JPM2 stupidly cheap on E**y, dubious... - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

JPM2 stupidly cheap on E**y, dubious...

So there is this jpm2 on ****, no bids at 600....

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...o/DSC00162.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...o/DSC00163.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...moo/95aa_1.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...o/DSC00167.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...o/DSC00166.jpg

It has a flamin great signature on the front which I hope I could remove.
The seller says there is just one ding and very minimal fret wear but also pointed out it is set up poorly because he can't manage the floyd rose lol, thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 11:41 AM

Re: JPM2 stupidly cheap on E**y, dubious...

just a couple of random thoughts;

-it's not a steal, 600 is a bit on the low side, but...
-poor pics don't do it justice
-self admitted poor set-up
-signature does absolutely nothing for value (it will probable buff out)
-JP hasn't been with ibanez for a long time
-going by current trends the JPM2 is probably lowest on the JPM rank, behind:
1. HAM
2. Cow
3. Camo

personally I'd prefer a new regular RG or an EBMM7piezo if you are really into Petrucci,

my biggest gripes with the JPM: binding+neck, Pup switching
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post

1. HAM
2. Cow
3. Camo

personally I'd prefer a new regular RG or an EBMM7piezo if you are really into Petrucci,

Compared to the prices I've seen them go for it seems very cheap, and I think they JPM waaaay out performs the EBBMM but that's just my opinion.
Been desperate for a JPM for some time but the pics are a bit too poor for my liking.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 06:52 PM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: JPM2 stupidly cheap on E**y, dubious...

Quote:

1. HAM
2. Cow
3. Camo

EBMM does not hold a candle to the Ibanez JPM! and you're wrong the Camo pattern is the least desirable JPM!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 07:28 PM

EBMM absolutely KILLS the Ibanez JPM. You get way more options and the neck and overall quality are years above anything I've ever played from Ibanez.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Vendor

Years ago the EB's were very nice, and I watched the quality and QC go downhill every year I handled them, until I finally said NO MORE last year. They remind me of Korean guitars now, with highly polished frets [with little to no finishing] and a nice waxed feel to the neck. Otherwise, you can have them.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 09:20 PM

In that case I would've loved to have played a first year EBMM Petrucci, my 06 was nothing short of great.

Are the Korean guitars they now remind you of the same Korean guitars people here will argue all day are as good as any other guitar out there?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Vendor

Nobody I know is arguing these Korean builds are anywhere near as good
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 09:41 PM

Come on man, we've both been here long enough to see enough threads about not judging a guitar by the country its made in. I know I've gotten yelled at more than once for saying a Korean guitar is inferior made
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Vendor

I've handled guitars long enough to know people can yell all they want and it's not going to make the product better than it actually is
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
EBMM does not hold a candle to the Ibanez JPM! and you're wrong the Camo pattern is the least desirable JPM!
well that still puts the JPM behind HAM and Cow on desirability...

...but I'm not sure why you'd think the Camo ranks last, the pink/blue/orange picasso is very 1991 and, the recent neon revival notwithstanding, Camo is probably better suited to a large part of the guitar buying public (see ESP who have at least three models available in camo, or Dean)

Please note, that I am an 80s boy myself (I own a DY) so this is not my personal preference, just observation.

Quote:
Compared to the prices I've seen them go for it seems very cheap, and I think they JPM waaaay out performs the EBBMM but that's just my opinion.
A well setup JPM90HAM with an ebony board, yes; a poorly set-up JPM2 with dried out rosewood and worn frets...no.

IMHO a JPM is just a less versatile RG (due to its neck and pups). In terms of playability, versatility and build quality, you would be better off with a brand new RG2620cbk (also at ~600). The EBMM-JP at least offers piezo and or 7s for those interested. I can't comment on its price/quality.

The fact that a brand new Ibanez RG1820x or 2570 is also available at the same price, simply means this is only going to appeal to Petrucci nuts.

Quote:
Been desperate for a JPM for some time but the pics are a bit too poor for my liking.
which is exactly why it's not getting any attention at 600, but if you're desperate, why not take the chance? It may clean up nicely.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
well that still puts the JPM behind HAM and Cow on desirability...

...but I'm not sure why you'd think the Camo ranks last, the pink/blue/orange picasso is very 1991 and, the recent neon revival notwithstanding, Camo is probably better suited to a large part of the guitar buying public (see ESP who have at least three models available in camo, or Dean)

Please note, that I am an 80s boy myself (I own a DY) so this is not my personal preference, just observation.

A well setup JPM90HAM with an ebony board, yes; a poorly set-up JPM2 with dried out rosewood and worn frets...no.

IMHO a JPM is just a less versatile RG (due to its neck and pups). In terms of playability, versatility and build quality, you would be better off with a brand new RG2620cbk (also at ~600). The EBMM-JP at least offers piezo and or 7s for those interested. I can't comment on its price/quality.

The fact that a brand new Ibanez RG1820x or 2570 is also available at the same price, simply means this is only going to appeal to Petrucci nuts.

which is exactly why it's not getting any attention at 600, but if you're desperate, why not take the chance? It may clean up nicely.
Why would you compare a 90HAM in perfect condition to the one for sale??? Talk about apples and oranges!!! I doubt dried out rosewood has anything to do with how a guitar plays! after a fret level and good set up any guitar should play like butter, specially, an Ibanez JPM! so both the 90HAM and the JPM2 would play just as good under the same conditions. You may call me a JPM fan boy if you want but I can tell you without any shadow of a doubt that the Ibanez JPM line are the best playing guitars I've ever owned!!! and I have played and owned everything else, including the EBMM. To me one of the sweetest things about the JPM is the Viper neck and the simplicity of the 3 way pickup switch.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Years ago the EB's were very nice, and I watched the quality and QC go downhill every year I handled them

Heck yeah!!! I think the downslide started about a year after the EVH guitars were released... The first ones were awesome but then everything from them started to fall off
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
Why would you compare a 90HAM in perfect condition to the one for sale???
I'm not, I was comparing the HAM to an EBMM. And the EBMM to this thing.

HIM: and I think the JPM way out performs the EBBMM but that's just my opinion.
ME: HAM: yes, this thing: no

But you are missing the point, the question was, is this thing undervalued at 600 and my logic says no, especially not if people have trouble getting rid of their HAM at double that price point. (see FS thread)

The fact that you really like them is irrelevant, I don't see you propping up JPM prices all over the globe, now do I?
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
I'm not, I was comparing the HAM to an EBMM. And the EBMM to this thing.

HIM: and I think the JPM way out performs the EBBMM but that's just my opinion.
ME: HAM: yes, this thing: no

But you are missing the point, the question was, is this thing undervalued at 600 and my logic says no, especially not if people have trouble getting rid of their HAM at double that price point. (see FS thread)

The fact that you really like them is irrelevant, I don't see you propping up JPM prices all over the globe, now do I?
You need to pay more attention to the market!!! and the fact that you like the EBMM is just as irrelevant as me liking the Ibanez JPM!

Tags
ebmm petrucci , ebony board , evh guitars , floyd rose , fret level , ibanez jpm , korean guitar , pickup switch , playing guitar , viper neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode