Ibanez Jem7vwh Fake - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez Jem7vwh Fake

Hey Ev1. I am an Ibanez player and recently bought another one, a JEM7VWH....I think. I am now worried it is a counterfeit copy. It says on several discusions I have read, that all of the Jem7v models are made in Japan? Mine says on the front of the headstock Ibanez Jem and on the back it says:

MADE DY KOREA
TEAM J. CRAFT
FO601888
MADE IN KOREA

Can anyone tell me if this is a valid model of a Jem7vwh? The trem says Ibanez on the side and Licenced Under Floyd Rose Pats. It is a match to pics I have found and has the vine extending all the way to the end of the neck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Re: Ibanez Jem7vwh Fake

Thanks for the reply (elsewhere when I screwed up how to post) Alaskabat. I kind of already knew deep down it was a copy. I will have to be more careful in the future, researching what I buy. I got the fake Jem for $800 from a guy wanting $1600 for it, hopefully its worth at least part of what I paid for it. It appears to have most of the real components of the actual Jem7v and is a beautiful copy....if nothing else.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 12:11 PM

Unfortunately, it's a fake.
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 12:12 PM

Realistically, it's almost worthless. Actual components less than $100
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Geez, it must be worth something, the pick-ups are Dimarzio, it has a 5 piece neck, Ibanez tuners, Ibanez style trem.....etc.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 01:43 PM

Reviews: 2

Well the 5piece neck is cut in no way as it should, The Dimarzios just says that on the cover. No Ibanez trem,a bad fake made of bad brass i would guess. I bet you can't intonate it or make it play good. I agree that it's close to wortless.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 01:45 PM

Reviews: 2

Check this out and you'll see what S**t it is.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f15/th...-106725-8.html
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by riptooth View Post
Geez, it must be worth something, the pick-ups are Dimarzio, it has a 5 piece neck, Ibanez tuners, Ibanez style trem.....etc.
No--the DiMarzios are fake, too.
Look at the thread in the post above.
You'll see what you really got.
Follow the advice I sent you.
You "may" be able to do something about it.
PM me the info I suggested in my message, and we'll see what can be done.

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

I have contacted the seller and will check with a lawyer/ police to see if there is any recourse I can do....to get rid of it. I want a Jem and can afford to buy a real one, at leasst I got him down $200 because of nicks in the body so I'm only out $800. He wanted $1600, but I got him down to $1000 because he needed the $$ for Xmas. A copy is not something I want, even though it looks good at 60 MPH on a galloping horse. I guess its back to playing my other Ibanez, the fake Jem has left a sour taste to even pick up and play. Merry Christmas Ev1, hopefully the thread will at least help others not to fall prey to the evils of copied Ibanez Jems.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 03:45 PM

If you paid using paypal file a dospute. If over craigslist tell the seller you'll be taking this to the police unless he refunds ALL your money including shipping expenses. Make it clear you will do what is neccessary to get your money back and dont believe amy bull**** SOB stories he tells you. At the end of the day he scammed you.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

The sale was made locally for cash, I won't be able to do much till after christmas I would be guessing.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 04:06 PM

Do you have emails saved? You should start the process sooner than later.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Yes, I have emails, text messages and his phone number from calls. I am Canadian though, so laws could be different than some of you might expect.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 04:26 PM

Im canadian too....

Basically if you have the emails still its very easy to get your money back.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

I just messaged him in an email and a text message, he knows he can't hide. He has answered in an email, saying he didn't know. I requested he refund me before I take legal action and he ends up in trouble. I will give him a chance to come clean with me, but if I see him advertising it as a real Jem again, I will probably report him.

Tags
ibanez jem7vwh copy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode