Patrick SIMS (custom shop in TN, USA) experiences - Page 3 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 05:01 PM

Re: Patrick SIMS experiences

I am gonna try and clear this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psywaltz View Post
first: my english is good enough, to order a beer and to understand, what you are try to tell me ( and you understand, what i am saying). it was you who has said, that my apparently way of emailing or to argue is the problem, why patrick is not answering.
No, what i said was, if your post are anything LIKE your emails to Patrick, he'd very likely answer the more positive ones first.

Quote:
second: i`m able to seperate my anger, and i want to have no fight with anybody in this forum. what was your advice? "wait and pray?" and tell me, why do i need any luck? i have payed, i don`t need any luck... i have done all, i have to do as an customer! i have became serveral PMs from very friendly user, who were ripped of from patrick (they never have become their bodies back). they gave me the advice, toforget the money!
And i wished you luck, and i thought you might need it after such a lengthy wait, nothing more nothing less, i'm not on anyones side here.

Quote:

sorry, but i`m just dissappointed... thats all. i will say sorry to all that users, who felt attackt by me, that was not my intension!
You dont have to apologize bro, no one is asking that, your rightly angry, what i was trying to get across is to be angry at the right person

Again, good luck

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneboy View Post
After dealing with Patrick myself, I have one rule I go by now when getting any custom guitar work done - I only pay half the money up front and the balance on delivery. Any custom painter/guitar builder that wants to be paid in full when the order is placed, I will not do business with them. That one simple rule helps to separate the good vendors from the potentially bad ones.
Not a bad way to deal with people in other walks either
post #33 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

yes good idea... i will remember your words, when i decide, to order customparts again!
post #34 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem7RB MK View Post

You dont have to apologize bro, no one is asking that, your rightly angry, what i was trying to get across is to be angry at the right person

Again, good luck

Rob
thanx mate... i just feel anger against patrick, not against you or other people. since i deal with jaden rose, i have comparison between a good business man (and luthier) and a bad one. i don`t have the guitarbody here, so i can`t appreciate his work, just can appreciate, in whitch way he is dealing with me.

please, hold your fingers crossed!

Last edited by psywaltz; 03-22-2009 at 06:38 AM.
post #35 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
@ jaden: have you the impression, that im not friendly or aggressive?
No, never.
post #36 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 05:55 AM
Banned

ive heard loads of bad reports about patrick simms.obviously hes some sort of a.s.s.h.o.l.e just dont deal with him
post #37 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 11:27 AM

the one thing that no one is saying is that the quality of work isn't good. i have two bodies from Patrick so far, and they're excellent. i can't speak to the problems with communication, as i haven't had any.
post #38 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 02:22 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity View Post
the one thing that no one is saying is that the quality of work isn't good.
Eh, that's not correct. He hasn't batted a 1000. He's had a few errors.
post #39 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneboy View Post
Eh, that's not correct. He hasn't batted a 1000. He's had a few errors.
This i was unaware of O.o Thanks
post #40 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 03:10 PM

i'm not going to get into another slagging match with you toneboy. this would be vendetta attempt 3? for you?
post #41 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Banned

the problem with this sim's dude is that it takes so long to get your guitar back.if you live in the uk i can recommend a few people.alan brason from north sheilds tyne &wear does all my work.he has a awsome reputation across the uk.he did swirl a few guitars years ago,hes good quick and reliable.theres a few on jemsite with good reputations.jaden suposed to be very good,manchester i think hes based.i just use whoevers closest,this alan brason just lives 10 mins up the road.
post #42 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 03:15 PM

I must add another story about Patrick's failure to meet deadlines and subsequent failure to respond to inquiries.

The following email to Patrick (sent in mid January 2009) summarizes the situation:

In April 21, 2008 my son,contacted you about making him a custom guitar neck. After a series of email exchanges, you acknowledged receipt of a payment of $345 (payment and shipping) on May 6, 2008. In an email dated April 27, 2008 you agreed to fully refund the payment if you did not complete the order within ten weeks. On July 16, 2008 my son inquired about your progress. At that time, you responded that you were still working on the neck. He inquired again on October 26, 2008. This time you did not respond.

I have phoned you twice this week [January 20, 2009] and left messages. You have yet to respond.

My son has seen samples of your work and admires your craftsmanship. His favorite action would be to receive the neck that he purchased. On the other hand, he ordered the neck more than eight months ago. He has a legitimate concern that you have no intention of completing the work. My son is a minor and I am upset that you are apparently taking advantage of him. I would like to work out a solution that enables him to complete his guitar as soon as possible.

I would appreciate a response to this message by Monday January 22, 2009 with an explicit commitment to deliver the neck on or before February 13, 2009. Otherwise I will contact third parties to encourage you to fulfill your part of the contract.

Patrick responded to this message:

We we took the order for the neck we know not the age of our customers, therefore the fact that he is a minor has no impact of the fact that his neck is not completed. We were having a company is California make our necks for us. However, due to some quality issues & extremely longturnaround times & poor communication (which ultimately we take the heat & blame for) we no longer used them. We searcched for months for another company to use, but were not able to find anyone who coudl do the quality we want or could do it at a reasonable price. Many places wanted $400 or more to build a neck. At any rate your sons neck had been started & made by the original compamy we used which was in Ca. however upon receiving it I was not pleased with it. Not only is it hard enough to get this company to actually get you your product in a decent amount of time, but to actually send something back & ask for it to be redone, well, you would nevber s ee the neck again, so I simply decided to wash my hands of them. Late last year I bought my own CNC machine in which to make necks on, then all the wood working machines I would need for cutting & milling the lumber. I've got everything in order & have already started making JEM bodies to catch up on late/old orders. I have the programs for the neck program but I have to make a jig 1st which will hold the neck. I have not done this yet, however I will be soon. I have already purchased all the wood to do your sons neck with & will be doing them myslef on the CNC. I ask that you could be a little more patient & be assured I will complete the neck. I know all the specs of it & have not forgotten about the order.

I appreciate the patience you've had & I appologize for the delay & any inconvience it may of caused you. Please respond back & let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thank you,

Patrick Sims

I did respond immediately, asking for an expected date of completion. When I heard nothing in mid February (the completion date that I proposed), I inquired again. Finally, last week I wrote again, demanded a full refund, and promised to publicize his fraud if I failed to hear from him. In addition to posting on this website, ****, the better business bureau, and file a legal claim.

Perhaps Patrick eventually will complete this job, but I have no tangible evidence of this. I have been respectful and patient for long enough and I would discourage everyone from doing business with Patrick.
post #43 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheated N. Angry View Post

Patrick responded to this message:

Not only is it hard enough to get this company to actually get you your product in a decent amount of time, but to actually send something back & ask for it to be redone, well, you would nevber s ee the neck again, so I simply decided to wash my hands of them.

Thank you,

Patrick Sims
just lol
post #44 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 04:11 PM

Reviews: 1

So Patrick agrees to deliver a neck by X date which he's not even making himself. He has to depend on a sub-contractor which was probably Chris Woods or maybe Carvin. I know in the past he's used Carvin necks on his line of guitars.

I can't blame him for delays because of a sub-contractor problem but what was he thinking, promising a delivery date he has no direct control over? I know what he was thinking about - money in his pocket. To put icing on the cake, he blows off the guy for months. The whole situation disgusts me. Well, at least he wasn't a jerk in his reply.

This is just another classic example of winning the battle and losing the war. Patrick gets the customer's money but no matter what happens in the end (delivery of product or refund), he will lose a repeat customer who will go out of their way to tell anyone and everyone never to do business with him.
post #45 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez777vbk View Post
the problem with this sim's dude is that it takes so long to get your guitar back.if you live in the uk i can recommend a few people.alan brason from north sheilds tyne &wear does all my work.he has a awsome reputation across the uk.he did swirl a few guitars years ago,hes good quick and reliable.theres a few on jemsite with good reputations.jaden suposed to be very good,manchester i think hes based.i just use whoevers closest,this alan brason just lives 10 mins up the road.
yes, game, set match SIMS!

now, i`m assured, he is fraud! i never will become my money back, nor i will receive my body!
i saked myselfe, how long i have to wait, before its sure, that he has me ripped of. i have not the chance, to assign a lawyer. i have no chance, to force my money back! in what kind of world we do live...

i never will deal with a luthier again...thanx man!

Tags
patrick sims , scs , sims custom shop , sims customshop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode