IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss - Page 9 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 1560 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 07:57 PM
GiS

Re: Misrepresented & FAKE COPY JEM7s on e-bay or local stores - Made in China

Yeah, I got screwed buying one of these, how the hell did I not know.

If anyone has any questions about them, ask away, I own a fake one. *cries*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 1560 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 10:04 PM
HSH

Angry Re: Misrepresented & FAKE COPY JEM7s on e-bay or local stores - Made in China

Report them, guys. I just narked on 4 auctions, mostly the Jem 7V Wh with the black pups and pup rings! They've gotta, at the very least, list them as replicas or something.
post #123 of 1560 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 11:03 PM

Red face Re: Misrepresented & FAKE COPY JEM7s on e-bay or local stores - Made in China

Delete this post (accidentlly double posted).
post #124 of 1560 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 11:04 PM

Personally, I feel if a it's listed under "Home> Buy> Musical Instruments> Guitar> Electric> Ibanez", then they should only allow geniune Ibanez guitars. No replicas, no parts, etc. Have a seperate section for replicas and they already have a seperate section for parts.
post #125 of 1560 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantoms
Personally, I feel if a it's listed under "Home> Buy> Musical Instruments> Guitar> Electric> Ibanez", then they should only allow geniune Ibanez guitars. No replicas, no parts, etc. Have a seperate section for replicas and they already have a seperate section for parts.
I totally agree there should be a section for brand specific parts and maybe even copies. Whenever I search for just "Ibanez" I can probably count on my hands and feet how many real, actual, guitars come up out of about 8 or 9 pages.
post #126 of 1560 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 12:42 PM

I just had a look, i know this is an old thread, but how can u not spot that as being fake? 7395201073

It screams fake from the start.

And actually, this may offend some, but if it is from China or Singapore where the fakes are coming from, i will not bid at all.
post #127 of 1560 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 06:11 PM

Many are not completing the "Report this listing" process correctly on evilbay.

Here's the steps you need to take to Report a fake on E bay.

1) When you are viewing a listing that is a fake (even if it doesn't say it's real, but has a picture of an ibanez logo on the headstock), scroll to the bottom of the listing and click the Report this item link:

2) Fill out the counterfeit item and select continue at the bottom:

3) You will get the following page. This is where most people stop, but you haven't reported anything yet. Click on the Email us (circled link) to continue with the report item feature:

4) That brings you to this page. Your are almost finished. Click the "send" button:

5) And finally, your confirmation that you've completed the Report this item process:

Last edited by phantoms; 04-29-2006 at 06:25 PM.
post #128 of 1560 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 06:50 PM
GiS

I'm selling one the classified. >=)
post #129 of 1560 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 10:43 PM

Does it actually say Ibanez on it? If so, it's illegal to sell it as it's counterfeit.
post #130 of 1560 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant1981
I just had a look, i know this is an old thread, but how can u not spot that as being fake? 7395201073

It screams fake from the start.

And actually, this may offend some, but if it is from China or Singapore where the fakes are coming from, i will not bid at all.
well you did offend me, i don't see any fake jems in singapore, and i doubt that the whole countrymakes even 10 electric guitars a year
post #131 of 1560 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 04:34 AM
GiS

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantoms
Does it actually say Ibanez on it? If so, it's illegal to sell it as it's counterfeit.
It does say Ibanez on it, but I'm selling it as a replica.

I didn't make it. =P

I'm also listing it as a fake. If Ibanez does have a problem with that, they can shoot me a PM.
post #132 of 1560 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyrozario
well you did offend me, i don't see any fake jems in singapore, and i doubt that the whole countrymakes even 10 electric guitars a year
I've seen plenty there. Don't take personal offence, unless it is you who is making the fakes and doesn't want to be shown up
post #133 of 1560 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 07:55 AM

Quote:
I've seen plenty there. Don't take personal offence, unless it is you who is making the fakes and doesn't want to be shown up
i AM taking personal offence, particularly to ignorant people, singapore is NOT china, we're NOT malaysia or indonesia, the closest thing i've seen to a FAKE is an ad clearly stating that its selling a FAKE jem, and many COPYs of jems, that seriously you gottta be stupid to mistake it for the real thing

AND i don't even make guitars
post #134 of 1560 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 08:42 AM

Wrong.

I'm not ignorant. I have seen fakes being sold from Singapore. I know Singapore isn't China for gods sake. Calm down, unless you have something to hide. I don't go off on a mental fit if someone says a bad word against another Englishman.
post #135 of 1560 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Calm down, unless you have something to hide. I don't go off on a mental fit if someone says a bad word against another Englishman.
something to hide? why do you keep implying that i sell or make those godforsaken things, for the last time, stop disturbing MY country, i love it for what it is, and we dont make those FAKES, theyre all made in CHINA, you've been here once and you think you saw "A" fake jem, i live in this country everyday, and i don't see any fakes, but i see copies

let me go through the definition of a FAKE jem
-It looks ridiculously similar to a real jem
-It has the word IBANEZ on the headstock

and for a copy
-It only has the monkey grip, maybe the claws
-It DOESN't have the word IBANEZ on the headstock

Tags
acoustic guitar , angled jack , cavity cover , charvel evh , charvel evh art , charvel evh art series , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , double neck , ebony fingerboard , electric guitar , evh art series , fake , fender strat , floyd rose , floyd rose bridge , gold knobs , gold trem , gotoh tuners , guitar shop , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez trem , jem vwh , korean guitar , les paul , les pauls , locking nut , monkey grip , pickup cover , production model , recessed trem , retainer bar , rich warlock , scalloped frets , scratch plate , steve vai , tremolo arm , tremolo bridge , trs bridge , truss cover , truss rod , truss rod cover , verify

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode