JPM2 stupidly cheap on E**y, dubious... - Page 2 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 04:10 AM

Re: JPM2 stupidly cheap on E**y, dubious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
You need to pay more attention to the market!!!:
JPM's don't show up that much, but that HAM that is still on sale here was a good indication of how difficult they are to sell.

Quote:
and the fact that you like the EBMM is just as irrelevant as me liking the Ibanez JPM!
And now you're twisting my words again, I never said I liked EBMMs (over the JPM), in general.

I only said I rate a brand new EBMM (especially one /w7s & piezo) higher than this thing (if the pics are an indication) in terms of playability, versatility etc. ...and I don't even know how much they cost, don't care either.

But I would also rate a brand new RG2620 etc. higher than this JPM.
My personal preference for Ibanez would also rank those RG's over an EBMM.
And I *do* know that a brand new RG2620 is also ~£600. ($1100)
I would even prefer an old 2027 over an EBMMJP7piezo or an 1820x over a JP6

For reference these are currently all on Jemsite :

RG2610 $800 near mint (new $1000)
RG2077x $1100 good
JPM2 $1200 poor
RG2120x $1200 near mint

RG metal 1700eur = $2400 cond.9,7/10
JPM HAM 1400 =$2700 dead mint

IMHO based upon this $1200 for a JPM2 is not hugely undervalued, especially not when considering its condition (or lack thereof ) which usually gets overstated in ads. Do you understand what kind of competition it is up against?

I'm just trying to put a bit of perspective on this, the TS is wondering whether ~£600 is "dubious", IMHO: No, its a buyers market.

And you haven't given me one good reason why it should be considered "undervalued".

Is the JPM underappreciated? Maybe...go start a JPM appreciation thread, I'll gladly join you in singing its praises, while still lamenting its shortcomings.

Is this poor thing undervalued? No. The market is always right, if it's not selling at £600 it's not worth more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Vendor

If it was as clean as he said of course it was a steal. Especially in the UK.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 11:01 AM

Reviews: 25

is it still for sale ? can somone post the item number ???
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 11:07 AM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: JPM2 stupidly cheap on E**y, dubious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
JPM's don't show up that much, but that HAM that is still on sale here was a good indication of how difficult they are to sell.

And now you're twisting my words again, I never said I liked EBMMs (over the JPM), in general.

I only said I rate a brand new EBMM (especially one /w7s & piezo) higher than this thing (if the pics are an indication) in terms of playability, versatility etc. ...and I don't even know how much they cost, don't care either.

But I would also rate a brand new RG2620 etc. higher than this JPM.
My personal preference for Ibanez would also rank those RG's over an EBMM.
And I *do* know that a brand new RG2620 is also ~£600. ($1100)
I would even prefer an old 2027 over an EBMMJP7piezo or an 1820x over a JP6

For reference these are currently all on Jemsite :

RG2610 $800 near mint (new $1000)
RG2077x $1100 good
JPM2 $1200 poor
RG2120x $1200 near mint

RG metal 1700eur = $2400 cond.9,7/10
JPM HAM 1400 =$2700 dead mint

IMHO based upon this $1200 for a JPM2 is not hugely undervalued, especially not when considering its condition (or lack thereof ) which usually gets overstated in ads. Do you understand what kind of competition it is up against?

I'm just trying to put a bit of perspective on this, the TS is wondering whether ~£600 is "dubious", IMHO: No, its a buyers market.

And you haven't given me one good reason why it should be considered "undervalued".

Is the JPM underappreciated? Maybe...go start a JPM appreciation thread, I'll gladly join you in singing its praises, while still lamenting its shortcomings.

Is this poor thing undervalued? No. The market is always right, if it's not selling at £600 it's not worth more.
Dude I don't know what market you're looking at but if you think your market is jemsite then you're bananas!!! I've seen a few JPMs for sale lately and they sold well! You can't base market on PAW's guitar in the classifieds! if it's not selling it's because he might be asking too much!!! did that ever occur to you???

So since you don't believe me hear it from someone who actually keeps an eye on the market ALL THE TIME! ALL OVER THE WORLD:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
If it was as clean as he said of course it was a steal. Especially in the UK.
I rest my case!

Tags
ebmm petrucci , ebony board , evh guitars , floyd rose , fret level , ibanez jpm , korean guitar , pickup switch , playing guitar , viper neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode