Ibanez JEM Forum banner
284K views 2K replies 449 participants last post by  Lapsed JEM Guy 
#1 ·
It looks like the fake jem from the otherday that one of the sponsors listed even has same serial number auction #7395201073 What do you guys think?

#8 ·
Re: Real or fake Jem auction on e-vil-bay?

Can I just point something out...

Do a search on **** for "C02060876" (without quotation marks) and make sure you have it to search worldwide and tick the little box for item description.

There is only 2 on the UK site at the moment, but I'm sure there'll be a LOT more worldwide.

How can so many guitars have the same serial number? ;)

#17 ·

Rotti said:
Why doesn't Evilbay shut down these auctions? People must be reporting them. The guitars are copyright infringments AND they are passing them off as Ibanez guitars in the ads. Definately illegal.
2 Questions...

1. What is the meaning of life.

2. Exactly what you just asked.

I'd rather tackle question 1, lol

#21 ·

Thanks for the warnings, guys! I havent been on this site in a while. I've seen the ads that say "fabulous ibanez guitar" and its a picture of a Kramer, those are the obvious ripoffs. On this particular auction, it looked like a really good deal, but not necessarily too good to be true. Over the years, I've caught a few good deals on Jems from people who are trying to dump them quickly. This guy had 100% good fedback as a buyer and seller, and was in Minnesota. I think he may have purchased this fake guitar and was simply trying to pass it on and recover his loss.
Upon reading the messages you sent to me, I immediately went to my bank and put a stop payment on it. I paid through paypal but it would not be hitting my bank for a day or two from now. I still had time. I didnt want to have to go through some long dispute if they got the money in the first place. I havent heard any response at all from the seller yet. Paypal says I have to try to contact the seller before I can submit any claims, so i'm just going by thge rules, and then will submit a claim to them. All I know is this guy isnt getting my money.. thanks again for the warning. -tim

#23 ·

clubtim said:
Thanks for the warnings, guys! I havent been on this site in a while. I've seen the ads that say "fabulous ibanez guitar" and its a picture of a Kramer, those are the obvious ripoffs. On this particular auction, it looked like a really good deal, but not necessarily too good to be true. Over the years, I've caught a few good deals on Jems from people who are trying to dump them quickly. This guy had 100% good fedback as a buyer and seller, and was in Minnesota. I think he may have purchased this fake guitar and was simply trying to pass it on and recover his loss.
Upon reading the messages you sent to me, I immediately went to my bank and put a stop payment on it. I paid through paypal but it would not be hitting my bank for a day or two from now. I still had time. I didnt want to have to go through some long dispute if they got the money in the first place. I havent heard any response at all from the seller yet. Paypal says I have to try to contact the seller before I can submit any claims, so i'm just going by thge rules, and then will submit a claim to them. All I know is this guy isnt getting my money.. thanks again for the warning. -tim
you're the one buying... ??? Drop by here often... :D

#25 ·

I got a sincere reply from the seller, who's a real nice guy and wasn't trying to get over on anybody. A typical scenario for this kind of stuff actually. Here's a snipet -

""This guitar was a gift to me this christmas. I did not want the guitar (I
do not enjoy guitars with a floyd rose pickup - I play almost strictly PRS
Guitars) and took it to a Guitar Center to have it evaluated (to see what
it would be worth to sell). They told me that it is a Korean model and was
worth less than the Japanese version and would sell for about $1000 new.
This guitar was never played more than a couple of times by me, and so
this is how I set the Buy it Now price, etc."

#26 ·

OK, I bought this guitar, RICH, did you also?? I received this same letter this morning about it was a gift, the Guitar center , etc. I put a stop payment on the bank draft, but i see that Paypal beat me to the bank. They got the money. this guy said that he would be understanding If i dodnt want to complete the transaction, so i told him i would like a refund to avoid any long arbitraions with e bay.
But now I see that the same deal may have gone done with more than just myself. If anyone else has been victim to this scam, I would like to talk to you.