Music Zoo Ebay Auctions - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Music Zoo Ebay Auctions

This may be out of the scope for this forum but I have to vent.

I was doing my usual ebay searches for Ibanez, ESP, Charvels and Jacksons and found a USA Charvel 1H in fiesta red at a great price. It had just been listed by Music Zoo so I quickly scanned the details and hit the buy it now. I was very happy that I found one at such a great price. Later I get a message that the guitar had been sold and they forgot to pull the auction and had refunded my money. I was pissed. The price was too good so maybe they backed out due to listing for a wrong price.

This is not the first time I got screwed by Music Zoo. A couple of months back I hit the buy it now on an auction for a pickup. It was listed as "like new" and had been only been removed from the original packaging. It was a good price so I bought it. The next day I get a message saying that their "like new" pickup was out of stock and would not be in stock for another four to six weeks. I thought it was odd but was no big deal at the time. I told them I did not want to wait that long and they refunded my money.

I guess I could have missed the fine print that their products are for sale at a retail location and may not be available if you purchase them on ebay.

Has anyone else had the same experience with Music Zoo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 08:22 PM

Re: Music Zoo Ebay Auctions

Yeah they are a bricks and mortar store i believe,so probably someone bought it the same day you clicked 'buy'.......just bad luck.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 02:27 PM

It is a real store, but it is set up a little funny, you walk in the show room and there are guitars (and a good amount) on the walls but then there is a computer where you can search through their inventory and they go in the warehouse and pull out the guitar sitting in a case. Shred heads and major collectors watch their store and ebay auctions pretty close so I wouldn't be surprised if they cant keep up to date with some of their ebay sales and what not. Though their customer service is good and they will talk to you about what you want. Sounds like just got the short end of the stick twice... I saw a GMW in there for a steal, but I have also seen Charvel's above and beyond I would ever pay. Like any store, has its flaws, but over all pretty solid place.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Agree with above--they don't remove auctions when item sells thru store or main site.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 12:08 AM

Reviews: 25

The best way to deal with lazy ebay stores like that is to leave negative feedback.. you purchased an item that wasn't available... Which by the way does happen sometimes, but if you want to leave negative feedback you can, and this might get them to step up their game..

Tags
ebay , music zoo , screwed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode