Guitar not sent by Robert Tipton - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Guitar not sent by Robert Tipton

I purchased an Ibanez RG20062 Puzzletop guitar of Robert Tipton from his Bonanza account under the name MR Scary i transfered the money into his bank account and it has been over two months and he hasn't sent the guitar.
I have emailed him on his various addresses and now on his jemsite address and he replies what guitar?
I also have tried calling him numerous times and he doesn't answer it always goes to message bank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 05:25 AM

Re: Guitar not sent by Robert Tipton

This is AlaskaBat?

mgaff, contact your bank to request a return of funds. They might be able to do that.

Last edited by Ibateur; 05-30-2012 at 05:31 AM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 06:17 AM

Reviews: 1

You probably bought from a scammer using his name and his photos. There seems to be a surge of these lately. Either that or they've always been here and I haven't noticed.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwirk View Post
You probably bought from a scammer using his name and his photos. There seems to be a surge of these lately. Either that or they've always been here and I haven't noticed.
It clearly was him, so don't make excuses.

http://affiliates.bonanza.com/users/...user_feedbacks
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwirk View Post
I ran a Google search, and saw a BUNCH of my stuff!
One even led to an eBay listing of a DY--which I don't have--but the seller used info from an RG570 ad I had years ago.
I highly suggest people start looking for pics of their stuff on Google and locking them down. That said--please don't jump to conclusions and point fingers. Contact your bank!
Just ran another Google search--most of the top hits come from pics posted on Jemsite.
Start watermarking pics!

Last edited by AlaskaBat; 05-30-2012 at 11:53 AM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 12:14 PM

How do you track down your own pics being used by some one else ?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
How do you track down your own pics being used by some one else ?
Google search for a model you own. If you ever posted pics of it--you'll probably find it. It may depend on any tags, too--like if you posted it as say, Jem 777 DY. Or, if the model is the file name.
For kicks, Google "purple Ibanez" most of mine will pop up.
I'm now trying to pinpoint all places my photos are posted to "sterilize" them.
Remember the LNG I got over a year ago? I found pics of it in someone's eBay ad over the winter.
I had to contact eBay with proof they were my pics, but they did remove the listing.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 02:28 PM

This sucks for mgaf666. Appears he got taken for a ride. Hope he has a friend or relative in the US who can help him out, as that is certainly criminal.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Banned

All he has to do, is backtrack through the site he bought it from--that's where to start, not jumping to conclusions here. It also depends on how long it's been. There may be customs waits involved, etc. Who knows...

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 03:15 PM

Believe he said he paid in February. That's VERY LONG ago. I do not know if he did appropriate due diligence (i.e. photo evidence). Bank transfers to unknown/untrusted sellers is not the best thing to do, especially considering they are hard to reverse after a certain point in time.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
Believe he said he paid in February. That's VERY LONG ago. I do not know if he did appropriate due diligence (i.e. photo evidence). Bank transfers to unknown/untrusted sellers is not the best thing to do, especially considering they are hard to reverse after a certain point in time.
...which is why I've always used Paypal or Google Checkout--protection for both sides.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 04:02 PM

From outside the US, sometime ago, that protection didn't work for me. Credit card with Paypal probably the best sort of protection.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 04:02 PM

Actually paypal only protects the buyer.

Tags
rg20062 puzzletop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode