Jim Donahue - Could use a little help - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Vendor

Jim Donahue - Could use a little help

Any old timers here will know who JD is and what he meant to Ibanez from the beginning of the Golden Era, his work with Steve and Joe, as well as helping anybody in the community that needed it. He will always be remembered as one of the co-authors of "Ibanez - The Untold Story", and a personal mentor to me starting 20 years ago when I would pester him relentlessly for information, which he freely shared. But the last few years have not been kind and Larry Larson was gracious enough to step up and do for Jim what Jim would never do for himself. This is our opportunity to help repay some of his generosity. You can read the rest of the story on the page below.

https://www.gofundme.com/FixJimsCNC?...tion_receiptv5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 08:06 AM

Re: Jim Donahue - Could use a little help

Thanks for sharing the link, Rich.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 08:32 AM

Reviews: 21

I wish I could give more. It might seem silly to say but, even though I've never met any of them, people like Jim and the Ibanez people of the 80's, 90's and beyond make up a bit of who I am via their creations.
It's really not just a guitar.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 10:24 AM

Thanks for the heads-up about it, Rich.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 09:08 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Thanks for the sharing the info & thanks to Larry & anyone helping set this up.

I'd really like to encourage anyone who owns an Ibanez to post any level of donation - none are too small. It takes longer to brew a k-cup coffee than to donate.

Jim has not only been a fountain of knowledge but such a helpful & selfless person online which nowadays is less and less common.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode