HELP! New website host needed ASAFP! - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

HELP! New website host needed ASAFP!

The idiots at Abaco [used to be Yahoo but they changed the name or sold it] suspended my site claiming malware activity. No notice, no opportunity to run a malware program on the site, nothing, just kill me! Since there is zero malware on my computer and everything on my site was loaded from my PC, I can't imagine where it came from, if it actually existed!! At any rate, they're making me delete the whole site to load it again?! Which is actually taking hours itself.

At 10k/second and pauses to "recognize" that's going to be days to load 13GB back into a server.

So now appears to be the perfect opportunity to change hosts to one I don't completely HATE. Any recommendation for who you'd consider the consensus best host, price, reliability, customer service, servers in the US, and Customer Service in the US!! [nothing against Indians but I'm tired of trying to decipher the accent every time I have to call CS, which is far too often with as many problems I've had with them.

I'm just going to load a couple pages which I'll put notices on and be out of business for a few days until it's loaded in the new home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 09:09 PM

Re: HELP! New website host needed ASAFP!

A2Hosting is really good. I have multiple VPS through them. Zero issues, quick/good quality support, etc..

I can recommend a great web dev too if you need one. Plus he plays guitar.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Thanks!

I probably should have asked, do any of them support Frontpage

Yea, it's THAT OLD
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 09:38 PM

I would just use a heavily customized WordPress template + WooCommerce to power your eCommerce stuff. WooCommerce/WordPress are both super easy to use.

The one thing you should definitely look into is how a host swap will affect your SEO. You should try to make sure your URL structure stays the same, otherwise you'll lose ranking on Google.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

You IT guys keep talking French.

I'm more concerned with getting the site back up immediately than doing anything with it while I do. So nothing is going to change but the DNS.

I checked A2, I like the SSD servers for sure.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

I wasn't thinking on the FP extensions, or a full reload none of them are going to work anyway, they only worked while they were still loaded with the HOST FROM HELL, which is why I stayed so long. So it's not an issue, most of the pages won't have headers but the pages that matter will.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 09:55 PM

Do you want the name of the dev I use? I can PM it to you if you'd like. I have gone through like 10 devs and he is the best. He always shoots me a detailed list of the work he did and how long it took, plus every time he's quoted me for work, he always ends up taking less time than he quoted. He works pretty much all day every day too, based out of Texas. I just skype him whenever and he usually has the task done within a few hours.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

You'd have to explain what a dev is first, is that short for Deva?

Developer?? I'm guessing but it makes sense, since I evidently don't speak the kings English.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 10:30 PM

Yeah web developer!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

We don't need no stinkin developers, look at my site!

Just paid for A2, searching gives me headaches, nothing like a good recommendation and reading a couple reviews. I do love me some SSD's! Thanks. You saved me 4 hours of indecision.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 10:50 PM

Least I can do for all the killer jem/uv advice over the years!
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Holy smokes it's loading 10 times faster than THE HOST FROM HELL!! It may even be way faster than that, it's 13.3G so I've got the clock on it, but just single 300k jpg's would take 5+ seconds and these are just flying thru in micros!
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 11:15 PM

Awesome, good to hear it worked out
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

It'll work out when you can click on my banner and my site appears, but I'm liking this so far. I really appreciate it!! I needed to get loaded and back up fast, not sit around and anal-ize hosts, reviews, etc, etc. Couple glitches getting my FTP to hook up but tech answered after 2 rings, which is another absolute plus.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 11:34 PM

Yeah they are pretty good that way. BTW they have a free malware removal utility I forgot to mention.

Tags
host , servers , web host

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode