Ordered some pus' from Guitar Center (website) and on back order??? - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Ordered some pus' from Guitar Center (website) and on back order???

So I order some pickups from GC a few days ago online. Well I get an email saying that they are on back order because none are available at the "warehouse". WTF? When I placed the order BEFORE paying it said nothing about being out of stock. Some pretty shady practices considering other sites I looked at would say if the pu's were in stock or not. Anyone here have any input on to how long you have waited for something on back order? Im sure each order has its own unique time to ship for different reasons, but thats pretty weak not being clear about whats in stock. When I was placing the order, it said 5-8 days. Then I get that back order crap in my email.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 10:47 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: Ordered some pus' from Guitar Center (website) and on back order???

I once ordered some pus from craigslist and was also very dissatisfied. (Sorry, couldn't let that typo go by.)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 11:03 PM

Dude, get a grip. Just because GC's website doesn't instantly track the inventory levels every single one of the tens of thousands of items they stock does not mean they're trying to rip you off. If you feel so strongly, cancel your order at GC and buy the pickup somewhere else.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 11:57 PM

I was completely mislead by the title of this thread. Damned apostrophe.

It can be frustrating when online stores don't track inventory properly. It's not that hard, and certainly CG is a large enough organization to have that capability. But don't get bent out of shape about it - as suggested, just cancel the order and get it somewhere else, and maybe don't give GC first crack at it next time.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

I'm not trying to bash GC about being ripped off, was just trying to get some idea of how long I should expect to wait. Jeez.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 01:08 PM

Reviews: 15

I've ordered from GC online before and on one of the screens it'll say whether or not the item is in stock or backordered. Although when I select the item while shopping I choose to have it shipped to the store. I don't know if that makes a difference.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverctr View Post
I've ordered from GC online before and on one of the screens it'll say whether or not the item is in stock or backordered. Although when I select the item while shopping I choose to have it shipped to the store. I don't know if that makes a difference.
I also opted for the store pickup and it didnt say it was out of stock. Maybe if its shipped to your home address it does.

I called GC today and asked if they had any idea of when it would ship. I ordered the pu's on Sept 27th and they said they wouldnt ship until Nov 17th. I cancelled the order not wanting to wait that long. I bought a single coil off the Bay 4 days ago and it arrived today.

Usually I buy them off the Bay, but GC had a coupon for 10% off and free shipping. Guess its a good deal if you dont mind waiting, but I have an 87 777dy I have been restoring for the last two months and just want to finish it. GC customer service was friendly and easy to cancel the order, but I dont think I will be ordering any thing unless its a good deal used guitar in the future.

Tags
guitar center

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode