non-Ibanez ebay auctions in the "Ibanez" category - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
non-Ibanez ebay auctions in the "Ibanez" category

Surfing ebay this afternoon i've noticed that one particular seller, rockersguitars2011 has seemingly managed to get a whole load of vintage gear into the filtered category for Ibanez guitars...

Being realistic, is this something that should be reported as spamming? I mean, if you're looking for an Ibanez, you wouldn't expect to see an advert for a $25,000 vintage strat come up would you.

Or am I just not using ebay correctly?

If it is, I think I might take half an hour out of my day to report a half dozen auctions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: non-Ibanez ebay auctions in the "Ibanez" category

Do it, do it, do it!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 02:39 PM

Re: non-Ibanez ebay auctions in the "Ibanez" category

I've already done it before. I had a Jackson Soloist ad up that got removed from the Ibanez section. I contacted ebay and they told me it was in the wrong category, fair enough. I went back and counted all the ads with no relevance to Ibanez at all in the filtered results just for 'electric guitars'. There were easily about 100 ads out of the usual 600-700, maybe more. I contacted ebay who told me to report them. I did a few and they never got removed. It's all money to them, and if they remove an ad they usually refund you so it makes sense for them to keep them up. Sucks, there was a whole pile of brass instruments in that section when I looked a while back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode