFICIAL THREAD

Finally, someone in Australia that provides this service.

First up, how are your necks made? (CNC, hand made)

I'm interested in getting a Jem style replacement neck with jem neck dimensions, Ibanez headstock, and ebony board with mother of pearl vine. Made for an AANJ.

How long have you been making bodies and guitar necks for?

I am based in the Hills District, Sydney. Given the answers to the above questions are satisfactory, how would I be able to sample some of your work?
post #3 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Nice to have a jem freak in the neighbourhood!

Replacement necks are the newest part of what we do, so bear with us! The necks are roughed out against an original neck on a duplicating carving machine. Then hand finished against that neck and highly accurate templates. Of course, we like to take final measurements from the intended body (if available), to ensure close fit within the neck pocket and correct heights.

The only part of your request that is currently not possible is the MOP. At present we can do a synthetic pearloid vine, but unfortunately not a genuine MOP or abalone. Yet...

I will be in Sydney a couple of times over the next month or so. If our paths could cross, then I would be happy to show you some toys first hand. Keep in touch Wilch!
post #4 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 08:11 AM

The Blue swirl looks really nice.

Good luck with your business
post #5 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 09:17 AM

Yeah, I'm loving the quilted fretboards!!
post #6 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Contributor

Reviews: 1

Very nice guitars.

My crystal ball tells me you'll do well.

Good luck!

-jemaholic
post #7 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 10:39 AM

Yeah, that marbled swirl looks very attractive. . . . All the best, and I look forward to some reviews, and some pics of the 'Fang' Series (for all us ebony board fanatics)
post #8 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 11:56 AM

hey

please let me know when u pay a visit to sydney
i m interested in seeing and getting a feel of some samples
they look great but i would like to have some actual feel
post #9 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET Guitars View Post
Nice to have a jem freak in the neighbourhood!

Replacement necks are the newest part of what we do, so bear with us! The necks are roughed out against an original neck on a duplicating carving machine. Then hand finished against that neck and highly accurate templates. Of course, we like to take final measurements from the intended body (if available), to ensure close fit within the neck pocket and correct heights.

The only part of your request that is currently not possible is the MOP. At present we can do a synthetic pearloid vine, but unfortunately not a genuine MOP or abalone. Yet...

I will be in Sydney a couple of times over the next month or so. If our paths could cross, then I would be happy to show you some toys first hand. Keep in touch Wilch!
Synthetic pearloid doesn't sound too bad. I am VERY interested. It would be great if I could see one of your necks up close before I send you my hard earned, with some specs.
post #10 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Hey wil, pm sent your way. No problems, would be great to catch up sometime soon with you, and also with you sugizo!
post #11 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 11:49 PM

You have some great prices their ET. Expect a customer soon on a replacement neck
post #12 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 11:58 PM

Looks like some nice stuff, man
post #13 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 12:07 AM

Have you thought about bringing some samples to Jemfest?
post #14 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 02:27 AM

what bridge does the guitars come in?
they look like lo edge.
are they?
post #15 of 283 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

Sugizo, the default bridge will be the Ibanez Edge, but the lo-pro is offered as optional. The lo-pro is used in the prototype photo of the marble series.
Crevis, yes if you like. Seeya at jemfest dude!

Thanks to everyone for their nice feedback so far and words of encouragement, its made the "new kid on the block" thing a little easier than I initially expected...

Tags
chris woods , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom jem , distortion pedal , ebony board , ebony fretboard , electric guitar , fernandes sustainer , jem neck , maple fret , neck dimensions , patrick sims , pickguard paradise , reverse headstock , rosewood neck , stomp box , string necks , swamp ash , tobacco sunburst

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode