JEMSITE Seller issue - 7vwh JEM - stratosqueeg - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

JEMSITE Seller issue - 7vwh JEM - stratosqueeg

Hi

I purchased a mint condition Jem 7VWH from stratosqueeg in July 2012. I paid in full on 19 July 2012 and apparently the guitar was shipping to me on 25 July 2012. It is now 16 October 2012 and NO guitar has arrived and I haven't heard from the seller in weeks. I have been patient up until now, I think I have been scammed. Until the guitar arrives I will be taken necessary actions to try and retrieve my money. The original thread is below and I believe this could be a scam.

If the guitar does arrive in the condition I ordered it in and all is well then I have no problem retracting this thread.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f31/fs...wh-120394.html

Last edited by matt012ib; 10-16-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 03:18 PM

Re: JEMSITE Seller issue - 7vwh JEM - stratosqueeg

The guy has an actual trader number... hmmmm.

Did you:
Do your due diilgence via telephone convo, phone number, "guitar hostage picture"?
Did you get a tracking number?
Have you checked local customs - maybe it got lost in the warehouse?
Pay by Paypal?
Raise a claim?
Reverse the transaction? If not, do it, if possible still.

I am hoping that you have done the above, but reversed pretty much in August. Waiting until now is quite long.

Good luck!!!
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
The guy has an actual trader number... hmmmm.

Did you:
Do your due diilgence via telephone convo, phone number, "guitar hostage picture"?
Did you get a tracking number?
Have you checked local customs - maybe it got lost in the warehouse?
Pay by Paypal?
Raise a claim?
Reverse the transaction? If not, do it, if possible still.

I am hoping that you have done the above, but reversed pretty much in August. Waiting until now is quite long.

Good luck!!!

What do you mean by the guy has an actual trader number? Do you mean the iTrader number, because he gained those scores from purchasing items not selling.

I asked for a picture of the guitar with his email address written on it and he sent it through. There is no tracking number because the guitar was sent via snail mail (4 to 6 weeks) and Canada Post doesn't offer tracking on those packages. I paid through PayPal but I can't get my money back that easily.

Last edited by matt012ib; 10-16-2012 at 08:37 PM.
post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 09:49 PM

Reviews: 120

Contact your bank and get them to reverse the charges. They should be able to do it. Hopefully it's not too late though.
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 02:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Contact your bank and get them to reverse the charges. They should be able to do it. Hopefully it's not too late though.
Paypal will not refund me the money because it is over the 40 day period but there is still a way to get money back. PayPal can chase him. I've contacted him numerous times and usually he responds within a few days, but I haven't heard from him for three weeks. If he doesn't reply in 24 hours I will post his name and contact details so everyone can be aware that this could be a potential scam.

I'd like to point out I still have faith in the guitar and that it will arrive. This thread seemed to be a necessary step at this point in time.

Last edited by matt012ib; 10-17-2012 at 02:12 AM.
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 01:03 PM

Dude, why not fedex or similar courier? Considering you paid 1K+ for it. You didn't get shipping insurance either?

You're listed as Australia, so I'm curious where the "canada can't do thus" came from, as the canadapost site seems to show the possibility for specific shipping types. If that info came from him, then he may have played you, though it seems remote considering that he paid good bucks on jemsite (also around that time). He hasn't logged on here for a long time.

Last edited by Ibateur; 10-17-2012 at 01:11 PM.
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Dude, why not fedex or similar courier? Considering you paid 1K+ for it. You didn't get shipping insurance either?

You're listed as Australia, so I'm curious where the "canada can't do thus" came from, as the canadapost site seems to show the possibility for specific shipping types. If that info came from him, then he may have played you, though it seems remote considering that he paid good bucks on jemsite (also around that time). He hasn't logged on here for a long time.
He said he would include shipping in the price so he had it sent via the cheapest option which doesn't include tracking.
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 12:51 AM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt012ib View Post
Paypal will not refund me the money because it is over the 40 day period but there is still a way to get money back. PayPal can chase him. I've contacted him numerous times and usually he responds within a few days, but I haven't heard from him for three weeks. If he doesn't reply in 24 hours I will post his name and contact details so everyone can be aware that this could be a potential scam.

I'd like to point out I still have faith in the guitar and that it will arrive. This thread seemed to be a necessary step at this point in time.
I didn't say PayPal, I said your bank. They should be able to reverse the charges that PayPal made to your bank account. Or did you just have the funds in PayPal?

And not including some form of insurance and/or tracking on such an expensive purchase really isn't the wisest way to do things...
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
I didn't say PayPal, I said your bank. They should be able to reverse the charges that PayPal made to your bank account. Or did you just have the funds in PayPal?

And not including some form of insurance and/or tracking on such an expensive purchase really isn't the wisest way to do things...

I will check with the bank and see what I can do.

I didn't know it wasn't insured or how it was sent until two weeks after I paid; I said send it express and two weeks later found out it was sent differently.
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 02:30 PM

Man I hope that guitar shows up. I dont think you have any options to recoup the money. You should have demanded it ship properly. You're too nice!
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Man I hope that guitar shows up. I dont think you have any options to recoup the money. You should have demanded it ship properly. You're too nice!
Thanks! When I ordered it I went through the regular steps and told him I needed the guitar ASAP. He told me that he will send it as soon as the money cleared; a few weeks later when I enquired where the guitar was he told me the real story of how he apparently shipped it.

I have collected a good amount of information on him which I will pass onto police and customs who have asked me for any details of this seller, I have taken steps of reporting him as a scam artist. I have given him enough warning, I am convinced he is a scammer so anybody dealing with him in future beware.
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE I have had a response from the seller, after what is about 4 weeks since his last response. He has accused me of being a scammer and demanded his guitar back. The thing is, Australian customs haven't actually seen it arrive in Australia and Australia Post don't have any records of the guitar actually entering Australia.

Apparently the seller has had some family problems which have preventing him from answering his emails I believe (or so he says). I've dealt with scammers before; they always delay and have excuses why your package isn't there. Then, when you finally demand a refund and inform them that you will take this matter to the proper authorities they either never respond or turn the tables and claim you are the scammer.

I would like to make the point that the majority of my income comes through my PayPal system - I paid for this guitar through PayPal, so I would not jeopardize my longstanding account for a Jem (no offense to Jem owners!). As mentioned above, if the guitar ever arrives I'll be more than happy to denounce my suspicions and claims that this seller is a scammer but right now, the alarm is as loud as it's ever been.

Recap for those that don't want to read all that is above:

- Purchased guitar, paid in full in July 2012.
- Advised seller I need it ASAP.
- Seller sends the guitar, but doesn't tell me until two weeks later that it was sent via 'snail mail' which should take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.
- Seller advises me that there is no insurance or tracking on the guitar.
- At the 6 week point, the seller advised me that usually it could take 7 to 9 weeks to arrive when I said it still hasn't arrived yet.
- At the 9 week mark, I ask the seller about the guitar, he deflects when I first ask for a refund and tells me it should be there any day now.
- 4 weeks ago I demanded a refund but received no response from the seller until now; the seller is claiming I scammed him after ignoring me for 4 weeks.
- Australian Customs and Australia Post have no record of the guitar arriving.
- To be continued.
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 11:46 PM

Do you have any friends here in the states that are close enough to look this guy up? Where is he located? I'm really sorry to hear about your experience but there are a lot of good people, buyers and sellers alike, here in this forum. Maybe some fellow Jemsiters who are in this scammer's state can look him up?
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Vendor

Make him provide the receipt for the shipping. Technically the only way he could even ship it to Australia is if he processed the shipping through Paypal, and Paypal has no option for "snail mail".

The size restrictions at any post office would prevent them from accepting it for Australia [Max. length 36", max. length plus girth 79" ] and as a matter of fact I don't think there is any postal option for snail mail even at the Post Office over a couple pounds, only Priority or Express. Make him prove he did with a clear jpg of the receipt. If he says he "lost" or "threw away" the receipt, 99.9%, he's lying.
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfssdude View Post
Do you have any friends here in the states that are close enough to look this guy up? Where is he located? I'm really sorry to hear about your experience but there are a lot of good people, buyers and sellers alike, here in this forum. Maybe some fellow Jemsiters who are in this scammer's state can look him up?
He is based in Canada, I don't have many contacts to chase him up. I know Jemsite is full of great people to deal with; I have my eye on a few dealers all the time, always keeping an eye out for new guitars; this was my first purchase from a Jemsite seller who wasn't a dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Make him provide the receipt for the shipping. Technically the only way he could even ship it to Australia is if he processed the shipping through Paypal, and Paypal has no option for "snail mail".

The size restrictions at any post office would prevent them from accepting it for Australia [Max. length 36", max. length plus girth 79" ] and as a matter of fact I don't think there is any postal option for snail mail even at the Post Office over a couple pounds, only Priority or Express. Make him prove he did with a clear jpg of the receipt. If he says he "lost" or "threw away" the receipt, 99.9%, he's lying.
I've asked him for a receipt to prove that the guitar shipped, we will see what he comes up with.

Thanks for the messages! I don't want to 100% call this guy a scammer because you can never be 100% sure, right now I'm about 98% sure. There is always a chance someone at customs or the postal office stole the guitar of course but I don't think this is very likely.

Tags
stratosqueeg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode