Re: JEMSITE Seller issue - 7vwh JEM - stratosqueeg
UPDATE I have had a response from the seller, after what is about 4 weeks since his last response. He has accused me of being a scammer and demanded his guitar back. The thing is, Australian customs haven't actually seen it arrive in Australia and Australia Post don't have any records of the guitar actually entering Australia.
Apparently the seller has had some family problems which have preventing him from answering his emails I believe (or so he says). I've dealt with scammers before; they always delay and have excuses why your package isn't there. Then, when you finally demand a refund and inform them that you will take this matter to the proper authorities they either never respond or turn the tables and claim you are the scammer.
I would like to make the point that the majority of my income comes through my PayPal system - I paid for this guitar through PayPal, so I would not jeopardize my longstanding account for a Jem (no offense to Jem owners!). As mentioned above, if the guitar ever arrives I'll be more than happy to denounce my suspicions and claims that this seller is a scammer but right now, the alarm is as loud as it's ever been.
Recap for those that don't want to read all that is above:
- Purchased guitar, paid in full in July 2012.
- Advised seller I need it ASAP.
- Seller sends the guitar, but doesn't tell me until two weeks later that it was sent via 'snail mail' which should take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.
- Seller advises me that there is no insurance or tracking on the guitar.
- At the 6 week point, the seller advised me that usually it could take 7 to 9 weeks to arrive when I said it still hasn't arrived yet.
- At the 9 week mark, I ask the seller about the guitar, he deflects when I first ask for a refund and tells me it should be there any day now.
- 4 weeks ago I demanded a refund but received no response from the seller until now; the seller is claiming I scammed him after ignoring me for 4 weeks.
- Australian Customs and Australia Post have no record of the guitar arriving.
- To be continued.