FS If high demand: Brand new Unfinshed Jem bodies - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
FS If high demand: Brand new Unfinshed Jem bodies

I am thinking of ordering several unfinished jem bodies from my suplier and was wondering if anybody here would want to buy one. I haven't got a price yet but the worst case scenario would be 140-150 dollars, but will proably be loads less if I order quite a few.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 03:08 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: FS If hogh demand: Brand new Unfinshed Jem bodies

What kind of wood are they made from? and do you have pictures?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

I cannot give you those details just yet, i have to wait until monday for more details and photos. remeber the price i mentioned is a worst case scenario.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 01:34 PM

Got anymore details about these?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberfet6789 View Post
I cannot give you those details just yet, i have to wait until monday for more details and photos. remeber the price i mentioned is a worst case scenario.
Can you provide the info now? You've got us all curious with this "mystery" listing.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 01:51 AM

Reviews: 25

Can you get 540PII bodies
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 07:13 AM

If its alder or basswood, I wouldnt bother. Vendors on this site sell them for ~100. If you can get a mohagany one though... I'd be all over that.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Very sorry, I am still working on trying to get the details but my supplier hasn't replied yet (bastard), but don't worry i will get it sorted.
FYI
As far as i know they are alder but i could ask for others.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 01:29 PM

Re: FS If high demand: Brand new Unfinshed Jem bodies

Moving this out of the classifieds, as there really isn't anything to sell here except a spot on a possible line.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
Moving this out of the classifieds, as there really isn't anything to sell here except a spot on a possible line.

now that we're out of the classified section..

bob -> too many vendors are selling good quality alder and basswood JEM and RG bodies for you to sell them at 150. If they are mahogany, I will be interested, but, no offense, me nor anyone else is going to pay some "Random guy" 150 when we can buy them for 100 from a vendor, sorry!

That said, only ET guitars offers other woods, and they are expensive. If you can undercut them, you may be getting some offers.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
now that we're out of the classified section..

bob -> too many vendors are selling good quality alder and basswood JEM and RG bodies for you to sell them at 150. If they are mahogany, I will be interested, but, no offense, me nor anyone else is going to pay some "Random guy" 150 when we can buy them for 100 from a vendor, sorry!

That said, only ET guitars offers other woods, and they are expensive. If you can undercut them, you may be getting some offers.
And no disrespect here either, but you're a middle-man, and can't even get a reply from your "supplier." That's not a good way to start advertising possible merchandise. Will they be available? Will we have wood choices? Will we have routing options? Can the price be competitive with the other vendors? So far, all of these very important questions cannot be answered. Ii think it would be a good idea to get all of this sorted out, and have a physical product "in stock," before posting this.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Yes i have realised this but, i buy other stuff and as the title says was wondering if jem bodies are popular items that is all.
they will probably cost 70$ i am not sure, but as i stated 150 is a worst case scenario.
I don't need your critsism on how to run a buisness because that is my day job (not selling guitar bodies). I was only trying to do people a small favour.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 02:43 PM

It seemed to me more like organizing a group buy than trying to become a middle man per se, not sure where the static is coming from guys.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Vendor

Quote:
It seemed to me more like organizing a group buy than trying to become a middle man per se, not sure where the static is coming from guys.
1. No vendor adds without the consent of Jemsite and payment of advertising fees.
2. You can't propose to be a vendor by drumming up the business first, then becoming one.
3. There are few specific details.................
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
We're not giving him static. Hes "potentially offering a product hes not quite sure of the availability of options at a price he is unsure of from someone he cant say".... Its just kinda poor business practices. While may be a "group buy" of sorts, and lord knows, Id love nothing more then a Mahogany JEM body that doesnt cost 400$, but hes being kinda shady about it. We're interested which is WHY we are bothering to ask questions instead of blowing it off.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode