GC blowing out PRSs - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

GC blowing out PRSs

See HERE

Not sure why, but if you were saving for a USA PRS, here's as good a chance as any to grab one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 10:44 AM

Re: GC blowing out PRSs

Those are big discounts. I think the recession has done a number on the sales of higher end guitars like USA PRS guitars, higher end Gibsons, and Ibanez Prestige and J Customs.

I hope GC puts on that type of markdown for Ibanez Prestige but their demand is probably considerably more than the way overpriced PRS private stock guitars. You can find the PRS private stocks so much cheaper used out there which makes buying a new one a waste of money. You won't find GC putting a $1600 dollar Mira at $899 though. At least the garden variety PRS retains a good percentage of its street price as do things like Les Paul Studios and American Standard Stratocasters.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 10:55 AM

I'll say this... If you dig around at GC you can find some great clearance deals.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, but only very rarely at this level of magnitude - this appears to be a large percentage of their PRS inventory.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
Yeah, but only very rarely at this level of magnitude - this appears to be a large percentage of their PRS inventory.
and rarely with the high end stuff!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 04:06 PM

Reviews: 13

I wonder why the big sell up?

PRS not selling across the board?

And I wish these deals were going on in Australia too

-Wolfram
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 04:46 PM

Guitar Center is going broke, they probably just need to sell the PRS stuff because they owe PRS a ton of money
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 10:53 PM

There are some great deals on there. The Custom24's are close to half off. I tried that experiment once or I would be looking at a 305 or 513.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

I have some Custom 24 pics coming of a guitar colored 'Angry Larry'
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 05:08 PM

Funny as I just bought a Les Paul Push Tone. There is always a great sale somewhere after I buy a guitar.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

A GC guy told me PRS is discontinuing all the models that they are blowing out, and coming out with a ton of new models. Also founfd this, but this isn't exactly new..

"We're coming to the end of an era," said Paul at the Experience PRS press conference. "Within a year from now, almost everything we make except artist models will have been changed...almost like when Marshall when from small logo to large logo, or when Fender went from blackface to silverface, though I hope not with those long term connotations," Smith said with a smile
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Vendor

Damn, take a month off and come back to find a Moderator advertising for Guitar Center!

Bain is out, Ares, the biggest bond holder of the original buyout deal just took all of Bain's equity. They estimated Bain lost around 500M in total. Ares probably has until 2017. Good article about parasites here.

http://www.ericgarland.co/2014/03/29/parasite-economy/

As for why GC is blowing out inventory? Who knows what ticks behind the minds of the new parasites. Maybe they're getting a head start on dissolving the company one brand at a time
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 09:27 PM

Damn, that is a great article Rich. It's very obvious they're trying to get rid of everything, starting at the top and working to the bottom. I don't know what the pieces will be in a few years, but it doesn't look good.

Jim, I was told the same thing, that they are moving all current inventory with a lot of new stuff coming in, but I'm not holding my breath.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Vendor

Probably just a case of new corporate jibberish philosophy, like, if it hasn't sold in 6 months, slash and burn to bring in new inventory. Run by people that just don't understand instrument retail. I'll bet they replace most of those same models with others, of the same models.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 10:42 PM

Thanks for the article Rich.

Tags
blowout , guitarcenter prs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode