Legacy One Guitar Ripped Me off for $800 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Legacy One Guitar Ripped Me off for $800

I was tooling around jemsite as I am selling a 470 body (with pickups) on ebay and I was trying to figure out pricing, etc.

Then I remembered that the company that ripped me off in 2004 is still in business and active in this community. Therefore the following is an attempt to shame them into refunding my money or delivering what I ordered.

It was about 2004 and I wanted to build a project guitar. I saw some really nice custom work done by Legacy One Guitars and ordered a jem body with quilted maple top (AAAA++++) from them on ebay. They seemed really cool so I decided to get a custom neck from them too (birdseye maple, pyramid inlays).
Of course the body couldn't be sent before the neck because I wanted them attached.

Then they stopped responding to all email. So I turned to ebay but was outside the 60 day window to report it. I also foundout that I have to file small-claims in MI (I am in Boston). So that didn't happen.

But I got ripped off for $800 and I kept sending emails once in a while (they never bounced back). Below is the email I sent in 2010.

Sorry about the long story but I got screwed out of $800 by these bozos and they owe me!

tc,
Will

+++++++ last email below +++++++
Chris;

This is Will Robinson, I bought (and paid) you for a custom Jem body and neck. The first was via ebay the second was a private
transaction. You responded to my emails until you went silent. I found your website and would like an explanation.

Please note that since I now have your contact / business info, I will be sending out a 93A (demand for repayment)
before starting a lawsuit in small claims court.

Regards,
Will Robinson

Legacy One Guitars - 5408 Fieldstone Dr. - Grandville, MI 49418 - 616-915-4885 chris at useleg.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 11:55 PM

Re: Legacy One Guitar Ripped Me off for $800

Danger Will Robinson haha sorry couldnt resist..

Call the local police and report them.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Vendor

Not only has he not been here in years, but he's completely out of the business and sold off all his tooling and supplies.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Oh "poo" - well at least I tried another avenue. Did he screw others too?

regarding 'will robinson' - I have grad and undergrad engineering degrees so the name got thrown aroud a fair bit. At least it is associated with something bad.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 02:19 AM

The thread about legacy one is 134 pages, so you might want a cup of coffee or two while reading:

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f29/le...ead-56048.html
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 03:05 AM

yeah join the club. i got ripped off 215 for a jem style neck. I have long since written it off, i got told multiple times by chris that he would work it out with me and i never saw anything. I filed a complaint and received a letter saying that they couldn't reach them.

whatever... i am sorry you got ripped off for way more then i did.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 05:45 AM

"Legacy One stands behind it's products. I want you to be happy with the guitar you are building. It's a lot of fun to build a custom instrument, and Legacy One doesn't ever want you to lose interest because of LONG wait times for deliveries or disappointments when you receive your items.

People build houses in 3 months. Why should a guitar take longer?"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tags
custom , ibanez , legacy one guitars , rip-off

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode