LNG trading - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

LNG trading

I'm looking for a LNG. I have to let one of my other guitars go this time.
I have a 1974 Stratocaster in good shape. Anyone agree that it is a nice deal if i get a LNG in player condtition for the Strat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 10:38 AM

Re: LNG trading

A 74 Strat is a cool guitar, but I'd be surprised if anyone was willing to trade an original LNG for one straight across.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

An LNG for A 54 Strat maybe, for a 74 Strat, no way...
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

I was offered $ 3300 for my strat. Ibanez Jem is not very hot in the Norwegian market right now. I paid $ 1600 for my mint BRMR. and $ 1400 for my SK (with a small crack in the body near the tremolo anchor). Repared now, and not visible now.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f21/je...ir-129054.html

http://www.jemsite.com/gallery/showi...atid=newimages

I think it's possible to get a player LNG in Norway for under $ 3500 if they show up.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I think you practically stole that SK

The LNG is more desirable than most Jems and is probably more likely to end up in the global market, at a higher price, but, if someone would sell locally that's a plus for you. The value on the Strat seems high to me as well, is it something special?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
I think you practically stole that SK

The LNG is more desirable than most Jems and is probably more likely to end up in the global market, at a higher price, but, if someone would sell locally that's a plus for you. The value on the Strat seems high to me as well, is it something special?
I agree. I have the strat on a second hand web market site. In the ad i say that i would trade it for a Jem. But a guy told me that he may offer me $ 3300. I also think it is a high price for 74 strat. But Gibson and Fender is much more popular in Norway for the moment. And that is why i pray for that a LNG shows up in Scandinavia.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 06:19 PM

sell the strat to that dude, then wait for a LNG to pop up.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 06:40 PM

Fender made their worst Strats in the 70s.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 05:50 PM

The prices for LNG's are in a league of their own. You can't compare them to BRMR's or SK's. I think the price you paid for those two guitars is about right on the money, if not somewhat high for the SK. That isn't a "small crack", that is a major structural problem based on where it is located and it should have a big impact on the price of the guitar.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
The prices for LNG's are in a league of their own. You can't compare them to BRMR's or SK's. I think the price you paid for those two guitars is about right on the money, if not somewhat high for the SK. That isn't a "small crack", that is a major structural problem based on where it is located and it should have a big impact on the price of the guitar.
Lucky for me that my girlfriend has been working as a furniture carpenter for 15 years. The way she repaired the SK made it 100% functional.

What do you think a fair price will be for a LNG with a crack near the headstock. (that could happend to some guitars)
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 08:49 AM

Need detailed pics to make any sort of guess.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Need detailed pics to make any sort of guess.
I don't have a LNG by the hand right now. I just think it could be smart to figure out what a fair price will be if one show up. If a nice LNG cost $ 4000. Is $ 3000 a fair price for one with a crack near headstock.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode