GreenMeanieGuitars.com - OFFICIAL THREAD - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

View Poll Results: How Many Guitars The Past Year Have You Bought Online?
1-3 7 43.75%
4-6 2 12.50%
7-10 2 12.50%
10+ 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up GreenMeanieGuitars.com - OFFICIAL THREAD

Hey.... What's Up Guitar Players!

My name is Eric, I have been playing guitar for 18 years. I first wanted to learn when I was 11 years old and my parents took my sister and I to the music store to rent her a guitar because she was in high school and playing guitar was the cool thing to do. They ended up buying her a black Epiphone acoustic and renting me an Ovation. Her guitar was nice, mine had high action and rusty strings. At the time, I didn't really know any better, so I learned on that thing, eventually 2 months later when my sister quit, I got that nice black Epi, wow this is how a guitar should be ... I played that guitar everyday for about 8 years, it went with me everwhere, until some guy at a party when I was a senior in high school, paid another guy at our rival school to smash my guitar against a lightpole... that sucked, but then I got a Taylor and life was good again.

After that I went to Southern Illinois and studied Classical Guitar, I messed up my left hand there practicing too much (take breaks) and I didn't play for 2 years, during that time I learned to build websites, eventually my hand got better, I started playing out at some open mics, met a guy who owned a guitar store and he hired me as a teacher, where I taught hundreds of people of all ages how to rock on the guitar.

Once I could play again, I went to Columbia college where I studied music theory and performance, during this time I also had a web design/ecommerce/marketing company. Between staying up all night building my business and then going to school, I eventually cracked, had a
breakdown and decided to pursue my business and dropped out of school. While this was a hard, maybe foolish decision (stay in school!), things have been working out ok for me, my business has flourished & I have helped many other people build their businesses.

After starting, building selling many of my own online businesses, and helping 2 of my customers acheive multi-million dollar yearly sales from their websites I decided it was time to do what I wanted to do

My passion has always been guitars, I wanted to start an online guitar store, but didn't know where to start. Let me tell you right now, it was not easy and that my original vision has changed and is still changing everyday, this new dream is alive and awesome!

Ok, so how did Green Meanie Guitars come to conception?

Since I have always been buying and selling guitars about 2 years ago I started going to a local antique fair and buying guitars. Old acoustics, Tiesco's, Squier's and sometimes some really rare good stuff. As I was buying this stuff at the antique fair, I would sell it via Craigslist or ****. Then my obsession got deeper, I started getting up at 5am on Saturday and Sunday's to 'beat' the other guitar shoppers and make sure I got all the 'good' stuff.

I ended up filling my entire apartment with guitars, literally 20-30 guitars, in my apartment. I would polish them all up, restring them and resell them. I would then sell them and I was consistently moving through inventory and making some good money, but the best part was, I loved doing this and could be in heaven doing this for the rest of my life.

After a few good months of 2 weeks in a row where I sold about 20 guitars a week, I decided hey, I gotta make a website and save some **** fees and get more exposure. So, I built GreenMeanieGuitars.com - why the name? I have owned MANY Jem's, love Vai, love the Green Meanie guitar, and could always see my logo as a picture when I envisioned the word. I really love the way the logo looks, please let me know your thoughts!

So back to the site, I loaded it up with all the rest of my used guitars and what happened... schucks.... I sold out!

Now I got this website I have paid a ton of money and put in a ton of time to build and have NO more inventory. Now it gets worse... the antique fair is over in a week, ok craigslist, well craigslist I have to monitor, make deals, drive to pickup, it is a pain, plus as I thought about it more, Chicago winters are not nice, not good for driving all over, and on the Horizon, it will be snowing soon... I need inventory and a supply like water.

So I called my buddy who owns the guitar store where I used to work. This guy is one of the best dudes I have ever known, he is a drummer, owns a music store, and is just super nice and the definition of cool. It is really hard to meet dudes like this, one in a billion. Not only is this guy nice and cool, he has an ocean of guitars that need selling. Can you say "perfect"!

This was only a few weeks ago, today is (12/2/09), so things are moving rapidy. Right now I am proud to announce that we are carrying the entire Cort line of guitars. We just finished a deal with Washburn and will be adding their guitars too. Most all guitarists are familiar with Washburn, but there is a lot of mystery behind Cort guitar: who are they, are they good, do they sound good, etc.

Let me put this all to rest. Cort guitars ROCK! They have incredible build quality, sound great, come with a Lifetime Warranty from Cort. Cort actually builds most of the imported guitars from the Big Dogs(Ibanez, Fender, Gibson), they just relabel them with the manufacturer who funds the build. So in essence, you are paying for a name, because Cort probably built the guitar anyways! Now that you know you will be happy with the quality and sound of Cort's, let me tell you why you should buy your Cort from Green Meanie Guitars.

Cort's main warehouse is located between my location and my buddy's shop and my buddy just so happens to be best buds with the guys at Cort, they have been doing business together forever 10 years! We are in personal contact with the Cort company. Why is this important to you? Well, Cort offers a Lifetime Warranty on their guitars, this means if there is a defect, they will fix it or replace the guitar. While anyone who is an Authorized Cort Dealer you buy from can help you with this, if an issue ever arises, we are in direct, constant connection with Cort, this means, we take care of issues fast and effectively.

Fast and effective is part of our companies mission. We strive to have the fastest and most effective systems to give our customers the answers they need to make an educated buying decision, and communication, to follow through the sale by providing safe and super fast shipping.

There are many people working with Green Meanie Guitars, but most of the internet stuff is on my shoulders, so you will most likely be dealing with me directly.

I hope this forum provides my company with a place to answer all your questions, providing feedback and customer testimonials who have purchase our guitars and used our services.

Things in the work: adding more guitars, cases, amps, and adding an affiliate program, where you can sign up for free and promote our products to earn cash. If you are interested in joining our affiliate program, watch our site and this forum for details.

If you have any questions, please use this forum, our site live chat or contact me directly via phone or email.

One more thing, this is the internet right? We are open 24 hours! If you have any questions about our products or your order, call us, even if it is 2 in the morning, if we are available, we will answer, if not, leave a message and we will call you back.

~ Eric
[email protected]

GreenMeanieGuitars.com
Chicago, IL

888-641-3421 - Toll Free Guitar Hotline!
773-293-6509 - Local

[email protected]
[email protected]

http://GreenMeanieGuitars.com

P.S. - Big Ups to the owner of Jemsite for this awesome opportunity. Also use coupon code "Jemsite" and save $10 off your purchase!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 08:04 PM

Re: GreenMeanieGuitars.com - OFFICIAL THREAD

I'm at 10+. Most from Rich, I think but a few from Jemsite and 1 off the RacerX forums and 2 off the 'bay. Damn, I bought too many guitars this year!
Closed Thread

Tags
cort guitars , green meanie , green meanie guitars , guitar store , washburn guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode