JEM777LNG #771 (ebay fraud dec 2003) - Page 5 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Chris[/quote]

Soaking in WD40 may work,i've not tried it myself,but i know a tool coating firm locally,and i worked for them a while back,and they do a coating which is as close to black as is possible ;-) I had my old lo-pro done and they coating is great

If you need the coating in future gimme a shout,as a favour ;-)

Rob[/quote]

I might have to do it, cause the guy is not collaborating at all

He basicly told me i was a bad person He said he owned 3 guitar centers and many other businesses. If he keeps this up, he wont be in business for long.

Thanks for the tip

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Vendor

More lies, he owns a tatoo parlor

Leave him the negative feedback now. Fight the purchase with paypal and when the time comes file the ebay claim for fraud. Personally I would trek my butt down to NY and drag him into small claims, only takes a day and you can do all the preliminary stuff by mail.
post #63 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 03:55 PM

Have you got a link to the original auction page, or the auction number?
post #64 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAorama
Have you got a link to the original auction page, or the auction number?
Yeah i do, here it is:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2579536707

Chris
post #65 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
More lies, he owns a tatoo parlor

Leave him the negative feedback now. Fight the purchase with paypal and when the time comes file the ebay claim for fraud. Personally I would trek my butt down to NY and drag him into small claims, only takes a day and you can do all the preliminary stuff by mail.
His feedback is private What a guy, nobody will see his bad rep, but i`ll leave it anyway. I wont let this one go bye.

I`ll keep you posted,thanks.

Chris
post #66 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Vendor

Nevermind on the feedback, he's now "Not a registered user" on that account, now that he has his tonystat2 account.
post #67 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 02:40 PM

His description is certainly a lie, and his pictures don't look as bad as the ones you showed us, but you can see the rust on the trem and nut, particularily in the headstock picture, the fretboard looks dirty, but not like what you've shown. I'd definitely say he jacked you, I just tried dealing with Paypal on an issue and they basically told me better luck next time I hope things work out for you, where in Canada are you located?

post #68 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreenman
His description is certainly a lie, and his pictures don't look as bad as the ones you showed us, but you can see the rust on the trem and nut, particularily in the headstock picture, the fretboard looks dirty, but not like what you've shown. I'd definitely say he jacked you, I just tried dealing with Paypal on an issue and they basically told me better luck next time I hope things work out for you, where in Canada are you located?

I`m just besides Ottawa.15 min. actually. I did notice the rust on the nut and the dirt around the pegs, but for a 17 year old guitar and by "HIS" description, i said that`s a pretty good deal. The trem shot he had was nothing close to realistic and the neck has to be "FEELED" to really understand it`s condition. I just hope Paypal honors there buyer protection plan. If not, there the worst god d*** bunch of liers. With there buy with confidence with Paypal and this and that. It better be true.

Thanks a bunch for the kind words,

Chris
post #69 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

By the way, this guys name is Anthony Barone. He`s from Dix Hills New York. Be carefull of him.

Chris
post #70 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Stringer
I just hope Paypal honors there buyer protection plan. If not, there the worst god d*** bunch of liers. With there buy with confidence with Paypal and this and that. It better be true.

Thanks a bunch for the kind words,

Chris

Yup, I've found they were the worst god d*** bunch of liars going. Here's what happened to me.

Genious boy emails saying he wants some custom work done to a bass, I say sure, he sends me a payment for $600 from paypal. Then he ships his bass. I get his bass (a mexi P bass) then he sends me $60 via paypal (from another account) to cover assembly and setup.
Well, 2 weeks AFTER I've already deposited the money into my bank account and used it to pay some bills, Paypal sends me an email saying they believe the transaction was made with a fraudulant account. They reverse BOTH transactions leaving ME owing them $660USD!!!!!!! They put my paypal account into a negative balance stating funds sent to paypal would be credited towards the negative balance or my credit card would be charged. Then they now refuse to give me the contact information of the accounts that sent funds leaving me owing Paypal $660US. I didn't qualify for their buyer protection for some reason, mostly due to the fact I guess that it wasn't an ebay auction, but as it sits now, I have a POS mexi P-bass, and a debt owing to Paypal for $660.

I hope you have better luck than I have
post #71 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 11:20 PM

Should Anthony Barone sound familar for some reason? Did he have any connection with Steve Vai? (Like, worked for him or something.)
post #72 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 11:35 PM
Vendor

YTou're thinking of Anthony Garone, but damn close
post #73 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 11:38 PM

Ah, Thanks!
post #74 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

I`m bumping this thread for the ifcc,internet fraud complaint center. I`m gonna do everything i can to get this guy.

Chris
post #75 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
You're thinking of Anthony Garone, but damn close
who is a member of jemsite and doesnt live in NY

Tags
darren wilson , jem lng , lgm guitars , maple fret , maple fretboard , neck plate , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in