LGM Guitars, email info and new website - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

LGM Guitars, email info and new website

LGM Guitars email is down for some reason, if you need to get ahold of me please use either

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

The link on the site should be changed ASAP, I don't know what happened to the old email, but please note that the site address is different now as well.

www.lgmguitars.com

I apologize to everyone who has been trying to reach me, I didn't know the email was down until today.

To those of you who have been patiently waiting on your projects, the new shop is up and running and your projects are now priority number one.

As some of you know my father became very sick during construction of the shop which put me further behind, all is well now and all projects will be completed ASAP.

I apologize for the problems, and I assure you that all is well and all work will be completed soon.

Thank you

Jeremy

On another note!!!!!

NEW LGM SITE!!!!!!

Well, times change and we must change with them. Over the past few months some major changes have taken place with LGM Guitars. An investor approached us and has dumped some money into the company, this means a brand new shop which we are now in as well as a new website.
In the past all website duties were handled by Patrick Deno of Whiplash Web Designs. Unfortunately due to life changes and situations we had to find a new host and webmaster. Patrick did a great job with the website and I will forever be indebted to him for it!

The new site was built and is being hosted by Ninth Eye Designs. Nikki of ninth eye has done a great job building the new more streamlined site. It is much faster loading, especially for dial up users. Navigation has been streamlined and it should be overall more user friendly with all browsers.

Some of the new things happening at LGM Guitars of course include the new shop. With 800 square feet and a new 10' x 12' downdraft spray booth production times have become faster. Some new tools have been added which in the next few weeks will lead to full custom necks and bodies as well as the custom modifications.

We will be introducing a custom line of electric's soon as well. Based on the super strat shape they will be a cross between an Ibanez and a Parker. Very interesting and very cool

Please take a minute to click on www.lgmguitars.com and check out the new site. Please let us know what you think of the site, and the work you see in the site.

Thank you for looking! have a great long weekend!!!!

Jeremy
www.lgmguitars.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 01:38 PM

Thats explains a lot lol,Seriously tho dude,Hope your father is ok,and gets better in extra quick fashion :-)

Rob
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Ok, beyond the email link being fixed, although not totally complete, the new LGM Guitars website is up and running. Check it all out, wasn't how we wanted to show it, but when things crash, sometimes ya gotta improvise
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 03:54 PM

the new shop looks killer Jeremy!

Hope your Dad is better!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 12:07 AM

The site looks good too... been wanting to have my DBK customized since I found out about your work... now wanting to even more after going back to your site. Ebony fretboard, chrome vine... <drool>

Perhaps in January, we shall see...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Added some info up above
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 08:08 AM
dex

Jeremy, the new shop is great and the sponsor/partner news is brilliant.
Too bad Patrick can't continue to do your site but kudos to Nikki for redesigning it so quick.

I just want to sugest 3 things that I think may improve the site a bit and help in surfer retention time.

1. The site you have now doesn't seem mature enough for a builder/luthier who can build an accoustic guitar from scratch.
I mean we all know that you are a serious builder but if someone stumbles upon your site by accident they will have a very little info there to build enouhg confidence in your ability.

2. I mostly open your site at work and it will help a lot to stay longer on it without checking who's looking over my sholder if it was done in pastel colours and was mostly white/grey.
I imagine a lot of people check out stuff from work and a certain less busy pastel designs help as they don't look too out of place on a work station when your manager's walking around you.

3. The new site opens in 1024x768 by default and can't be reduced without having to use sliders on the side and on the bottom of the page.
Changing that to a dynamic size will help people being able to see all the info without draging the slider left and right.

All I'm trying to say is that now this is all you do and it's a business - focus your site on content, not gimmics and sharp colours.

these are just a few sugestions - if you think that I have no idea what I'm talking about, feel free to ignore them and/or if you think that it's not my place to make such sugestions contact a moderator to edit/delete my post.

All the best for the new shop and I hope your dad gets better real soon.

ilia
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 08:58 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
excellent points dex. good luck! ...glen
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Dex,
I will have Nikki read your suggestions. The color scheme was basically in staying with what it was previously and was more my choice than anything.
As far as the professionalism/maturity, do you find that in the text more than the images? both? just images? Not saying that I agree, but the criticism is needed. I actually thought that the easier navigation, smaller menu's, and the thumbnails that open individual pages created a more mature look in itself. There was a big push to try to make it more dial up friendly necessitating the smaller amount of flash and moving items etc.
The company has expanded to airbrushing more than just guitars, hence LGM Graphix. I was browsing quite a few custom airbrushing sites and guitar sites, and tried to create a happy medium with Nikki in putting the 2 together. The idea of the site was loosely based on the Jackson site but in a less busy look. Any idea's are welcomed.
As far as the resolution, I will let Nikki know about that, the old site always opened on my computer at the same resolution as well and I never had anyone complain about it, I will see what she can do in regards to the resolution though

Thanks for the critique's

Tags
chrome vine , custom necks , ebony fretboard , lgm guitars , super strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode