need opion on fellow "Flipping" Jemsiter... - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

need opion on fellow "Flipping" Jemsiter...

I sold a pretty rare 540SLTD to taracatac last week,
I am looking to fund a Musicman JP6, so I reluctantly let it go, for $700, which I thought was a fair price.

Now, he has gone and listed it on evilbay...for $1300 obo.

I could have easily done this...but I chose to sell it first on Jemsite so other Ibanez fans
could have this guitar without getting ripped off, etc. and hopefully to avoid what just happened, flipping for a massive profit. I flip myself, but usually not from the forums.
Don't we have somewhat of a community here, or am I being a crybaby because I didn't have the balls to list it on evilbay for that kind of money? and...to add insult, he used my description word for word and used my photos for the ad.

here is the deal thread...
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f28/fe...td-111683.html

and the e*ay thread....
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-S540-Pais...62412342564575

let me know what you think about this...and I'll shut up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 08:04 AM

Reviews: 25
Re: need opion on fellow "Flipping" Jemsiter...

Well im not sure about Jemsite rules, but you cant purchase a guitar a sell it for profit on jemsite. But I cant see how jemsite could have a rule about buying a guitar on Jemsite and flipping it for profit on EBAY.. Ebay is a place of business.

My rule, is when selling on jemsite, is that I sell for what im happy to take for it. If I get no takers on Jemsite it moves to ebay.. If someone buys it and makes a profit, then good luck to them...

Taracatac, in my opinion isn't in the wrong. You are the seller and its your item, you must state the price you want for it. If he feels he can sell it for more, then thats simple business. Nothing wrong here.. If you were happy with the sale price, then him making profit shouldn't have changed that fact. Your just annoyed you didn't try for a higher price first.

Be happy with your sale, personally I wouldn't pay more then $700 for it anyways...

Trust me just move on and be done with the deal.. You will feel much better for it.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

I understand, and I have cooled off a little...but I am a little pissed he used my same photos and text...

and I am happy with the sale, maybe I am too naive to think it was going to be his favorite guitar and he would not sell for a huge profit. I know I would not do that personally, but to each their own.
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Mods...lock this up...I realize he can do whatever he wants, I just over-reacted.
No hard feelings!
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 09:35 AM

Reviews: 2

I understand how you must feel but profit isnt a dirty word, maybe guitar sales is how he makes his living. Thats life dude.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Vendor

Very poor form using your pics and description. That, is lame.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 12:57 AM

Reviews: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Very poor form using your pics and description. That, is lame.

Yeah i'd have to agree also from that part..

Like I said I dont think he will sell it for much more then $700... things are slow on the Ibanez flipping scene
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 02:43 AM

I saw the listing and thought 'hmmmm',the real issue for me was not that i know how cheap he got it but how soon it was listed.
A few months down the track its not an issue,but the following week almost and its a clear flip.
Sure its not breaking any rules, but because we know each other and the guitar through Jemsite it was off putting.
I do understand why he used your pic's Metalgod,they were killa shots,but he should of added some new ones.
Not a major issue but i do understand how OP would feel.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 03:06 AM

Reviews: 11

Who cares? You sold it under market value, he sold it AT market value to make a profit. If it was an issue of money, you should have sold it for what its worth.

Once you sell your item, its not your prerogative what he does with it. I flip guitars constantly, and it allows me to get higher end gear for peanuts. iF thats a moral issue, sorry? welcome to capatilism 101.

edit: I see you came to your senses, just next time, dont "be nice" and sell the guitar for what its worth!

edit 2: take solace. theres no way in hell that guitar will sell for 1300 dude
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 03:09 AM
Vendor

Every now and then somebody tries to flip something I sold them, I'm pretty used to it by now. Of course I'm a little pissed when they actually do get a chunk more, but it's almost always attributed to some deep throat tripple hyped description.

Love this guy - who's been trying to flip this for like 2 months now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2Bp0BP67k%253D

Using my pics of course, love the description

"My loss is your Gain. I am not looking to make anything off this guitar other than my initial investment from 10 years ago. I will not trade. More pics available upon request. The guitar comes with the case, whammy bar, and truss-rod cover. It does not come with ther certificate. "

It's still listed on my Used page,

** AS IS at $1775** or ** Full Monty at $2100** GONE** THANKS JARED** 2/2/11

Sold it AS IS, but then i had to fiddle with it and had to sort it out, just so you know what he paid for it, 10 years ago......

Last edited by Rich; 05-22-2011 at 03:16 AM.
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 05:11 AM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Every now and then somebody tries to flip something I sold them, I'm pretty used to it by now. Of course I'm a little pissed when they actually do get a chunk more, but it's almost always attributed to some deep throat tripple hyped description.

Love this guy - who's been trying to flip this for like 2 months now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2Bp0BP67k%253D

Using my pics of course, love the description

"My loss is your Gain. I am not looking to make anything off this guitar other than my initial investment from 10 years ago. I will not trade. More pics available upon request. The guitar comes with the case, whammy bar, and truss-rod cover. It does not come with ther certificate. "

It's still listed on my Used page,

** AS IS at $1775** or ** Full Monty at $2100** GONE** THANKS JARED** 2/2/11

Sold it AS IS, but then i had to fiddle with it and had to sort it out, just so you know what he paid for it, 10 years ago......

nothing wrong with flipping when the seller is honest. THAT, however, is disgusting.
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 10:06 AM

certainly uncool in my opinion.
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 01:54 PM

Here's the deal. I bought the guitar with every intention of keeping it. I played the hell out of it for a couple of days and just didn't bond with it. I know I won't get $1300, but I am not against making a little profit, hence the "best offer" option on the bay. I did use metalgod72's pix, which I agree was a mistake, but my camera sucks and I could not have gotten pictures as nice as those. I have purchased dozens and dozens of guitars. I can count on one hand the ones I have kept for over a year and only one I have kept since I bought it new in 1986. If it doesn't sell, it doesn't really matter, it's a great guitar to keep as a collector's item.
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 02:12 PM

I will agree, using your pics definitely isn't cool and I'm on the fence about him using the Jemsite Forum to buy guitars for flipping. Maybe I am naive, but I usually list on here first because these guitars are why were here and someone here is probably gassing for it. It IS a feel of community to me and these kind of things just kinda ruin that feeling.

Greed sucks but it's the way of the world.

EDIT: after reading Tar's post, I'm happy his INTENTION was to keep it. There have been many guitars I have bought and sold quickly because I was hoping it would be THE ONE and wasn't but I basically sell it for what I bought it at or less sometimes. I'm just happy to have the chance of owning it and playing it.
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 02:53 PM

I think I'm the only guy whose guitar went the other way. Guy bought it off of ebay, saying he needed the neck only. Then tried to sell the rest of it over here for an inflated price. Used my pics and exact wording. He got no takers. Then it went back to the bay, where he wound up selling the neck in one auction and the rest in another. He wound up getting exactly what he paid for it to begin with. I laughed.
Closed Thread

Tags
flipper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode