IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss - Page 103 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1531 of 1535 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 01:15 PM

Re: IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss

Hello everyone. Long-time Ibanez player (90's ERA USA Custom) but I now have the chance to buy my first Jem! I came across this Jem 777 30th Anniversary model on the local used market. Needless to say I am excited to see it come available, but am cautious due to all of the fakes. This has original case and all case candy and COA. Just hoping one or a few of you very knowledgeable JEM owners would be willing to take a look and tell me if you think this is a legit JEM 777??? Any help is MUCH appreciated!!

Site won't let me upload/attach any pictures since this is my first post.

I have a link with over 40 detailed photos, but it won't let me post it here because I am new to the forum. Email me for the link......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1535 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 10:31 AM

Why do I not want to believe this post? Maybe the rambling description that does not really articulate the gravity of a JEM777LNG numbered #249?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ibanez-stev...7/163690187051
post #1533 of 1535 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 01:40 PM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearBoxTy View Post
Why do I not want to believe this post? Maybe the rambling description that does not really articulate the gravity of a JEM777LNG numbered #249?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ibanez-stev...7/163690187051
Looks legit but beaten to hell. He's got stones asking $4,600 for that - especially when you can get a reissue for probably less... maybe.
Hoseki likes this.
post #1534 of 1535 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 11:40 PM

I don't know, man. Would a scammer take that much time to write and actual chapter book for a description with full name and phone number!!!! I would ask for a better picture of the front of the headstock as the pictures posted are blurry. I think that will help tell the story whether or not it is legit.
post #1535 of 1535 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
Looks legit but beaten to hell. He's got stones asking $4,600 for that - especially when you can get a reissue for probably less... maybe.
I agree on it looking legitimate, but also that a clearer shot of the headstock would be nice. Also some explanation of the appearance of a fingerboard separation and whether it's a problem or just the way it looks in the photo.

Personally, if I was interested in one of these, I'd rather have the original numbered guitar over a re-issue.

Tags
acoustic guitar , angled jack , cavity cover , charvel evh , charvel evh art , charvel evh art series , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , double neck , ebony fingerboard , electric guitar , evh art series , fake , fender strat , floyd rose , floyd rose bridge , gold knobs , gold trem , gotoh tuners , guitar shop , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez trem , jem vwh , korean guitar , les paul , les pauls , locking nut , monkey grip , pickup cover , production model , recessed trem , retainer bar , rich warlock , scalloped frets , scratch plate , steve vai , tremolo arm , tremolo bridge , trs bridge , truss cover , truss rod , truss rod cover , verify

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode