JEM SK to be bewared. - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Reviews: 14
JEM SK to be bewared.

Hi guys,

I posted a thread last week that I want to buy JEM SK. I got an offer from bryancap77 who has a good itrade feedback here, but the deal hasn't closed yet.

Today I surf on the bay and find this SK which is the same guitar, same serial number and same mark as the picture I got from bryancap77 a week ago. I thought he just posted on the bay, but he said he has not. Strange...

Item number: 320763734457

I am kindda trust with bryancap77 and trying to close the deal with him. If you guys try to buy this one from the bay. Please be bewared. (or should i be bewared.. lol)

Regards,
Choo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: JEM SK to be bewared.

You can't see the serial number in the pics of that listing. Small chips on the tip of the headstock are common, so how are you sure it's the same guitar? Are they the SAME pics Bryan sent you? Nice to see someone keeping an eye out, and trying to help others avoid a bad deal--but I don't see what's wrong with it.

post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
You can't see the serial number in the pics of that listing. Small chips on the tip of the headstock are common, so how are you sure it's the same guitar? Are they the SAME pics Bryan sent you? Nice to see someone keeping an eye out, and trying to help others avoid a bad deal--but I don't see what's wrong with it.
Serial number #881985 is cleared to be seen once you click enlarge the picture. (pic#7) Its the same number I got from Bryan.

I wrote to Bryan and he said he's gonna contact this seller. Just hope all friends here wont get a bad deal.

This one I got from Bryan.

This one from the seller.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 03:07 PM

Almost cool serial, 881985, just three more would be nice for an '88.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
There are 2 rows of pics in the ad. You have to scroll down under the 'enlarge' icon to see the second row.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
Almost cool serial, 881985, just three more would be nice for an '88.
Agreed :-)
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 06:42 PM

Good looking out!!!!!!
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Banned

Good spot! Even the wear pattern on the plate is the same! Something is seriously wrong here. One thing to not--the seller has over 600 positive feedbacks and sitting at 100%
I didn't see Bryan list that guitar in our classifieds either, so who knows what the deal is. Sounds like Bryan needs to get with that seller and has this out.

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

The seller seems to have this SK for real. I wrote him to shoot a pic of this SK with one of another guitars he is selling and he did it.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 01:22 AM

Possible solution. Bryancap777 got this for sale locally and it's on display in that store?
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
Possible solution. Bryancap777 got this for sale locally and it's on display in that store?
Nope! I too, spoke with the seller. He provided pics of the guitar upon request, and told me where and when he got it. Bryan is in MO, and the seller got it yesterday from a pawn shop in Florida. This isn't adding up at all.

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

Quote:
Nope! I too, spoke with the seller. He provided pics of the guitar upon request, and told me where and when he got it. Bryan is in MO, and the seller got it yesterday from a pawn shop in Florida. This isn't adding up at all.
cleared! lucky me!!
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Indeed. So. What does Bryan say?
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 06:23 AM

Reviews: 1

Ebay Seller Now has this posted right in his discription!

(copy and pasted from add!)

I have not seen a lot of these for sale so don't think for too long before you make a decision, lol! It has come to my attention that there are some people borrowing my pictures to make faulty ads. I took one pic with my Brian Moore(currently in my store) to prove I am the REAL owner. Thanks

When you buy from me, expect to receive what you see in the pics. I know the feeling of buying something sight unseen only to find out the seller was not that accurate. I have been selling on Ebay for more than a decade and I am only happy when you are happy!
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

Yeah--the seller was pretty upset about it--can't blame him for adding that info. When buying from anywhere--if suspicion arises, always have the seller put your name on a piece of paper in a pic with the guitar for proof.

Tags
jem sk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode