Help on seller selling UV777GR? - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Help on seller selling UV777GR?

Hi, I advertised on a swedish site to buy a UV777GR and after about a week I get a reply from a guy named Keith White, London UK saying he's got one for sale.
Fair enough - I ask to have pic's and he sends pic's on a uv777pbk and asks for €700. Now...
1. that is very cheap for what it is. and
2. Not at all what he said he's got.
I reply to him stating that, and he get's back to me saying that yes he HAS got a uv777gr (after I sent him a pic of one showing what they look like) and lo and behold. I get pic's back, that I now have found here on jemsite of a uv777gr....asking how much I'd offer for it.
By now I seriously believe this is a scam, but perhaps this guy actually is on Jemsite? Anyone know of him? Or if you haven't, I should probably warn you cause this feels like a scam I'd have to say. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Vendor

Re: Help on seller selling UV777GR?

Sound like the same piece of sh!t that was trying to sell me my own guitars.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 04:08 PM

He doesn't have to be a member of Jemsite to steal pics from Jemsite.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 04:27 PM

Reviews: 21

If you can post the pics, maybe someone here can say they own that particular GR and that will answer your question....€700 is a bit to cheap though!!! Best of luck!!!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

I wonder where the devil he picked up (and why) on a swedish website though...i still believe he's a con...excerpt from emailconversation:

"Thanks for your Email (note: he contacted me first saying who he was, where he lived and that he had the guitar in exc cond for sale etc) and i have attached a pics of my IBANEZ UNIVERSE UV777GR for you to see and still in Great Condition and Perfectly OK,with No rust or dust it As a Great Sound and i will be asking 700Euro and if still interested i will need to know your complete home address and phone Number to calculate the shipping cost to your doorstep,thanks"

THIS IS WHERE HE SENT PIC'S OF THE WRONG GUITAR

"Hi Keith,
that is a nice guitar - however it is not a uv777GR, it is a uv777PBK...
The one I am looking for was made only in the early 90's, hence I didn't expect a reply for a couple of months. If I was looking for a PBK I would've bought yours instantly cause 700 euro + shipping is dirtcheap!! That version sells for around €1200 in Sweden in used condition.
So sorry for the misunderstanding and good luck selling your guitar, with your price it won't be long before it's sold I'm sure
Thanks anyhow and Best Regards"

COULD'VE BEEN AN HONEST MISTAKE RIGHT IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE ETC...THEN I GET THE FOLLOWING...

"Thanks for your Email and your price of 700Euro is OK by me,if still interested in uv777GR i still have that for sales,and Let me know how much to offer? thanks"

HUH?!

"Hi,
ok - I'm a bit confused now...you DO have a uv777GREEN for sale or...?
The one you sent picures of was the uv777PBK which is not of interest for me....
But if you have an org early 90's green universe with mapleneck/fretboard, then yes i am interested. But I want to see pic's of that one first."

NOT ONLY SEE THE PIC'S BUT THE GUY AS WELL COZ NO WAY I'M SENDING MY CASH ABROAD TO THIS GUY...

"Thanks for your Email and i have attached a Pics for you,if you are interested in this? please Let me know thanks"
THIS EMAIL CAME WITH 3PIC'S LIFTED FROM JEMSITE

I was suspicious when the wrong pic's came to begin with but hey, could've been an honest mistake if you just know that your guitar has 7strings...but the rest? If KEITH WHITE is not a fake, then I am [email protected]@dy Gandhi! Beware!! (of the guy, not me or gandhi)

I guess this means I am still looking for a UV777GR (rich, let me know when you get hold of one )
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Right, the 777GR pic's, since he lifted them from this site I'll just paste the links here...

ok, that didn't work because I only have 4 posts so far....
just go to the gallery of the uv777gr, it's the fullbodyshot of the guitar that seems to be standing on a bench...you'll see the one I mean.

then a closeup on the headstock and a 2nd one on the pickups/trem etc - all closeups from the same pic. Well definitely the headstock at least, coz u can see a little rosepetal by the headstock on the fullbody pic as well - exactly the same. All in rather high quality though, so sure there's still a chance there's a Keith in london owning this guitar, but he hasn't convinced me yet. If he does i'll probably be ashamed for a long time badmouthing him here first....
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 04:55 PM

Letīs face it: If you can buy a Uv77mc or Uv777gr for $ 700,- you just know itīs a scam.

We all like to be that lucky guy that finds a bargain, but realistic prices are realistic deals.

You did the right thing mate and good luck hunting a Uv777gr down. @sevenstring.org there are loads of uvīs for sale. Keep that site nearby.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll check into 7string.org...and the price for the uv777gr? Well, I just assumed he meant €700 for the pbk version, but you're right. He probably meant €700 for the gr, he just didn't know what it was - and I didn't connect straight away.

Well, just for the sake of it I asked to have more pic's on the serialnumber etc taken with a date on the pic's as well...interesting to see if he'll answer that mail...if he does I'll post it in here...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Vendor

It's the same asshat. Don't even waste your time with him.

Never even start to get into the fine points of any deal until you've seen several pictures with YOUR NAME written on a piece of paper in the shot.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Never even start to get into the fine points of any deal until you've seen several pictures with YOUR NAME written on a piece of paper in the shot.
That is an awesome piece of advice!!!!!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

That's a good tip actually, I'll keep that in mind! Thanks
btw, i recently started looking for one, anyone has any "feel" for how often these bad boys pop up for sale? I'll eventually get a jem777lng as well, but maybe I should do it the other way around...?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domedagsbarn View Post
btw, i recently started looking for one, anyone has any "feel" for how often these bad boys pop up for sale?
Once a year or so. Maybe...
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 07:25 PM

Well consider that there are 777 lng's and 340 uvgr's!!! Odds are in favour of finding a lng!!!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:36 PM

You've got a better chance of scoring an LNG before you score a GR, by far. I see LNGs for sale a lot, not so much with the GR. I got lucky with mine, one popped up on eBay on APRIL FOOL'S DAY and I B.I.N.ed it straight away.

Good luck, man. They're amazing guitars. Definitely a different animal from the rest of the early '90s UVs.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcord View Post
...Good luck, man. They're amazing guitars. Definitely a different animal from the rest of the early '90s UVs.
So true. I have owned two. The first one got stolen at the end of a tour in the mid 90's. I got that one new on blow out for 900.00 US. It was signed by Billy Sheenan of all people. I miss that one I got lucky and got a slightly thrashed, but awesome playing one about 4 or 5 years ago for 850.00. It just needed the bridge pick up re dipped. They do not come along very often, but keep your eyes out for one, you will be glad you did! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode