Ibanez RG8250 valuation - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez RG8250 valuation

Hi there,

Considering selling my RG8270 J-Custom series guitar. Comes with DiMarzio Tonezones in the Neck (HB) and mid (single) and in the bridge, I've changed it to a Bareknuckle Rebel Yell (HB).

Apologise about the basic picture, but I just wondered what price range I should be looking at selling it for. I'll take some better ones soon. (Pic is attached to the post).

V.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IB.jpg (38.7 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by inexplicablylongname; 10-02-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 09:09 AM

Re: Ibanez RG8250 valuation

RG8250??? No such guitar. Do you mean RG8270??
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Ooops it would appear so! It is the RG8270 in Onyx Black.

Last edited by inexplicablylongname; 10-02-2011 at 12:41 PM.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inexplicablylongname View Post
Ooops it would appear so! It is the RG8270 in Onyx Black.
Nice guitar!! What condition is it in, dings/scrapes/fretwear????? Does it come with the OHSC and COA???
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

It's in great condition, a couple of small dings in the wood work (and I mean small) fret wear is minimal as it's not been played all that much (and they're steel I believe) and theres a little wear to the rear metal plate that goes over the trem mechanism, and the tone knob get's caught a little when turning around, but that's a small fix I believe.

What is a OHSC and COA?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
It's in great condition, a couple of small dings in the wood work (and I mean small) fret wear is minimal as it's not been played all that much (and they're steel I believe) and theres a little wear to the rear metal plate that goes over the trem mechanism, and the tone knob get's caught a little when turning around, but that's a small fix I believe.

What is a OHSC and COA?
Original Hardshell case and Certificate of Authenticity.

If you have those you should expect to get anywhere between £900-£1100 for it. You have to take into account the economic downturn which has hit the price of used guitars. Last few J Customs I've seen sell in the UK in good nick with OHSC etc have went for around the price I've quoted.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

OK. thanks for your help. Yes it does indeed come with the original hard shell case but what does the certificate look like?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
OK. thanks for your help. Yes it does indeed come with the original hard shell case but what does the certificate look like?
Glad to be of help. When are you putting guitar up for sale??

BTW You can see the J Custom Certificate in case, far left in pic below:

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

I've never seen a certificate before and I bought it brand new from GAK - I can only presume they didn't send one with it! I don't have warranty cards either... I've really carefully preserved all the documentation I got with it, including the tags I believe, so I'm surprised the other bits weren't included. Do you think this will affect its worth?

I'm planning on doing it in the next couple of weeks or so. It's been a while since I've sold a guitar online; is ebay the way forward, or just listing it straight on here?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I've never seen a certificate before and I bought it brand new from GAK - I can only presume they didn't send one with it! I don't have warranty cards either... I've really carefully preserved all the documentation I got with it, including the tags I believe, so I'm surprised the other bits weren't included. Do you think this will affect its worth?

I'm planning on doing it in the next couple of weeks or so. It's been a while since I've sold a guitar online; is ebay the way forward, or just listing it straight on here?
It's nice to get the certificate etc with them but I can't imagine it being a total dealbreaker for anyone. The cert not being present would only have a minimal effect on the price.

Selling a guitar on ebay does give it great exposure but the ebay/paypal fees have got pretty expensive. If you were to list the guitar in the Classifieds on here you can't have it on ebay at the same time and you'd have to post an asking price. There are other free websites in the UK you could try like GuitarMart, Preloved, Gumtree etc.

Tags
ibanez j custom rg8250

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode