Patrick SIMS (custom shop in TN, USA) experiences - Page 4 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 04:58 AM
Banned

Re: Patrick SIMS experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by psywaltz View Post
yes, game, set match SIMS!

now, i`m assured, he is fraud! i never will become my money back, nor i will receive my body!
i saked myselfe, how long i have to wait, before its sure, that he has me ripped of. i have not the chance, to assign a lawyer. i have no chance, to force my money back! in what kind of world we do live...

i never will deal with a luthier again...thanx man!
sorry to hear that man.but surely theres a good guitar tech near where you live.theres a few germany lads on this site ask around,thats what i did and i found 2 guitar tech's within 5 miles of me.your always running a risk shipping guitar abroad,to me that simm's dude just takes on more work than he can handle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez777vbk View Post
ive heard loads of bad reports about patrick simms.obviously hes some sort of a.s.s.h.o.l.e just dont deal with him
Let's keep the talk to the work done, deliverables, etc. Unless you are talking about your personal experience with Patrick or the SIMS shop, this isn't an appropriate comment.
post #48 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

good news... patrick is alive. he has declined my friendship on my space! i can understand him, because i have ended my email with bad words... and i meant it from the bottom of my heart!

now i know, he is a fraud...

but we mussn`t forget the 20 mails i have written, in witch i was very friendly.

Last edited by psywaltz; 03-23-2009 at 03:02 PM.
post #49 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 01:49 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

i'd keep in mind abusive posting here will find you on the outside looking in... glen
post #50 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 10:37 PM
site founder 0% owner

FWIW Sims has been shown the door from jemsite and won't be posting here.

Ban Reason: too much drama, moderator abuse & poor communication.

That does not give psywaltz or others a license to troll & disrespect or you'll be with him. I hope that is very clear cause it will be swift...glen

Last edited by jemsite; 03-23-2009 at 10:53 PM.
post #51 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

yes... i totally agree!

me and a lot of other user have made the mistake. we have paid for a service and we expect in a adequate timeframe a usable result... and we force this person, who is providing a service, to pay either a refund or ship the item. this is really barefaced und inadmissible.

i have just used the word "fraud" because patrick has missed, giving me the proof, that i will receive my body, for witch i have payed.

i never have used invectives...

the only person, who handle without enough respect, is Mr. SIMS.... nobody else!

and glen.... banish me. i will have no problem with that. when this the official way of jemsite is, to adjuticate upon ripped off customers, then i won`t be longer a part of this community.

its noticeable, that jemsite is protecting a man, who offers a conflicting service.

take care all of you...

i will never come back!
post #52 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
/snip long winded misinterpretation
take care all of you...

i will never come back!
See ya bro, but you took Glen totally wrong there
post #53 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
FWIW Sims has been shown the door from jemsite and won't be posting here.

Ban Reason: too much drama, moderator abuse & poor communication.

That does not give psywaltz or others a license to troll & disrespect or you'll be with him. I hope that is very clear cause it will be swift...glen
I warned ya, when he became a sponsor....
post #54 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 11:06 AM
site founder 0% owner

if you wanna be a drama queen that is your right... either way i suggest a little bit of reading comprehension ...glen

Quote:
yes... i totally agree!

me and a lot of other user have made the mistake. we have paid for a service and we expect in a adequate timeframe a usable result... and we force this person, who is providing a service, to pay either a refund or ship the item. this is really barefaced und inadmissible.

i have just used the word "fraud" because patrick has missed, giving me the proof, that i will receive my body, for witch i have payed.

i never have used invectives...

the only person, who handle without enough respect, is Mr. SIMS.... nobody else!

and glen.... banish me. i will have no problem with that. when this the official way of jemsite is, to adjuticate upon ripped off customers, then i won`t be longer a part of this community.

its noticeable, that jemsite is protecting a man, who offers a conflicting service.

take care all of you...

i will never come back!
post #55 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 01:40 PM

Unhappy Re: Patrick SIMS experiences

Ohhps, Bummer ! I also think it's a misinterpretation, Psy thinks that Glen protects Sims. The problem is to understand you guys, not being a native speaker. I know this problem by myself. I know Psy, he's a good guy and has a ton of knowledge about Ibanez Guitars. I think everyone wouldn't be amused to be treated this way as a customer.

Last edited by WMerkert; 03-24-2009 at 01:45 PM.
post #56 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMerkert View Post
Ohhps, Bummer ! I also think it's a misinterpretation, Psy thinks that Glen protects Sims. The problem is to understand you guys, not being a native speaker. I know this problem by myself. I know Psy, he's a good guy and has a ton of knowledge about Ibanez Guitars. I think everyone wouldn't be amused to be treated this way as a customer.
No one would, of course. If you want, give Psy a shout and possibly explain the situation to him in German. Sims was banned, no one else, and the mods would simply like people who have not dealt with Sims at all to refrain from making comments about him personally. If you dealt with him and think he's a fraud or a crook or a genius or whatever, you've got a right to that opinion, and you can share it as well. It is the personal attacks from people with no personal knowledge that we want to avoid.
post #57 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 10:02 PM

Thumbs down Re: Patrick SIMS experiences

my experience...

long time ago (4 years or more?) I bought from sims a "jem" body on e-bay.
in that time I didn't know anything about this seller. and of course, I have no idea that he was here in this forum.
he told me and in his announcement said that the body came from original Ibanez factory.
days later, I discovered that the body came from monsterguitarshop and it has many many issues and flaws that I (and a luthier) had to fix them.
is this not a fraud???

he is a big liar! lot of problems with the shipment and above he was very rude with me.
i dont speak english well in order to defend myself against a guy like this.

so I am not be surprised to read all kinds of negative coments.

also you can read many posts from sims discrediting, with no sense and without any reason, other people's work in this forum.

Time puts each of us in our place.

Dani.

(sorry my english)

Last edited by DaniJem; 03-24-2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: bad english
post #58 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

iM BACK FOR A SHORT NOTICE, after 3 month of HAVING NO CONTACT, he has written a mail, witch i will post here.

Jens,

I plan on & have every intention of refunding your money for the body & paint. I am not in the business of ripping people off, & I've never ripped anyone off, contrary to what some people may say, everyone gets what they paid for it may just not be in their time frame.

I would also like to point out our policy on turnaround time & refunds which is clearly stated on our webite & has been for nearly a year on our prices page......

**** Custom paint jobs & builds can be very time consuming & tedious & often times unsuspected issues can arise during the refinishing or building process on your guitar or someone elses that can cause delays, which inturn effects everyones project as far as turnaround time is concerned. While we strive to complete projects in the amount of time quoted (and many times the guitar is completed before the quoted time) it cannot be guaranteed. Weather can also play a huge factor in turnaround time as we do not paint if the humidity is too high, raining, below freezing tempatures, complexity of build or paint work, etc. (Please keep in mind we're painting guitars here that are wood, not cars). Their will be no refunds on paint projects or custom builds b/c the orginal quoted turnaround time has passed, as many times=2 0we have already purchased the materials, paint, wood, etc and began the project. If you choose to have us send your guitar back incompleted there will not be a full or even partial refund. Please take this into consideration before sending your guitar in for paint work or placing an order for a custom project. By sending your guitar to us for work or by ordering a custom guitar, body, neck etc from us means that you accept these terms & conditions.

As soon as I have the availble funds to refund you I will. There is no need to ask me on a weekly basis if I have the money yet, b/c if you haven't gotten a refund yet that means I don't. As soon as I have the funds to send you I will. In the mean time, posting on the forums, e-mailing my on myspace, etc will not help your situation any or speed up the process in which I will be able to refund you. Please keep in mind I do not normally offer refunds, which is made very clear on the site for anyone to read & take into consideration prior to placing an order.

i understand all, what he is writing and it`s nothing more than an excuse for "having made mistakes" . i can find no honest apology... and now i have to wait, if i sometimes will receive a refund.

the thing, that makes me really angry is, that he has written, that the swirl is ready, that it just needs more time, to make a good clearcoat... but now it seems, that he never has started with the work, because otherwise there is no necessary, to offer me the refund ... when he can make the clearcoat ready and ship!

however!

Last edited by psywaltz; 03-26-2009 at 06:53 AM.
post #59 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
iM BACK FOR A SHORT NOTICE, after 3 month of HAVING NO CONTACT, he has written a mail, witch i will post here.

Jens,

I plan on & have every intention of refunding your money for the body & paint. I am not in the business of ripping people off, & I've never ripped anyone off, contrary to what some people may say, everyone gets what they paid for it may just not be in their time frame.

I would also like to point out our policy on turnaround time & refunds which is clearly stated on our webite & has been for nearly a year on our prices page......

**** Custom paint jobs & builds can be very time consuming & tedious & often times unsuspected issues can arise during the refinishing or building process on your guitar or someone elses that can cause delays, which inturn effects everyones project as far as turnaround time is concerned. While we strive to complete projects in the amount of time quoted (and many times the guitar is completed before the quoted time) it cannot be guaranteed. Weather can also play a huge factor in turnaround time as we do not paint if the humidity is too high, raining, below freezing tempatures, complexity of build or paint work, etc. (Please keep in mind we're painting guitars here that are wood, not cars). Their will be no refunds on paint projects or custom builds b/c the orginal quoted turnaround time has passed, as many times=2 0we have already purchased the materials, paint, wood, etc and began the project. If you choose to have us send your guitar back incompleted there will not be a full or even partial refund. Please take this into consideration before sending your guitar in for paint work or placing an order for a custom project. By sending your guitar to us for work or by ordering a custom guitar, body, neck etc from us means that you accept these terms & conditions.

As soon as I have the availble funds to refund you I will. There is no need to ask me on a weekly basis if I have the money yet, b/c if you haven't gotten a refund yet that means I don't. As soon as I have the funds to send you I will. In the mean time, posting on the forums, e-mailing my on myspace, etc will not help your situation any or speed up the process in which I will be able to refund you. Please keep in mind I do not normally offer refunds, which is made very clear on the site for anyone to read & take into consideration prior to placing an order.

i understand all, what he is writing and it`s nothing more than an excuse for "having made mistakes" . i can find no honest apology... and now i have to wait, if i sometimes will receive a refund.

the thing, that makes me really angry is, that he has written, that the swirl is ready, that it just needs more time, to make a good clearcoat... but now it seems, that he never has started with the work, because otherwise there is no necessary, to offer me the refund ... when he can make the clearcoat ready and ship!

however!

Hang in there dude and stay on him for your refund. And never do business with that ever again... That no refund thing gets under my skin especially when its the vendor dropping the ball.
post #60 of 597 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Weather can also play a huge factor in turnaround time as we do not paint if the humidity is too high, raining, below freezing tempatures, complexity of build or paint work, etc. (Please keep in mind we're painting guitars here that are wood, not cars).
??? The painter I deal with is in Colorado which has heavy duty winters. He painted a guitar for me in January through February and the temperature never came up as being an issue affecting the delivery time.

Tags
patrick sims , scs , sims custom shop , sims customshop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode