Indonesia buyers & other online fraud - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Indonesia buyers & other online fraud

I did a forum search on Indonesia and found a few things, and it sounds like it's mostly bad news. Has anyone had a good Indonesian experience? A man (e-mail name is [email protected], e-bay name jozgandoz, real name Steven Ariyanto) wants to pay 'top dollar' for an Ernie Ball I was selling, and he says he'll pay through credit card. He wants FedEx Priority International shipping...I'm sorry, but after reading all of the jemsite posts these are all sending off alarms in my head, but has anyone dealt with this guy, or had any good dealings with Indonesia? Thanks!
~Adam

Last edited by jemsite; 12-30-2004 at 09:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 10:31 PM

Three words, Don't do it.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 11:18 PM

tell him you'll accept his credit card if he sends you the whole card - with cash wrapped around it.
post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 11:26 PM

No way. And I'd have two words back to him
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 01:29 AM
Vendor

Have him send you the card so you can swipe it down the crack of your a$$!

There are no "honest" deals from Indonesia, and Eastern Europe is heating up with fraud again [they all want Western Union payments].

Of course they'll pay you top dollar, they'll pay you twice top dollar, what does it matter to them, they aren't paying for it, nobody is [but you when you end up screwed]
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 06:32 AM

yeah man , stay well clear from indonesian deals , my mate got screwed over , someone offered him 2 grand for a guitar he was only asking 800 dollars for , he was stupid to accept it , i think he just got dollar signs in his eye balls or something.... but, there literally aren't any honest deals from there
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Phew, thank goodness for you guys! I told him someone much closer to me decided to take the guitar...but why on earth are these people so interested in high end guitars, why not diamonds or laptops or anything else sort of valuable?
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 12:08 PM

instruments can be less traceable and less unique I guess.
Things like diamonds arent going to be sold willy nilly either.
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 02:05 AM

Reviews: 11
I just did a deal with a guy from Indonesia and it (so far) has gone fine. He emailed me his credit card number with address, full name, etc. The card was accepted and the money is now in my bank account.

Any reason I should not send the guitar and refund his money?

-CD
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 02:15 AM
Vendor

Dude, it's a stolen credit card #. Sure the money is in the bank, until they take it away with a chargeback when they discover it's stolen [which was about *9* weeks later in my case!] If you ship the guitar you're screwed. Refund the money [and you already got bit for the credit card fees, twice]. If you want to be absolutely positive ask for the Customer Service # on the card, see if they give it to you. And even if they do most of the Asian banks will not verify cardholder names as part of cardmember security, which is absolutely no help [and a very expensive international call]. You lost money the second you got into the deal.
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 04:24 AM
Banned

I have a question regarding something similar. Bank wire transfers. Once the money is in your account, is all good, or should I wait for a specific amount of time?
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 12:35 PM
Vendor

AFAIK they haven't figured out how to scam the banks yet
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 12:53 PM
Banned

Thanks.
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 07:39 PM

Reviews: 11
I ran the guy's card via ICVERIFY and dumped the funds into my bank account. They don't have my bank account info, thus how can they take the funds out?

Thanks,
-CD
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Vendor

I have no idea what ICVERIFY is, does it come with a guarantee that if the card is stolen it's their problem and not yours? here's what you can be guaranteed merchant accounts will do to aid you in this situation, absoluelty nothing.

You can take the advice or not, you can believe what you wish, but if you ship that guitar I don't want to read a thread from you here in 3 months where you're crying about getting ripped off. You [and everybody that has read this thread and any others like it] have been warned, but you're an adult and can do as you please
Closed Thread

Tags
ernie ball , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode