Jem 10th Deal Still Incomplete - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Jem 10th Deal Still Incomplete

As many of you already know, I was screwed in the sale of a Jem10th about 10 months ago. I am still waiting for the money.

After offering assistance to the buyer, and following legal process the case finally went to court and you can see the results by clicking on the link below:

Slossar vs. ?

CLICK ON "SEARCH BY PARTY NAME" AND ENTER MY LAST NAME "SLOSSAR" AND FIRST NAME "KIRK"

The plaintiff never showed in court and the judgement was ruled in my favor after providing sufficient proof of the debt.

A word to the wise - when you file your claim, you CAN include any travel expenses provided that the total cost does not exceed the small claims limitations. I was informed of this by the magistrate when the case was heard.

One more note, "The People's Court" television show contacted me and offered to televise this case. They offered to pay the judgement as well as travel expenses and $250 for appearing. The plaintiff declined to have them pay the judgement!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 10:33 AM
EKG

What happens now?
The court ruled the same as we all did.
How do you collect?
If the defendent did the People's Court, his debt to you would be paid
EKG is online  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 03:18 PM
Vendor

I guess his high powered attorney was too busy trying to keep Martha Stewart out of jail to show up

What a putz, and as usual, he was all talk and no action. I see the judgement set $35/wk. for payoff, let us know when he makes his first payment
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

RICH:

If he still doesn't pay there are more things I can do to collect.

I can: Complete an application for wage, property or bank execution and file with the clerk of the court where the judgment was entered. An execution authorizes a proper officer to attach the debtor's wages, his or her nonexempt personal property or the debtor's bank account. (This does not include real estate.) A judgment may be enforced up to 10 years from the date of judgment.

It might not be worth while for some people to pursue this type of action. However for me, it's really not been an inconvenience for me - except for not getting my money.

If he'd done the People's Court thing he would have been ahead $250 plus a nice lunch and an all expense paid trip to New York City. I highly recommend against dealing with him - and watch out because he's also into Petruccis and audiophile stuff as well.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 10:36 AM
Vendor

No doubt he'll make you force him to pay. A-holes with that much integrity don't willingly part with money they owe, especially after they skip court because they know they're going to loose anyway. Keep us posted
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 10:59 AM

Reviews: 1
Good for you Kirk, I think I would have opted the less noble route and done something to get myself in trouble, but I'm glad to hear you stuck with it and beat this loser. I think you should garnish his wages and see if the payroll department will list the payment as "Deadbeat tax"

Keep us informed of your progress.

Bamm
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 12:55 PM
Ibanez endorsed

Dude that is unreal the he decided not to go to the People's Court thing. My dad had a case against a person that was a renter of one of his houses and he did the People's Court thing (except it was "Lawcourt" or some cheesy offshoot TV show). They paid for him and the Defendant to go to California, paid for hotel expenses, AND paid the settlement. WHY would the guy not want to do it. He gets a free vacation AND gets his debt paid for!!!! What a [email protected]!!!!! Guy is just being a jerk now!! Unless of course he did not want to get humiliated on TV!!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

not a dime!

Still has not paid a dime.

I am filing executions on his wages (if he's working) and against his bank. His employer will have to automatically deduct the judgement from his check, or his bank will take any deposits from him and send them to me.

This $200 is going to wind up costing him well over that with interest and any amounts that I have to pay to find out where works, proper officer, filing fees etc.

This has become a little bit of a hobby for me at this point.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 08:59 PM
Ibanez endorsed

lol Get him!!!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 09:06 PM
Vendor

You didn't REALLY expect him to freely part with his hard stolen cash did you?!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 12:27 AM

That's awesome... glad to see the system may actually work out for the best : )
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Re: Jem 10th Deal Still Incomplete

15 years later and Geno never paid a dime. LMAO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in